Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15 essential stadium upgrades/updates 10:59 - May 8 with 6283 viewsHipsterectomy

In Ashton’s interview with Stuart Watson he said the club was audited by the Premier League and Portman Road was found to need 15 essential upgrades/updates before it can host Premier League games. Any ideas what they could be? Health and Safety stuff? More room for cameras and press?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 12:19 - May 8 with 1640 viewsCheltenham_Blue

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 11:08 - May 8 by Radlett_blue

Undersoil heating.
Better floodlights.
Better TV gantry.
Bigger dugouts.
Bigger media facilities (for TV & radio commentators, press room etc).
VAR (ugh!).

Got
Need
Need
Got
Need
Need

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 12:21 - May 8 with 1643 viewsSitfcB

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 12:03 - May 8 by SheffordBlue

The Planning Applications for some of this stuff are going to have to go in soon. Likely to be an 8 week turnaround for the applications to be approved doesn't leave long to get some of it done.

You’d think they were all ready to press send on at FT on Saturday?!

Chances of us having an away game first very high.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 12:26 - May 8 with 1614 viewsBasingstokeBlue

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 12:01 - May 8 by SitfcB

We’ve got one and the other is going above the security hut apparently.

Does the existing one have the required window? I was under the impression it was under the SAR.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 12:43 - May 8 with 1542 viewsBluePG

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 11:39 - May 8 by SheffordBlue

The Premier League stadium requirements are all listed here from page 163 onwards for anyone who wants to dig into the details:

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/03/04/0910e1b3-f

I read some of that yesterday. Quite a weighty tome! Doesn’t it say that we need 15 places for overseas commentary teams?

Poll: Best Dane?

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 13:03 - May 8 with 1464 viewsSitfcB

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 12:26 - May 8 by BasingstokeBlue

Does the existing one have the required window? I was under the impression it was under the SAR.

Yes it has a window, it’s the one Sky have used a couple of times the last few months, it’s been there ages and has been used for players families for years, the box right at the tunnel end in Magnus Stand.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 13:28 - May 8 with 1400 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 13:03 - May 8 by SitfcB

Yes it has a window, it’s the one Sky have used a couple of times the last few months, it’s been there ages and has been used for players families for years, the box right at the tunnel end in Magnus Stand.

Was built for Sky when we were promoted in 1992...
15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 17:54 - May 8 with 1223 viewshoppy

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 11:37 - May 8 by SheffordBlue

There's a certain Lumen level that they need to be for VAR/TV purposes.

Otherwise they might get a lot of VAR decisions wrong?

Oh.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 18:42 - May 8 with 1160 viewsbackwaywhen

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 11:19 - May 8 by SheffordBlue

The dugouts were made to Premier League standard when they were upgraded in the summer of 2022.

How did Nodge get passed fit on dugouts , theirs are horrendous , small and cramped virtually players sitting on each others laps lol.
Login to get fewer ads

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 20:53 - May 8 with 1070 viewsstonojnr

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 18:42 - May 8 by backwaywhen

How did Nodge get passed fit on dugouts , theirs are horrendous , small and cramped virtually players sitting on each others laps lol.

tbf one of the few things it doesnt really stipulate a min size for except for numbers of seats, so you can squeeze them in.

some of the rest are insanse though, those broadcasting ones especially, 15 radio positions (are there that many radio stations !?) 9 UK tv commentary positions, 15 international tv commentators, 5 with monitors, 5 technical staff, 25 "observers" seats (ie freebies for tv companies), 20 photographers, 50 more press seats and league data collectors. a media centre effectively, conference room, 4 rapid EV charging points for broadcasters use, multiple hardwired presentation points, camera points, stipulations on the club to present players for minimum numbers of interviews & content creation.

and this is for every club in the Premier league !?!?

its like theyve invented a little cottage industry to surround it isnt it, just for 90minutes of football.
15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 21:02 - May 8 with 1049 viewsArnieM

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 11:01 - May 8 by StokieBlue

In the interview he said one was the floodlights and sounded like the majority of the rest was media related things.

There will also be some work to change the away fans allocation.

He also said it would cost up to a couple of million.

SB

A dedicated room for drug testing as players come off the pitch , so they go straight to test from the pitch…I think is one of the changes required.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 21:11 - May 8 with 1012 viewsSwansea_Blue

A set of these for Jack Grealish?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 22:21 - May 8 with 936 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The Premier League stadium requirements are all listed here from page 163 onwards for anyone who wants to dig into the details:

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/03/04/0910e1b3-f

Those asking what we'll need to do to the ground by Cheltenham_Blue 6 May 9:57
Most of the answers are here. Pages 166-209 gives the bulk of it.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/03/04/0910e1b3-f94a-41a5-9818-6e1b5c961a9a/PL_Handbook_2023-24_DIGITAL_26.02.24-v3.pdf

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 22:40 - May 8 with 902 viewsMatt_Netherlands

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 12:03 - May 8 by SitfcB

That is one thing I’ve noticed when I was PL games on TV, stewards come on to the pitch at HT and FT and stand in certain positions, plus when subs are made stewards down the front all have to stand.

The most frequent time I spot security at games is when their high vis jackets run stadiums’ fancy two tier electronic advertising hoardings.
15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 22:43 - May 8 with 893 viewsbournemouthblue

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 11:47 - May 8 by BasingstokeBlue

Two TV studios, each of which "have a window which is at least 4.5 metres wide by 1.5 metres high and which gives a full and clear view of the majority of the pitch and the crowd". Where will we build them? Sacrifice a couple of West Stand boxes?

Aren't we installing more boxes, I assume that isn't being completed all over the summer though?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 08:01 - May 9 with 739 viewsCheltenham_Blue

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 20:53 - May 8 by stonojnr

tbf one of the few things it doesnt really stipulate a min size for except for numbers of seats, so you can squeeze them in.

some of the rest are insanse though, those broadcasting ones especially, 15 radio positions (are there that many radio stations !?) 9 UK tv commentary positions, 15 international tv commentators, 5 with monitors, 5 technical staff, 25 "observers" seats (ie freebies for tv companies), 20 photographers, 50 more press seats and league data collectors. a media centre effectively, conference room, 4 rapid EV charging points for broadcasters use, multiple hardwired presentation points, camera points, stipulations on the club to present players for minimum numbers of interviews & content creation.

its like theyve invented a little cottage industry to surround it isnt it, just for 90minutes of football.

Cottage industry?!

I made my living from that for the best part of 20 years. And the club will make a minimum of £105m next season on the back of those "insanse"[sic] requirements.

Hardly a 'cottage industry', none of those 20 photographers were weaving baskets.

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 08:12 - May 9 with 709 viewsPioneerBlue

There was already a plan in place to extend/finish exec boxes to the north stand end of pioneer. Assume that continues, may or may not be to help media space otherwise only for additional corporate use

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 08:18 - May 9 with 684 viewsCheltenham_Blue

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 08:12 - May 9 by PioneerBlue

There was already a plan in place to extend/finish exec boxes to the north stand end of pioneer. Assume that continues, may or may not be to help media space otherwise only for additional corporate use

I *think* they've already been doing the internal works, assume it is now just furnishings and window glass to put in place.

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 08:28 - May 9 with 665 viewshoppy

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 08:18 - May 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

I *think* they've already been doing the internal works, assume it is now just furnishings and window glass to put in place.

No… it’s still just a void, there’s not even a floor in them, as you look up underneath the stand from the bar/refreshment area below.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 08:28 - May 9 with 667 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 11:30 - May 8 by burnbudgiesburn

Wonder if that will include new camera positions.

Currently, whenever someone stands up in the Pioneer or holds their hands up it's caught on the main camera view of the pitch.

TV camera positioning
So the product is same in each ground!

Apparently you can ask press cameraman/woman to move to a lower position if they are in your view of the pitch
But
Sky cameramen can’t be moved!

1 upgrade will be the camera in the sky on wires!
15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 09:06 - May 9 with 609 viewsN2_Blue

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 20:53 - May 8 by stonojnr

Well its not really unreasonable when you look at the vast sums that are paid for broadcasting rights!!!

If media on going to pay that much for a product (the Premier league) they are going to expect abaosluetely everything they need is provided at each and every ground.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 09:11 - May 9 with 587 viewsMeadowlark

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 12:03 - May 8 by SitfcB

That is one thing I’ve noticed when I was PL games on TV, stewards come on to the pitch at HT and FT and stand in certain positions, plus when subs are made stewards down the front all have to stand.

That line of stewards that just sit along the front staring at the crowd. What a job! What an utter waste of money!
15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 09:11 - May 9 with 587 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

I've just flicked through these requirements.

Unbelievable how much things have changed in the last 22 years. Can see why Luton had to rebuild a whole stand. The logistics of implementing some of this within our iconic but dated stadium is going to be a challenge.
15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 09:34 - May 9 with 541 viewsCheltenham_Blue

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 09:11 - May 9 by Meadowlark

That line of stewards that just sit along the front staring at the crowd. What a job! What an utter waste of money!

Please don't call them stewards. They are minimum wage, fluorescent jacketed ushers. Most of them couldn't stop a pitch invader if it was a toddler.

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 09:35 - May 9 with 541 viewsPhilTWTD

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 08:28 - May 9 by hoppy

No… it’s still just a void, there’s not even a floor in them, as you look up underneath the stand from the bar/refreshment area below.

Planning permission was sorted and I think someone said that was work which is set to start imminently.
15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 09:57 - May 9 with 490 viewsBluespeed225

15 essential stadium upgrades/updates on 11:30 - May 8 by burnbudgiesburn

Wonder if that will include new camera positions.

Currently, whenever someone stands up in the Pioneer or holds their hands up it's caught on the main camera view of the pitch.

I like that though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024