Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty 13:58 - May 10 with 1574 viewskizaitfc

Seen a few people suggesting who we will be offloading but it got me thinking could we find it tough to keep some of our players.

Davis the obvious player, but others could attract some interest.

Personally, I would suspect unless Newcastle or someone higher came in he would stay here. But dont think it would be out of the question for Newcastle to be looking at him, he fits their model very well.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:00 - May 10 with 1546 viewshomer_123

Everyone has their price but if KM see Davis as an integral part (why wouldn't he!) - then the Club won't be looking to get rid and will work to keep the players KM wants (as they have already shown).

Even if a silly offer came in - you've still got to replace him.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:02 - May 10 with 1514 viewsburnbudgiesburn

If we sold him it would have to be for crazy money you feel, rather than we need to sell him for FFP reasons if we stayed down.

So like McKenna, every player has a price and you can't rule it out but the percentage possibility went down dramatically with our promotion.
Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:03 - May 10 with 1507 viewskizaitfc

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:00 - May 10 by homer_123

Everyone has their price but if KM see Davis as an integral part (why wouldn't he!) - then the Club won't be looking to get rid and will work to keep the players KM wants (as they have already shown).

Even if a silly offer came in - you've still got to replace him.....

That's why I think Newcastle could be the only worry, as a fan I suspect that would turn Leif's head and he would possibly push for the move

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:12 - May 10 with 1446 viewsMookamoo

Chelsea get bored of their left backs pretty quickly and we want Hutchinson back.

Just saying.
Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:13 - May 10 with 1425 viewsIllinoisblue

What if Chelsea offered us Omari in a swap deal for Davis? I’d take that deal.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:42 - May 10 with 1279 viewswkj

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:13 - May 10 by Illinoisblue

I wouldn't - Davis does a lot more on that left side that you simply don't see very often. LBs are a pain in the arse to get right, and we happen to channel the bulk of our attacking moves on his side - I think Davis is THE player we build around next season.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:47 - May 10 with 1257 viewsReus30

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:13 - May 10 by Illinoisblue

Really?

No way Jose.

Davis is now a premier league player and potentially an England LB in the making. £50m is now the tag - especially as that was the amount Chelsea paid for Chilwell. Also Newcastle had an option on Lewis Hall for either £28m or £38m and he has played minimal football.

Hutch is nowhere near Chelsea's top 18 players and they are financially screwed. £10m should do the trick and a ton of add-ons.

I don't think we should sell anyone at this point, give this season a real go. We have gaps to fill naturally from expiries and loans etc so plenty of wiggle room. Buy, Buy, Buy!!
Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:51 - May 10 with 1235 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

He's absolutely integral to how we play. I would be shocked if the club even contemplated an offer. He's got the best platform here to carry on developing and most importantly, play games.

The day he does move on, we will really struggle to replace him. Two names that I personally like are Ryan Giles and Harrison Burrows - but It's a small and difficult market for what the left back role requires in our system.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Login to get fewer ads

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:54 - May 10 with 1207 viewsVaughan8

No way, unless we had a ready made replacement.

Davis is so crucial to how we play and create chances.
Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:56 - May 10 with 1176 viewsDanTheMan

He's going to play in the PL either way so that allure is gone. Unless one of the really big boys came in, I don't see why we'd sell.

He's a young, English player in a position that is hard to recruit for whojust has a record breaking season. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility he gets called up into the England squad next year.

If anyone does come in, they'd have to pay a hell of a premium so that we could replace him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:00 - May 10 with 1132 views_clive_baker_

Don't think its in anyone's interests to now. He's better staying put and getting his premier league football with us I would think, he might get a new deal out of it too. We'll be in a better place to sell with some PL minutes under his belt too. If he has another good season he'll be worth serious money.
Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:07 - May 10 with 1065 viewsIpswichRising

If we did ever sell him , does anyone know what sell on Leeds have if any
[Post edited 10 May 15:10]
Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:21 - May 10 with 977 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 14:42 - May 10 by wkj

I wouldn't - Davis does a lot more on that left side that you simply don't see very often. LBs are a pain in the arse to get right, and we happen to channel the bulk of our attacking moves on his side - I think Davis is THE player we build around next season.

"LBs are a pain in the arse to get right"

I don't disagree but Town have a good history of getting that right now. Treacle, Cresswell, Mings, Knudsen, Davis.

Let's not talk about some of the others.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:26 - May 10 with 936 viewsReus30

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:21 - May 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

"LBs are a pain in the arse to get right"

I don't disagree but Town have a good history of getting that right now. Treacle, Cresswell, Mings, Knudsen, Davis.

Let's not talk about some of the others.

Knudsen - really?

I would rather Clapham or even Harding gets into that group before Jonas. Although you do raise a good point, we always have great left backs!

Right back not so much. Looking at you Sito!
Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:30 - May 10 with 906 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:26 - May 10 by Reus30

Knudsen - really?

I would rather Clapham or even Harding gets into that group before Jonas. Although you do raise a good point, we always have great left backs!

Right back not so much. Looking at you Sito!

Knudsen was very good until he went to a World Cup.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:35 - May 10 with 866 viewsStu_boy

If we got a silly offer then we could potentially look at it. Attacking he is fantastic no question, defensivly though he's a bit weaker. If he goes could we look to replace him with cresswell on a free with prem experience and was again strong going forwards?
Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:42 - May 10 with 831 viewsKentish_Tractor

Think he's probably now added an extra £10M onto his asking price with promotion.

Was £20M, now £30M I'd say.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Is keeping Davis for next season now a certainty on 15:46 - May 10 with 802 viewsitfcjoe

Quite likely Leif could get interest from teams in Europe and if they push hard enough for him then we'd struggle to hold on to him - but that's football

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024