Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer 08:11 - May 8 with 4170 viewsitfcjoe

(assuming Southampton don't go up)

Defenders
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Jacob Greaves

Midfielders
Flynn Downes
Ben Sheaf

Attackers
Jack Clarke
Adam Armstrong
Liam Delap

Tried mainly looking at players who have played in more complex footballing systems like we have and excelled in them.

With the caveat that I can't imagine we'd be able to afford anyone Leeds have as they are prob still paying more than we will

Can't see any Norwich players joining us, not sure WBA have any who have really stood out bar the keeper and maybe the big Turkish CM

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:13 - May 8 with 2852 viewstextbackup

Not fancy Walker-peters?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:14 - May 8 with 2843 viewsHerbivore

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:13 - May 8 by textbackup

Not fancy Walker-peters?

Think he's out of our league, he'll end up at a more established Prem club I suspect.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:15 - May 8 with 2836 viewsitfcjoe

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:13 - May 8 by textbackup

Not fancy Walker-peters?

I really rate him, but think the way he plays isn't really what we want to do with a right back who we seem to see more as a FB/CB opposed to a FB/CM like he plays.

In big club terms more of a Ben White than a Trent Alexander-Arnold!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:19 - May 8 with 2787 viewstextbackup

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:15 - May 8 by itfcjoe

I really rate him, but think the way he plays isn't really what we want to do with a right back who we seem to see more as a FB/CB opposed to a FB/CM like he plays.

In big club terms more of a Ben White than a Trent Alexander-Arnold!

Fair enough, must say I’ve not studied his game too much, just know he’s highly rated.

Che Adams out of contract too, big strong powerful lad, could lead the line nicely…

Not a champ player - but I loved that Hamer at Sheff United, he’d be one I’d love to see here
[Post edited 8 May 8:24]

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:19 - May 8 with 2775 viewsHerbivore

Of those I think Harwood-Bellis and Clarke might get moves to more established Prem sides. Can see Delap being an option, similar type to Hirst so offers genuine competition up top. Greaves potentially, depending on how much Hull want for him. Downes and Sheaf I'd be keen on. Armstrong is excellent at Champ level but could he lead the line for us in the Prem? I'm not convinced.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:21 - May 8 with 2742 viewsWacko

I think Ethan Laird might be on our list. Strong character, knows Kieran, only 22

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:24 - May 8 with 2661 viewschicoazul

Back in for Stansfield? Decent season and a good pedigree.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:29 - May 8 with 2602 viewstextbackup

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:24 - May 8 by chicoazul

Back in for Stansfield? Decent season and a good pedigree.

Na, we need prem experience up top

Login to get fewer ads

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:35 - May 8 with 2545 viewsRobTheMonk

Do you reckon we'll see any 'exotic' signings from abroad?
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:38 - May 8 with 2506 viewscressi

Harewood-Bellis , Che Adams are names that would cost a bit but don't over impress me as for Whittaker, obviously talented but my concern is lack of work rate Hutchinson all day if possible. Qpr got a decent centre half in Clarke-Salter and Greaves at Hull , Think Downes and Sheaf are reasonable shouts regards strikers not sure anybody in the championship are ready possibly Delap under McKenna young and can improve maybe a foreign player we don't no.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:41 - May 8 with 2472 viewsgordon

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:19 - May 8 by Herbivore

Of those I think Harwood-Bellis and Clarke might get moves to more established Prem sides. Can see Delap being an option, similar type to Hirst so offers genuine competition up top. Greaves potentially, depending on how much Hull want for him. Downes and Sheaf I'd be keen on. Armstrong is excellent at Champ level but could he lead the line for us in the Prem? I'm not convinced.

Think we'll be an attractive option given McKenna's reputation - no idea how much cash we'll have to spend but if we managed to get Jack Clarke and keep Omari we'd be really dangerous going forward - to me Clarke has the look of a player who could perform at a much higher level.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:42 - May 8 with 2458 viewsdezb

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:19 - May 8 by Herbivore

Agree on Armstrong. In 2 seasons in the prem after an incredible season with Blackburn at championship level he managed 4 prem goals in over 50 games.

Seems to me to be one of those players where his level is destined to be stuck between championship and premiership

The caveat to all of this of course is if mckenna wants him then I'll be convinced
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:49 - May 8 with 2380 viewsYallop2

Clarke, Stansfield, Armstrong, Omari, Sarmiento, Downes and a center back
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:50 - May 8 with 2352 viewsgordon

Ben Davies is a cultured left-sided centre back, a good few years left in him at 31, likely to leave Spurs this summer. Also Armando Broja might be of interest, definitely going to leave Chelsea.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:51 - May 8 with 2347 viewsBloomBlue

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:19 - May 8 by textbackup

Fair enough, must say I’ve not studied his game too much, just know he’s highly rated.

Che Adams out of contract too, big strong powerful lad, could lead the line nicely…

Not a champ player - but I loved that Hamer at Sheff United, he’d be one I’d love to see here
[Post edited 8 May 8:24]

Hamer has had a good season in a poor Sheff U team, would be a good one to get.

Although I'm assuming Sheff are going to want a lot more than they paid for him as he's still on a longish contract
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:55 - May 8 with 2306 viewsle2blue

Agree with those. I wonder if we will go for Charlie Hughes at Wigan as a project signing, maybe to loan out to a champ club, one we’ve spent a lot of time scouting over the last 2 years. Guess it depends on what they want to do with Baggott but Hughes is a perfect t fit for the McKenna approach.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:58 - May 8 with 2283 viewstractorboy1978

Clarke, Delap, Downes, Sheaf, Harwood-Bellis are all names I had considered.

Another couple of players I really like are Philogene (will Hull need to sell?) and Callum Doyle.

Below the Championship you've got Ronnie Edwards and Charlie Hughes who could both be investment opportunities to buy and loan to the Championship for a season.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:58 - May 8 with 2275 viewsipswichtillidie

I would like to see us mainly recruit from the championship. I’m sure we will also dip our toes in the International market this window as well. Would imagine the odd premiership player on the fringes of the big boys as well may be a market we look at. I made a list and I’ve seen a few about, but what Is clear is the talent outside the top flight is there in abundance. Exciting times. For reference my top three from the championship where we need players the most would be Walker Peters, Downes (think he’ll come back) Latte Lath. Not to sure on keepers but think we will shop big here too.

Gav

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:01 - May 8 with 2237 viewshype313

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:58 - May 8 by tractorboy1978

Clarke, Delap, Downes, Sheaf, Harwood-Bellis are all names I had considered.

Another couple of players I really like are Philogene (will Hull need to sell?) and Callum Doyle.

Below the Championship you've got Ronnie Edwards and Charlie Hughes who could both be investment opportunities to buy and loan to the Championship for a season.

Philogene is on loan from Villa

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:02 - May 8 with 2221 viewsnrb1985

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:50 - May 8 by gordon

Ben Davies is a cultured left-sided centre back, a good few years left in him at 31, likely to leave Spurs this summer. Also Armando Broja might be of interest, definitely going to leave Chelsea.

Broja signed a new deal last summer and is on around £100k a week so suspect that puts him out of our league.

A loan may have been possible but I think Chelsea will sell as they need the cash.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:02 - May 8 with 2222 viewstractorboy1978

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:01 - May 8 by hype313

Philogene is on loan from Villa

He isn't. They signed him permanently.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:05 - May 8 with 2194 viewsnodge_blue

Not fancy Walker-peters?

Clarke would be good.

And Downes. Great story that if we could.

Do we think we will make an offer for Moore? slightly off topic I know as he's at a premiership club.

can see arguments for and against. It would be the loyal thing to do after his contribution, but I think his touch and hold up play was average at championship level. I wouldn't object to seeing him get a deal here but I think we need better.
[Post edited 8 May 9:06]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:09 - May 8 with 2128 viewsipswichtillidie

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:02 - May 8 by tractorboy1978

And we wanted him too but priced out by Hull.

Gav

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:11 - May 8 with 2092 viewshype313

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:02 - May 8 by tractorboy1978

Apologies, I thought he was on loan, be interesting to see how much they paid for him

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:12 - May 8 with 2061 viewsipswichtillidie

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:11 - May 8 by hype313

Apologies, I thought he was on loan, be interesting to see how much they paid for him

5m I believe

Gav

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024