Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Rosenior sacked 13:52 - May 7 with 5372 viewsitfcjoe

According to Talksport

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 13:53 - May 7 with 4135 viewsElderGrizzly

Which would be laughable, but given the owners I assume a Turkish manager is on his way?
Liam Rosenior sacked on 13:54 - May 7 with 4110 viewsHerbivore

That's surprising. I know he had a lot of talent at his disposal but he also had to try and bed in several new players, which is never easy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 13:54 - May 7 with 4105 viewsKieran_Knows

Given the squad assembled, you can kind of understand why.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Liam Rosenior sacked on 13:55 - May 7 with 4073 viewsElderGrizzly

Liam Rosenior sacked on 13:54 - May 7 by Herbivore

That's surprising. I know he had a lot of talent at his disposal but he also had to try and bed in several new players, which is never easy.

Several new players that he was 'gifted' by the ownership/structure at Hull too.
There's an argument Hull underacheived last season on 13:55 - May 7 with 4065 viewsDyland

Liam Rosenior sacked on 13:53 - May 7 by ElderGrizzly

Which would be laughable, but given the owners I assume a Turkish manager is on his way?

Not a very strong one, but an argument nonetheless. Saying that, it's moronic not giving Rosenior a fair old crack at the whip unless they have someone even better lined up.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 13:56 - May 7 with 3997 viewsITFCBlues

Is it though? Did you see the money they spent and squad they assembled?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 13:58 - May 7 with 3907 viewsJakeITFC

What an awful decision.
I guess it's a case of.... on 13:59 - May 7 with 3884 viewsBloots

...."your job objective was to reach the play offs, you failed your job objective. You're therefore fired".

Harsh, but that's how modern football works.

We don't know how our board would have reacted had KM failed to get us out of the 3rd Division. Things could have been very different.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Login to get fewer ads

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:02 - May 7 with 3782 viewsdavblue

Shame for him.

Still has it all to prove but think he's done a decent job there.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:02 - May 7 with 3780 viewsMarkp68

SSN running it now too. Seems mad to me
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:02 - May 7 with 3780 viewsblueasfook

Harsh if true. Just missed out on the play offs and could have pushed on next season. Harshest sacking of the season there I think.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:02 - May 7 with 3765 viewswkj

Silly decision really, he would be someone I would have had on my 'wish list' if KM left

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:04 - May 7 with 3674 viewstextbackup

Finished 7th with an expensive squad.

Typical of some owners these days, no patients.

Probably looked at us and went ‘they’ve spent less we should be there’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:04 - May 7 with 3666 views_clive_baker_

Nominated for MOTS and sacked in the same month, can't be too common.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:08 - May 7 with 3551 viewsRegencyBlue

Hull spent a lot of money this season with, I guess, the minimum expectation of making the playoffs.

Short sighted decision for me but that’s football these days!
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:09 - May 7 with 3542 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

There’s no doubting he underachieved with the big names they brought in.

However, it was hardly disastrous form, looks like a case of BWYWW. Look at the dire season Sunderland had after sacking Mowbray, and Birmingham with Eustace.

Seems utterly shortsighted to me, sure Rosenior will find another role easy enough.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:13 - May 7 with 3449 viewsPhilTWTD

I wonder whether he'll end up at Plymouth, I heard a whisper they wanted him when the vacancy came up previously, but perhaps he'll have his sights set higher.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:14 - May 7 with 3385 viewsZoomba

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:13 - May 7 by PhilTWTD

I wonder whether he'll end up at Plymouth, I heard a whisper they wanted him when the vacancy came up previously, but perhaps he'll have his sights set higher.

Maybe saving himself for the Town job when Brighton get McKenna *ducks*
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:15 - May 7 with 3353 viewsReusersTown

Is it that laughable though givent their transfer outlay. Looks like they underperformed despite the fact Rosenior seems like a good guy.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:15 - May 7 with 3337 viewsHerbivore

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:09 - May 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

There’s no doubting he underachieved with the big names they brought in.

However, it was hardly disastrous form, looks like a case of BWYWW. Look at the dire season Sunderland had after sacking Mowbray, and Birmingham with Eustace.

Seems utterly shortsighted to me, sure Rosenior will find another role easy enough.

But they've finished behind five sides with parachute payments and players with Prem experience - three of whom came down last season after years in the Prem - and us, and we're the finest football team the world has ever seen. There will be about a dozen sides who feel they should be challenging for top 6 in the Championship, the reality is they can't all make it.

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:16 - May 7 with 3341 viewsPhilTWTD

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:14 - May 7 by Zoomba

Maybe saving himself for the Town job when Brighton get McKenna *ducks*

Maybe! I think he'd be someone most would view as a good appointment. However, the way Kieran spoke after the game on Saturday, he doesn't seem to be looking to move on quite yet.

McKenna: I Love It Here! 4th May 2024 18:18
Boss Kieran McKenna says his job at Town isn’t done yet and would be keen to re-sign this year’s loanees for the Blues’ Premier League campaign. 24

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:24 - May 7 with 3152 viewstractorboy1978

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:15 - May 7 by Herbivore

But they've finished behind five sides with parachute payments and players with Prem experience - three of whom came down last season after years in the Prem - and us, and we're the finest football team the world has ever seen. There will be about a dozen sides who feel they should be challenging for top 6 in the Championship, the reality is they can't all make it.

That's true, although the remit was clearly instant success. They've spent (wasted) some serious cash on short term fixes (loans) this season.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:26 - May 7 with 3081 viewsHerbivore

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:24 - May 7 by tractorboy1978

That's true, although the remit was clearly instant success. They've spent (wasted) some serious cash on short term fixes (loans) this season.

I'd suggest that's a failure of strategy rather than of management though. Blooding loads of young, short term signings and getting them to gel quickly isn't easy. I said the other week that he's probably done about a par job given the talent at his disposal so think the sacking is harsh.

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:27 - May 7 with 3059 viewsElderGrizzly

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:15 - May 7 by ReusersTown

Is it that laughable though givent their transfer outlay. Looks like they underperformed despite the fact Rosenior seems like a good guy.

Have they given the resources teams above them have though?

We are very much an exception this season, but one built on stability
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:29 - May 7 with 3038 viewsBellevue_Blue

Definitely surprising, however it probably emphasises just how much he was provided in terms of resources to get into the play offs!

Very promising manager who you'd have thought would be fairly high up the list of candidates for Nodge, Leeds or Southampton if they fail to go up and go in a different direction. Equally Sunderland potentially could be a decent lateral step.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024