Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. 08:57 - May 10 with 2377 viewsbaxterbasics

Which members of the current team do you expect to be in the starting 11 come first game?

I am not considering either Hutch or Sarmiento members of the current team.

Assumes we stick with he same formation

(New Keeper)

Leif
Burgess
Axel
(New RB)

Morsy
(New DCM)

(New ATM)
(New ATM/10)
Burns

Hirst

Bench:
Either Walton or Hladky
Clarke
Woolf
Luongo
Broadhead
Chaplin
Taylor
+2 Newbies

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:32 - May 10 with 1923 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wouldn't rule Chaplin or Broadhead out so quickly.

I darent say it, but I have a slight concern about Morsy. He'll be making his Prem debut on the eve of his 33rd birthday, having played all his career primarily in the Championship and League 1. He's arguably my fave player, so I hope he can make the step up, but maybe we need someone to take the weight off his shoulders.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:39 - May 10 with 1887 viewsjayessess

Seems to be a consensus emerging that over the summer Woolfenden is going to fall behind Tuanzebe for the centre back position. Given that Woolfie started 40/46 games there and Axel just 4/46 that seems unlikely to me.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:39 - May 10 with 1882 viewsMattinLondon

At the moment answering that question is almost impossible. Obviously most fans want to stay loyal to the regulars from last season who continually put in 8/10 performances. But it’s not that straightforward.

If the club is offered a player like Morsy but younger, a lot better and who has a personality well suited to the team, then we’ll probably go in for him. The same with other players.
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:46 - May 10 with 1845 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:39 - May 10 by jayessess

Seems to be a consensus emerging that over the summer Woolfenden is going to fall behind Tuanzebe for the centre back position. Given that Woolfie started 40/46 games there and Axel just 4/46 that seems unlikely to me.

I wonder if that's based on Tuanzebe having c.30 top flight games behind him.

I'd like to see Woolfie step up and be a regular.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:47 - May 10 with 1842 viewsCotty

Axel before Wolf? Not for me. Wolf so important to how we play.
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:49 - May 10 with 1811 viewsGuthrum

Given how good he is and how integral to the way(s) we play, I would expect Hladky to still be our first-choice 'keeper. Would take a lot of money to acquire someone better and time to train in our methods and build good understanding with the outfield team.
[Post edited 10 May 9:49]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:53 - May 10 with 1780 viewsbaxterbasics

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:46 - May 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wonder if that's based on Tuanzebe having c.30 top flight games behind him.

I'd like to see Woolfie step up and be a regular.

Also the fact that, correct me if I am wrong but central is Axels natural position, and he was being put on the right this season out of necessity, no?

I would say it would be fine margins between him, Woolf and Burgess for the central pair, could be rotation situation, all three would get plenty of game time if we do not sign a new starting CD - which we may well do, defence is the most urgent priority for improvement if we are to survive. But RB and a backup LB might be first on the list.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:11 - May 10 with 1712 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I love Hirst, he’s a great player with a high ceiling, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us sign first choice striker. He is probably someone who can make the step up but may need time to adapt. I just cannot see us going into our first PL season in 22 years with a 1.5m striker leading the line.
Login to get fewer ads

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:17 - May 10 with 1694 viewsJ2BLUE

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:11 - May 10 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I love Hirst, he’s a great player with a high ceiling, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us sign first choice striker. He is probably someone who can make the step up but may need time to adapt. I just cannot see us going into our first PL season in 22 years with a 1.5m striker leading the line.

Would you sell him for £1.5m?

Would you sell him for £5m?

His price tag has zero relevance on how good he is now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:24 - May 10 with 1651 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:17 - May 10 by J2BLUE

Would you sell him for £1.5m?

Would you sell him for £5m?

His price tag has zero relevance on how good he is now.

I may be wide of the mark but these owners are seriously ambitious, the step up is going to be huge - much bigger than from League One to Championship. Goals will be much harder to come by, I think we’ll look to sign a striker who’s played in the top flight (even if it’s a youngish player on loan).

FWIW, I appreciate the contribution Moore made this season, but I wouldn’t take him back in the PL.
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:25 - May 10 with 1642 viewsEddyJ

Starting 11 for the first game is always a bit strange.

Often new signings are on the bench, even if they are expected to be first teamers in the future.

The better question would be "which of our current players do we expect to be regular starters by the end of the year?"

I would expect this to be Leif, Burgess, Morsy, Burns and Hirst. Chaplin, Broadhead, Woolfenden, Clarke, Tuanzebe and Luongo to be regular contributors.
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:42 - May 10 with 1528 viewsVaughan8

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:24 - May 10 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I may be wide of the mark but these owners are seriously ambitious, the step up is going to be huge - much bigger than from League One to Championship. Goals will be much harder to come by, I think we’ll look to sign a striker who’s played in the top flight (even if it’s a youngish player on loan).

FWIW, I appreciate the contribution Moore made this season, but I wouldn’t take him back in the PL.

You're right. I think the step up is a lot more and so unfortunately we need a substantial amount of upgrades/new players.

I read someone said even luton, who I thought hadn't bought loads, still got 13 new players in!

Regarding Moore, I think if we could get him on a good deal, then I would take him. Not a prolific goalscorer, but now with lots of subs and 5 subs allowed, i'd definitely think he could come on and help us defend set pieces etc. if we were winning, as well as still being an attacking threat, holding up the ball etc.
Whether he would come and play that role, i'm not sure.

I think as much as I like both, we might need someone better than Moore and Hirst.....
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:45 - May 10 with 1495 viewsVaughan8

I think i'm in the minority, but I don't think Tuanzebe is any better than what we had? I appreciate he was playing right back and he did OK, and he has premier league experience (but not much recently).

Is he definitely here next season? I though he was on a 12 month contract?
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:55 - May 10 with 1433 viewslowhouseblue

i genuinely don't understand the way woolfenden gets dismissed on here. for me he is one that i have fewest doubts about stepping up to the next level. i see tuanzebe, despite his premier league experience, as being far more the squad player. in fact, that tuanzebe is our premier league tested player gives me confidence that lots of others will be ok at that level.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 11:03 - May 10 with 1368 viewsAlexMathie

I’d prefer to have almost the same XI given a chance to prove themselves in the PL, with new signings needing to prove themselves from the bench and earn their place in the side.

www.turfgame.com

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 11:09 - May 10 with 1321 viewsjayessess

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 10:45 - May 10 by Vaughan8

I think i'm in the minority, but I don't think Tuanzebe is any better than what we had? I appreciate he was playing right back and he did OK, and he has premier league experience (but not much recently).

Is he definitely here next season? I though he was on a 12 month contract?

12 months, with an option for a further 12 months.

I think Tuanzebe's been a good project for the club. We committed to rehabbing him whilst not exposing ourselves much financially if it didn't work out. He's got back up to match speed, shown some excellent qualities and is a valuable asset again. We've done really well out of it and I'm sure we'll have plenty of use for him next season.

But there does seem to be this idea that he's behind Woolfie out of inertia, fitness, integration or something like that, but he's been fit to play since October and I don't think any of those ideas can hold any water at this point. If his underlying ability was going to push him past Woolfie it would have already done so.
[Post edited 10 May 11:11]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 11:11 - May 10 with 1313 viewsElderGrizzly

Hladky and Chaplin will be starting in my opinion. Both integral to how we play and the understanding within the team.

Unless Davis is sold, our back 4 would remain unchanged I think, at least for the first game. Clarke is probably most at risk, but assume he would be happy as a squad player.

A more athletic CM alongside Morsy is a given I think, as much as Mass is brilliant I think it will be too much for him to be a regular.
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 11:19 - May 10 with 1278 views_clive_baker_

Davis. Burns. Morsy. Hirst. Those 4 are nailed on IMO. I would think Broadhead and Chaplin will get plenty of minutes too. Omari obviously if it's a deal we could do.

One of Woolf and Burgess will likely at least start the season. Perhaps a new central defender alongside one of them.

New right back is an absolute priority. I think Clarke is fine as cover, but he's some way off being starting there in the Premier League IMO. Axel covers both there and centrally. Woolf / Burgess too depending on which one drops out.
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 11:59 - May 10 with 1151 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I think it would be this.

New GK
Tuanzebe Woolf New Cb Leif
Morsy New CM
Burns Chaplin New LW
Hirst

Probably harsh on Burgess.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 12:05 - May 10 with 1117 viewsnodge_blue

I think Chaplin will start but there will be a strong option for his place. So he will he get his chance which he is due.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 12:08 - May 10 with 1097 viewsElderGrizzly

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 11:59 - May 10 by JammyDodgerrr

I think it would be this.

New GK
Tuanzebe Woolf New Cb Leif
Morsy New CM
Burns Chaplin New LW
Hirst

Probably harsh on Burgess.

Very harsh on Burgess, as think he will be more than adequate for the PL next season.

He's an upgrade on Delaney and he did alright for Palace for a number of years.
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 12:35 - May 10 with 1026 viewsReus30

I have a strong suspicion that the our starting 11 versus Uddersfield will be similar to our first game back in the top flight (less Hutch). New signings take time to bed in, our current crop are bedded in.

Maybe Taylor might see more games in midfield but I really would not write off Chaplin and Broady at all.
[Post edited 10 May 12:37]
Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 12:43 - May 10 with 972 viewsMJallday

Ashton has already said that whilst there will be additions, it won’t be ripping out the heart of the squad

I’d expect in the region of 3/4 signings to complement what we have

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 12:50 - May 10 with 960 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 09:49 - May 10 by Guthrum

Given how good he is and how integral to the way(s) we play, I would expect Hladky to still be our first-choice 'keeper. Would take a lot of money to acquire someone better and time to train in our methods and build good understanding with the outfield team.
[Post edited 10 May 9:49]

Suspect we'll need to adapt our style of play a bit which may reduce the amount we play out from the back. That will bring Walton back into the equation to start as personally I think he's much better keeper than Vas and that may be more important than their respective ability with the ball at their feet

Poll: Our final position

Nevermind speculation on who we sign.. on 13:14 - May 10 with 896 viewsAce_High1

New GK, RB, CM and ST are what we need and I expect to see some Prem experience across those positions as well as top end Championship players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024