Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Ticket Priority 15:29 - May 7 with 4177 viewsitfc48

I don't envy those that have the job of working out how the home ticket priority should work for next season. I remember last time we were in the Premier League a ballot system was in place which worked ok from what I recall.

As a long-time member, I would like to think loyalty is rewarded however I do recognise the importance of getting the new young fans hooked. I certainly don't expect to go to more games than I have been attending during an average season but would like to have some priority over those that have been to less games. I wouldn't be too chuffed if every game was on the luck of the queue and I expect there will be plenty of away fans by membership and trying to get tickets if some sort of points system wasn't in place.

Am also expecting some sort of price rise but hopefully a sensible one - I've seen some horror stories from other clubs. I've no reason to doubt our ownership though as they've been great so far.
Home Ticket Priority on 15:37 - May 7 with 3163 viewsiamipswich

Perhaps something similar to the Huddersfield game?

While that would certainly suit me, I can then see how that would still work to exclude people who couldn't get to games this season and then it's the same people getting tickets each time.

Like you, having been to 14 home games this year, I would like to have some priority over those who have been to fewer but understand it shouldn't be as simple as that.

Glad it's not my job to work out a system that's meant to keep everyone happy! (no such system exists)

Poll: Who will return first?

Home Ticket Priority on 15:40 - May 7 with 3140 viewssmithy91

I am hopeful there will be a chance for long time fans who live afar, such as myself, to attend 2/3 home games at least next season as I have been on average since end of MM days.

Whilst it is good to reward loyalty there is a multitude of reasons why some fans cant attend regularly, but still have supported the club financially over the years, who should at least have an opportunity to attend occassionally.

I think some of the regulars to every game may have to lower expectations about attending every single game...
Home Ticket Priority on 15:44 - May 7 with 3089 viewsDurovigutum

I have wondered this. I fear a wave of new members who only want a ticket when it is Man U or Liverpool.

I've been a member since forever and almost bought a season ticket this year but clicked "buy" as they stopped the sale - and as it transpired I wouldn't have made the first 8 league games anyway....

Realistically I can only make eight or nine games a season so a ballot is hopeless for me. I don't care if it is Brentford, Bournemouth or whoever on a day I can make - my fear is I get to none because that just happens to be a "popular" opposition.

I'm old enough to remember the last Premier League season and recall phoning up the ticket office to see if there had been returns. This was most likely on a "less popular" opponent, I recall seeing Blackburn two years on the trot (but my memory may be letting me down)....
Home Ticket Priority on 15:49 - May 7 with 3027 viewsReus30

Not too fussed about home games but my concern is the away capacities - min 3,000 (or 10% if less!) but that will likely be the max too.

Chances of me getting to any games next year are slim but it is what it is.
Home Ticket Priority on 15:50 - May 7 with 3006 viewssquiz

As a member in the 2+ category who missed out on tickets for Saturday, I'll be interested to see what they do as well.

My worry is long distance fans like myself will effectively be shut out from ever getting tickets, as we won't get the chance to get up to the required number of matches.

The queue system they have implemented seems (as far as I can tell) to be similar to a balloting system anyway in that its complete luck of the draw. But it would be nice if you missed out on tickets for one match, you were more likely to get them in the future.
Home Ticket Priority on 15:53 - May 7 with 2977 viewsGiant_Midget

Home Ticket Priority on 15:49 - May 7 by Reus30

Not too fussed about home games but my concern is the away capacities - min 3,000 (or 10% if less!) but that will likely be the max too.

Chances of me getting to any games next year are slim but it is what it is.

I've had the same thought, there is a real likelihood that away games are going to become a closed shop to the same 3000 every other weekend.
Home Ticket Priority on 15:57 - May 7 with 2919 viewsitfc48

Home Ticket Priority on 15:50 - May 7 by squiz

As a member in the 2+ category who missed out on tickets for Saturday, I'll be interested to see what they do as well.

My worry is long distance fans like myself will effectively be shut out from ever getting tickets, as we won't get the chance to get up to the required number of matches.

The queue system they have implemented seems (as far as I can tell) to be similar to a balloting system anyway in that its complete luck of the draw. But it would be nice if you missed out on tickets for one match, you were more likely to get them in the future.

I really do hope they keep the long-distance fans who have been on the journey in mind. If times do get tough again those fans will be there where as you never know with the newer fans (not doubting anyone's commitment by the way)

I'm probably in the minority where I'd rather go see some other teams over the money-grabbing top six.
Home Ticket Priority on 16:02 - May 7 with 2880 viewsDarkBrandon

Home Ticket Priority on 15:53 - May 7 by Giant_Midget

I've had the same thought, there is a real likelihood that away games are going to become a closed shop to the same 3000 every other weekend.

I really don’t think it should be a closed shop.

The club needs to consider closing the gap between season ticket holders and everyone else. Currently STH get a lot of benefits and when their commitment to the club was unique that is great. When the ground could be sold out twice over it just has the effect of shutting out others.

If we get the number of season tickets below the cap by people not renewing, where they do have spare capacity, rather than sell one ticket to every game to the same person, I’d time-slice it. So two people could each go to half the games. Rather than have one person going to everything, and one having to scramble for tickets each week or keep their fingers crossed for the ballot. You’d have to ensure they were reasonably evenly split between the glamour clubs, but that should be doable.

Although we won’t have any spare season tickets for some time
[Post edited 7 May 16:03]
Login to get fewer ads

I am assuming those that got tickets on the Monday for the Huddersfield game on 16:07 - May 7 with 2779 viewsunstableblue

Which was 5+ purchases and a non-season ticket membership

Are going to be the group who snap up the remaining match tickets

Can't see it will get beyond that group, in whatever way they set it up.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Home Ticket Priority on 16:15 - May 7 with 2709 viewsMatt_Netherlands

1st Priority: Members who attended 10+ games in 23/24
2nd Priority: Members who attended 5+ games in 23/24
3rd Priority: Members
4th Priority: General Sale

Return tickets: Distributed by ballot

That's how I’d do it. Like others have said, it seems a bit wrong for season ticket holders to have priority over the general public. I do think though that those who have been to a decent chunk of games this season deserve their loyalty to be recognised.

The club also desperately needs to sort out the online queuing system so that it verifies credentials before someone can join the queue.
Home Ticket Priority on 16:16 - May 7 with 2693 viewsbsw72

Last time in the Prem they ran a ballot system where non ST holders subscribed and got tickets automatically, but could return them and get priority on the next home game (I think). Not ideal but seemed to work ok, you ended up with 4-5 games over the season from memory.

Whatever the solution it's going to end up feeling unfair to some and not others.
[Post edited 7 May 16:17]
Home Ticket Priority on 16:23 - May 7 with 2620 viewsTractorJack

It's why our success has been a bit of a double edged sword for me. Was going to games fairly regularly 5 or so years ago until I had kids. Now they're a bit older and would consider taking at least one of them and I can't imagine how I'd be able to get tickets without a recent purchase history. I dont care what league we're in, what opposition, home or away.
Home Ticket Priority on 16:33 - May 7 with 2546 viewsDennyx4

Home Ticket Priority on 16:15 - May 7 by Matt_Netherlands

That's how I’d do it. Like others have said, it seems a bit wrong for season ticket holders to have priority over the general public. I do think though that those who have been to a decent chunk of games this season deserve their loyalty to be recognised.

The club also desperately needs to sort out the online queuing system so that it verifies credentials before someone can join the queue.

Agree, that there should be some benefit to those that have been to games this year, ahead of new members.

However think there may be an opportunity to guarantee 2 or 3 random games for anyone that buys a membership (including season ticket holders). Not sure how many memberships we had this year, but even if 10,000 it is still only a small percentage of the overall available seats.

This would encourage more memberships, that would drive additional income into the club.
Home Ticket Priority on 16:45 - May 7 with 2466 viewsMeadowlark

Home Ticket Priority on 16:15 - May 7 by Matt_Netherlands

As a season ticket holder, I completely agree. We already have our ticket for home games, so we do not need a priority window, but maybe an opportunity to buy an extra ticket before general sale on a couple of occasions would be nice. Like using our joker, but limited to the number of matches it can be used. I appreciate that such a system might not be workable.......
I used to be able to take my grandkids now and again. Now no chance.
Home Ticket Priority on 16:46 - May 7 with 2450 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Home Ticket Priority on 16:16 - May 7 by bsw72

Last time in the Prem they ran a ballot system where non ST holders subscribed and got tickets automatically, but could return them and get priority on the next home game (I think). Not ideal but seemed to work ok, you ended up with 4-5 games over the season from memory.

Whatever the solution it's going to end up feeling unfair to some and not others.
[Post edited 7 May 16:17]

I think the biggest difference now (from memory) is that everyone who wanted a season ticket the year before could get one. Whereas now we’ve had people waiting for a year without one so have had to buy tickets to lots of games. Doesn’t seem right that those people would miss out over those who want to go games for the first time, because of a ballot.

Unless they kept say 500 tickets for a general sale ballot, and did the rest through a pretty scheme.

29k capacity
- 21k season ticket holders
- 3k away fans
- 1k comps, staff and players Tickets

= 4K tickets on sale roughly per home game

Maybe a bit less if the stadium updates require any seats being lost
Home Ticket Priority on 17:01 - May 7 with 2309 viewsRonFearonsHair

Home Ticket Priority on 16:33 - May 7 by Dennyx4

Agree, that there should be some benefit to those that have been to games this year, ahead of new members.

However think there may be an opportunity to guarantee 2 or 3 random games for anyone that buys a membership (including season ticket holders). Not sure how many memberships we had this year, but even if 10,000 it is still only a small percentage of the overall available seats.

This would encourage more memberships, that would drive additional income into the club.

Allowing new members the option of jumping up to priority level 1 for a limited number of category B/C matches during the season seems entirely reasonable to keep as many people engaged with the club as possible.
Home Ticket Priority on 17:18 - May 7 with 2204 viewsbsw72

Home Ticket Priority on 16:46 - May 7 by Matt_Netherlands

I think the biggest difference now (from memory) is that everyone who wanted a season ticket the year before could get one. Whereas now we’ve had people waiting for a year without one so have had to buy tickets to lots of games. Doesn’t seem right that those people would miss out over those who want to go games for the first time, because of a ballot.

Unless they kept say 500 tickets for a general sale ballot, and did the rest through a pretty scheme.

29k capacity
- 21k season ticket holders
- 3k away fans
- 1k comps, staff and players Tickets

= 4K tickets on sale roughly per home game

Maybe a bit less if the stadium updates require any seats being lost

I agree - having moved to Suffolk ~ 2 years ago with a lot of work to do on the property we bought, I opted not to get the season ticket, and have subsequently been doing exactly that below, buying tickets for the games I could make.

I think back in 00/01 Season Tickets sold out hence the ballot system, but football is a different business these days.

Whatever the system, people will miss out - I will have to accept the fact that now I have the time and money to go to every pretty much home game, the choice I made 2 years ago has bitten me, just have to put my big boy pants on and suck it up.
Home Ticket Priority on 17:31 - May 7 with 2119 viewsiamipswich

Home Ticket Priority on 17:01 - May 7 by RonFearonsHair

Allowing new members the option of jumping up to priority level 1 for a limited number of category B/C matches during the season seems entirely reasonable to keep as many people engaged with the club as possible.

Yes I think fixture grading will be far more important for the upcoming season and should be utilised to give benefits to certain categories of supporter.

Poll: Who will return first?

Home Ticket Priority on 17:36 - May 7 with 2094 viewstextbackup

I say this as a ST holder, we don’t need any additional priority on home tickets. We have ours safe and secure.

Be interesting to see how many turn up if we draw Northampton at home in the league cup, I mean, you’d expect any ITFC game would pull in the crowds, wouldn’t you.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Home Ticket Priority on 17:41 - May 7 with 2057 viewsDennyx4

Home Ticket Priority on 17:36 - May 7 by textbackup

I say this as a ST holder, we don’t need any additional priority on home tickets. We have ours safe and secure.

Be interesting to see how many turn up if we draw Northampton at home in the league cup, I mean, you’d expect any ITFC game would pull in the crowds, wouldn’t you.

Agree, fans should want to see whatever team we are playing.

Interestingly though the cup games were excluded from the priority system the club put in place for the Huddersfield game, guessing due to the reduced price of the tickets for these games.
Home Ticket Priority on 18:03 - May 7 with 1958 viewsGinja

I just hope those of us that come in for a few games a season from abroad can still make it happen.

It used to be easy; buy flights and book time off work way in advance and you knew tickets would always be available when they went on sale.

Not for a second do I feel we deserve any priority but would be great to know whether we've secured tickets or not with more advance notice than is currently in place.
Home Ticket Priority on 18:03 - May 7 with 1956 viewsGreenEye

I hope there is some science behind it and the queueing system improves. I live 120 miles away, attended every home game and managed to get tickets for 11 away matches. It would be nice to see that recognised.
Also sorting out the "prove you're not a robot stuff" would be handy as it is pretty difficult from a mobile phone.
Home Ticket Priority on 18:31 - May 7 with 1828 viewstractordownsouth

Home Ticket Priority on 15:37 - May 7 by iamipswich

Perhaps something similar to the Huddersfield game?

While that would certainly suit me, I can then see how that would still work to exclude people who couldn't get to games this season and then it's the same people getting tickets each time.

Like you, having been to 14 home games this year, I would like to have some priority over those who have been to fewer but understand it shouldn't be as simple as that.

Glad it's not my job to work out a system that's meant to keep everyone happy! (no such system exists)

Yeah I'm a bit worried about what will happen. Living where I live, I only visit Portman Road once a season but typically do between 5-7 away games and I'm on 19 points. I'd like to think I won't be excluded from the system but inevitably someone has to miss out.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Home Ticket Priority on 08:15 - May 8 with 1394 viewsSawtrich

This is going to be difficult to work out for the club. Many people have to work weekends or have family/caring issues which means a season ticket is out of the question but they have been regular attenders when they are free. Personally I've been going to whatever game there is when I haven't been working, whether that is League One or Championship or whatever. I am now facing a more expensive membership (I guess) and the prospect of fewer games as getting hold of tickets will be harder.
Home Ticket Priority on 09:16 - May 8 with 1308 viewsitfcbam

Would not be against the ballot system we had last time in prem
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024