Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking Tickets 22:14 - May 6 with 2415 viewscooper442

Not sure it was necessary for the council to put on extra traffic wardens and ticket so many cars ,on the way home ,I saw 2 wardens having a field day ,I fortunately got back to my car in time but there was over 50 stuck on windows.
Parking Tickets on 22:15 - May 6 with 2374 viewsle2blue

Got to pay for all the rubbish clearing somehow I guess.
Parking Tickets on 00:14 - May 7 with 2090 viewsstonojnr

we heard the same complaints last year too, park in a proper parking place, and its not a problem is it ?
Parking Tickets on 04:32 - May 7 with 1957 viewsfooters

Parking Tickets on 00:14 - May 7 by stonojnr

we heard the same complaints last year too, park in a proper parking place, and its not a problem is it ?

The council should suspend all parking regs because I want to park where I like. How dare they enforce their rules and not let me off.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Parking Tickets on 07:14 - May 7 with 1710 viewstivo

So you parked illegally somewhere?
Parking Tickets on 07:34 - May 7 with 1641 viewsNeedhamChris

Good for them, after last year it's hardly a surprise. If people are going to flout the rules then I'm fine with a bit of extra revenue generation, hopefully boosts the pothole fund!

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Parking Tickets on 08:21 - May 7 with 1509 viewsBloomBlue

I have a friend who's daughter has to use a wheelchair they had to walk in the road because of cars parked illegally half on a yellow line, half on the pavement around Christchurch Park area. As he said he's all for people enjoying the celebrations but why didn't people park in the official car parks in town and walk to Christchurch Park. I explained they're either too lazy to walk or too fat or both

He would prefer the Council remove all the cars illegally parked and just crush them with no reimbursement to the owners. He views those drivers as anti-disabled.
Parking Tickets on 08:23 - May 7 with 1472 viewsyorkshireblue

As someone far wittier than me said on Twitter to someone complaining about getting a parking ticket - did you also ignore all red lights just because it was the parade?
Parking Tickets on 09:29 - May 7 with 1300 viewsJimmyJazz

Wonder if some of the parking offences would have been OK under the Sunday parking rules, and some assumed that might extend to the bank holiday? I say that as someone who is not in favour of the Sunday parking free for all.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Login to get fewer ads

Parking Tickets on 09:31 - May 7 with 1288 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, the same as last year - no one was parked particularly badly but the difference between Bank Holiday Monday and a Sunday aren't widely understood so a chance for them to just make some money.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Parking Tickets on 09:39 - May 7 with 1206 viewswkj

Given the news and debate about it last year, I am astounded people rolled the dice again this year. I really can't blame IBC for sticking extra hours into the warden patrols give that councils are going broke left right and centre.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

It clearly was necessary on 09:44 - May 7 with 1191 viewsDyland

Since so many people decided to park away from the effing car parks.

As others have commented this produced a fiery thread last year.

I don't think it's a massive deal but also have zero sympathy for anyone getting a ticket.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Parking Tickets on 09:46 - May 7 with 1169 viewsPhilTWTD

Parking Tickets on 09:31 - May 7 by itfcjoe

Yep, the same as last year - no one was parked particularly badly but the difference between Bank Holiday Monday and a Sunday aren't widely understood so a chance for them to just make some money.

I think the issue is it tends to vary across the country, some councils treat Bank Holidays as Sundays, some don't.
Parking Tickets on 10:39 - May 7 with 990 viewsTrequartista

For people parking stupidly e.g. blocking people's drives, obstructing paths, causing problems for disabled pedestrians I have no sympathy, but for those just parking on a single yellow on a day like yesterday, it seems rather a cynical move from the council. Seems to have brought out the authoritarians on this thread though!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Parking Tickets on 10:50 - May 7 with 910 viewsGeoffSentence

Parking Tickets on 10:39 - May 7 by Trequartista

For people parking stupidly e.g. blocking people's drives, obstructing paths, causing problems for disabled pedestrians I have no sympathy, but for those just parking on a single yellow on a day like yesterday, it seems rather a cynical move from the council. Seems to have brought out the authoritarians on this thread though!

From a purely practical perspective, given the volume of traffic and number of people around, parking needed enforcing this Bank Holiday more than most.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Parking Tickets on 10:55 - May 7 with 878 viewsArmaghBlue

It was just a golden revenue collector day to them
Parking Tickets on 13:07 - May 7 with 674 viewsAlanG296

Funny to see this thread with the same old whinging as the thread a year ago. I blame the ownership, MA, KM, the players, etc. So inconsiderate of them to bring us something to celebrate again. Never had these issues when ME and MMc were about. Hoping for the same again for Spring Bank Holiday next year when we celebrate our qualification for the Champions League.
Parking Tickets on 13:20 - May 7 with 625 viewsbaxterbasics

On Saturday I parked legally on Westerfield Rd and walked 15 mins past Christchurch Park into Town to watch the match at the Cock and Pye. In that short walk I think I noticed three yellow stickers on cars.

But doing it again on the BH seems harsh as it is easy to assume BH rules align with Sundays - even if officially this is not the case.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024