Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away grounds next season 18:43 - May 7 with 3115 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What will be the games easiest to get tickets for?

This season was the hardest I can remember for sorting tickets and most of the games i did was in other peoples name. Which obviously means next year will be harder.

Obviously midweek and less high profile games will be easier to get tickets for in my own membership number but I’d also imagine games like Wolves would be doable. 3,000 away end I think and it’s far enough that it should be a game anyone that wants to go, can.

Just want to try and build my numbers up in my name. No point doing 10+ away games again in other peoples name because I’ll have the same problem again the season after.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Away grounds next season on 18:46 - May 7 with 3078 viewstractordownsouth

Probably ones with reasonably big grounds that we've done recently and aren't in London.

Newcastle, Villa and maybe Leicester.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Away grounds next season on 18:51 - May 7 with 3014 viewsbluelagos

7 away days in London will clearly sell out quickly.

Midlands games (Villa/Forest/Leicester/Wolves/WBA) and Brighton/B'mouth should all be in high demand as doable in a few hours.

Sames with the big/iconic clubs like Man U / L'pool.

Would imagine any midweek/Friday/Monday matches oop north are going to be your best bet - how many there are - who knows.

Guess your ideal fixture is Everton away on a Tuesday in February.
[Post edited 8 May 8:32]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Away grounds next season on 18:52 - May 7 with 3001 viewsbrogansnose

Looking at Football Away ground guide, the allocations aren't that great averaging around the 3,000 mark.
Away grounds next season on 18:57 - May 7 with 2932 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Away grounds next season on 18:51 - May 7 by bluelagos

Midlands games (Villa/Forest/Leicester/Wolves/WBA) and Brighton/B'mouth should all be in high demand as doable in a few hours.

Would imagine any midweek/Friday/Monday matches oop north are going to be your best bet - how many there are - who knows.

Yeah it’s pretty disastrous really.

Obviously buzzing were promoted but it’s typical it comes in the only 2 year spell where my away games weren’t in my name and now I’ll miss out on all the big games. It’s fair of course but still sucks

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Away grounds next season on 19:03 - May 7 with 2884 viewsJakeITFC

I think if you're on the ball early in the season you'll be ok - only really a few games this year that sold out at 20/25+ and they were 2,000ish allocations. If you can get to the first few games (probably including early League Cup if any aways there) to get yourself up a ticket level then you'll probably have a fair crack.

I think there is probably a chance that they change the rules slightly this year to stop it becoming a closed shop, though. Random ballot for 20-30% of tickets maybe.
Away grounds next season on 04:57 - May 8 with 2203 viewsBluespeed225

Spurs/Mancs must be big allocations? Whats west hams in that stadium?
Away grounds next season on 07:29 - May 8 with 1979 viewsGlasgowBlue

Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United, Manchester City a nd possibly Leeds will be the most northern games. They’re the ones that are in driving distance for me. Shame Burnley are going down.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Away grounds next season on 07:52 - May 8 with 1892 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Speaking as a ST holder but non member, I’m not expecting to be able to get tickets for any away game next season, unless Sky gives us some ridiculous start time for a long distance trip and even then I’m not confident.

Presumably existing members will get some form of priority in terms of points over new ones? It seems fair enough that they should but it wouldn’t be much encouragement for anyone thinking of signing up for the first time

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

Away grounds next season on 07:56 - May 8 with 1861 viewsBuhrer

Away grounds next season on 07:52 - May 8 by southnorfolkblue

Speaking as a ST holder but non member, I’m not expecting to be able to get tickets for any away game next season, unless Sky gives us some ridiculous start time for a long distance trip and even then I’m not confident.

Presumably existing members will get some form of priority in terms of points over new ones? It seems fair enough that they should but it wouldn’t be much encouragement for anyone thinking of signing up for the first time

Speaking as a ST holder and non-member, I was able to get away tickets this season, so don't rule it out still being possible at times. As you say, it may be taking the more difficult fixtures to get a ticket.
Away grounds next season on 08:08 - May 8 with 1800 viewstextbackup

Also, depending on how much you want to be there, we won’t likely been seen as an attractive fixture for many big teams. So chances of buying tickets in home ends via many ticket resale sites

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Away grounds next season on 08:10 - May 8 with 1785 viewsnodge_blue

I remember getting tickets for our first away game last time we got to the premiership. Away at Spurs. Think we scored the first goal of the new season, before losing. I don’t recall it being that hard to get those tickets, but these days it’s going to be very hard I think.

I’m not a fan of the current system. I can’t really do that many away games so can’t get the points. But I always like to do one or two a season. I wish the club could evolve it a bit to be that you always get a chance of a ticket over the course of the season.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Away grounds next season on 08:12 - May 8 with 1743 viewsUSA

It’s ironic that you describe the issue many people face, caused by people just like you. Using other people’s tickets.

Another classic example of why the priority system doesn’t work fairly. The tickets you used should’ve been returned and sold to those that want to attend. Enabling people to obtain their own points.
Away grounds next season on 08:12 - May 8 with 1725 viewsitfcjoe

Hardest ones will be those we've not played at before

West Ham
Spurs
Brentford
Man City

Then the other big clubs
Man U
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea

Outside of that I think it will come down mostly to scheduling and when games are taking place, but everything will sell out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Away grounds next season on 08:16 - May 8 with 1704 viewstextbackup

Away grounds next season on 08:10 - May 8 by nodge_blue

I remember getting tickets for our first away game last time we got to the premiership. Away at Spurs. Think we scored the first goal of the new season, before losing. I don’t recall it being that hard to get those tickets, but these days it’s going to be very hard I think.

I’m not a fan of the current system. I can’t really do that many away games so can’t get the points. But I always like to do one or two a season. I wish the club could evolve it a bit to be that you always get a chance of a ticket over the course of the season.

On the flip side you have to reward those that do go all the time.

It’s a tough one, I know.

Chances are though if you get a membership and are willing to go to an unfashionable game (away league cup for example) you’ll get one for a decent game

Away grounds next season on 08:25 - May 8 with 1611 viewsnodge_blue

Away grounds next season on 08:16 - May 8 by textbackup

On the flip side you have to reward those that do go all the time.

It’s a tough one, I know.

Chances are though if you get a membership and are willing to go to an unfashionable game (away league cup for example) you’ll get one for a decent game

Yeah but it’s been my dream to go to Anfield as a Town fan. I should have done it years ago when I had the chance then.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Away grounds next season on 08:29 - May 8 with 1564 viewsbluelagos

Away grounds next season on 08:25 - May 8 by nodge_blue

Yeah but it’s been my dream to go to Anfield as a Town fan. I should have done it years ago when I had the chance then.

So early in 95 I missed Anfield - we were sh1t and I couldn't face a battering. We unexpectedly won and so full of confidence I made sure to get a ticket for Old Trafford instead a couple of months later.

Away grounds next season on 08:41 - May 8 with 1513 viewstextbackup

Away grounds next season on 08:25 - May 8 by nodge_blue

When I went in 2000/01 there seemed to be more town fans interested in listening to YNWA instead of making our own atmosphere.

Hopefully that won’t be the case this time round

Away grounds next season on 08:53 - May 8 with 1458 viewsdirtyboy

Away grounds next season on 08:10 - May 8 by nodge_blue

Venus, 6th or 9th minute IIRC.

Yeah, I got tickets relatively easily for that one...but was in with the home supporters lol!
Away grounds next season on 09:02 - May 8 with 1410 viewsRadlett_blue

How likely is it to be able to get tickets for the London games in the home supporters, if you have an address which is nearer London than Ipswich? Does Fulham still have a "neutral zone"?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Away grounds next season on 11:47 - May 8 with 1219 viewsbluelagos

Away grounds next season on 09:02 - May 8 by Radlett_blue

How likely is it to be able to get tickets for the London games in the home supporters, if you have an address which is nearer London than Ipswich? Does Fulham still have a "neutral zone"?

Not last season, though they were rebuilding. Whether it gets reinstated, who knows.

Fulham could be a good shout though, especially for anyone who joins up whatever scheme they have.

Away grounds next season on 16:44 - May 8 with 989 viewswithyblue

I dont think it will be quite as hard as people think, even if you've only built up a limited number of points this season. Norwich, for which only around 1500 tickets went on sale, made it to 25+, and Hull and Coventry, two absolutely huge games) both made it to 15+ (I think), and that is with 2 years of points in the bank. Remember that lots of those with the highest number of pts will see around half of them wiped before the start of the season. 3,000 is a big allocation really.
Away grounds next season on 20:25 - May 8 with 773 viewsLeaky

Away grounds next season on 18:57 - May 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Yeah it’s pretty disastrous really.

Obviously buzzing were promoted but it’s typical it comes in the only 2 year spell where my away games weren’t in my name and now I’ll miss out on all the big games. It’s fair of course but still sucks

Well Bournemouth will be small only holds 10k
Away grounds next season on 20:34 - May 8 with 730 viewsFreddies_Ears

Away grounds next season on 20:25 - May 8 by Leaky

Well Bournemouth will be small only holds 10k

Bournemouth is only just over 1000. Luton too, though they're likely going down. Membership at most clubs should give a good chance of a home ticket as, frankly, we won't be the biggest draw!!! Many clubs have resale schemes for home fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024