Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy 08:49 - May 11 with 846 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy on 10:53 - May 11 with 659 viewsGuthrum

Remember watching it on the TV news. Horrific scenes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy on 11:00 - May 11 with 650 viewsPlums

A horrendous day. I can remember exactly where 13 year old me was and what I was doing as this broke on the radio. Awful.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy on 16:12 - May 11 with 524 viewsVanSaParody

Always remember that policeman on the pitch with the back of his hair on fire

Really shocking scenes
OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy on 17:52 - May 11 with 449 viewsChurchman

Through work I got to see literally all the footage before, during and after. We went through it moment by horrific moment, who lived, who died, reports, causes, lessons etc etc. all of it.

The lessons from 1985 are as relevant now as they ever were in all sorts of ways. Same with the Hillsborough disaster and Hysel.

They should never be forgotten. Nothing less is an insult to people who went to a football match and never came home along with many others whose lives were changed forever.
[Post edited 11 May 17:53]
OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy on 18:01 - May 11 with 409 viewsPlums

OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy on 17:52 - May 11 by Churchman

Through work I got to see literally all the footage before, during and after. We went through it moment by horrific moment, who lived, who died, reports, causes, lessons etc etc. all of it.

The lessons from 1985 are as relevant now as they ever were in all sorts of ways. Same with the Hillsborough disaster and Hysel.

They should never be forgotten. Nothing less is an insult to people who went to a football match and never came home along with many others whose lives were changed forever.
[Post edited 11 May 17:53]

Me too - although it was uni rather than work. Some of the footage from behind the stand once the fire was out was horrendous.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy on 18:03 - May 11 with 396 viewsChurchman

OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy on 18:01 - May 11 by Plums

Me too - although it was uni rather than work. Some of the footage from behind the stand once the fire was out was horrendous.

Pretty much as bad as it gets.
OTD in 1985 a terrible football tragedy on 18:10 - May 11 with 372 viewsrunaround

Was a terrible tragedy and will never be forgotten.
I remember the haunting footage in the aftermath 😢
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024