Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 07:13 - May 13 with 7062 viewsWallingford_Boy

Looked class yesterday.

Bring him home McKenna.

RIP Sir Bobby

Downes on 13:17 - May 13 with 3853 viewsExiled2Surrey

Downes was excellent.

But who else had forgotten Ross Stewart had gone to Southampton? The resources at that club - wow.... if you could get him fit consistently, could he be the illusive Hirst back up?
Downes on 13:27 - May 13 with 3792 viewsEssexBloo

How did Harwood-Bellis look?
Downes on 13:29 - May 13 with 3765 viewsMetal_Hacker

Downes on 13:27 - May 13 by EssexBloo

Tall and very broad shoulders ( try having a doubles barrels name on the back of standard sized shoulders )

Poll: If it were one or the other

Downes on 13:47 - May 13 with 3645 viewsHerbivore

Downes on 13:17 - May 13 by Exiled2Surrey

Downes was excellent.

But who else had forgotten Ross Stewart had gone to Southampton? The resources at that club - wow.... if you could get him fit consistently, could he be the illusive Hirst back up?

They paid £10m for him last summer and I imagine they'd want to recoup most or all of that. I'd rather we go for someone like Delap for similar money, much more scope for improvement and potential resale value.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Downes on 13:49 - May 13 with 3628 viewsPencilpete

Downes on 13:29 - May 13 by Metal_Hacker

Tall and very broad shoulders ( try having a doubles barrels name on the back of standard sized shoulders )

Downes had over a hundred games to show us what he was capable of and all i saw was Cole Skuse the second ... I didn't see anything like the midfield general dictating play and making driving runs that Southampton have got.

So ultimately a player that didn't give his all for the shirt when he was wearing it and went on strike to get a move .... think we can do without that
Downes on 13:50 - May 13 with 3613 viewsHerbivore

Downes on 13:49 - May 13 by Pencilpete

Downes had over a hundred games to show us what he was capable of and all i saw was Cole Skuse the second ... I didn't see anything like the midfield general dictating play and making driving runs that Southampton have got.

So ultimately a player that didn't give his all for the shirt when he was wearing it and went on strike to get a move .... think we can do without that

That's a shedload of revisionism.

Downes on 13:58 - May 13 with 3542 viewsipswichtillidie

Not subscribed but article in the Echo saying how much he loves it at Southampton. Obviously that may change given WHam have a new manager.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24314893.love-here---flynn-downes-keen-stay-so

Gav

Downes on 13:59 - May 13 with 3521 viewschicoazul

Deranged

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 14:02 - May 13 with 3487 viewsBondiBlue

Downes on 13:27 - May 13 by EssexBloo

Bit meh

Poll: Which would you accept?

Downes on 14:18 - May 13 with 3388 viewsJ2BLUE

Good job you only write in pencil.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Downes on 14:23 - May 13 with 3354 viewsPencilpete

Downes on 14:18 - May 13 by J2BLUE

Good job you only write in pencil.

i'm not rubbing it out !
Downes on 14:25 - May 13 with 3344 viewsPencilpete

Downes on 13:59 - May 13 by chicoazul

Deranged

Whats deranged is selling what was a bang average player for £1m and spending 15-20 times that to buy him back

Man Utd with Paul Pogba all over again
Downes on 14:40 - May 13 with 3230 viewsHerbivore

Downes on 14:25 - May 13 by Pencilpete

Whats deranged is selling what was a bang average player for £1m and spending 15-20 times that to buy him back

He's not going to cost £15m-£20m and he's far from being a bang average player. Madness.

Downes on 14:46 - May 13 with 3189 viewsReusersTown

Not his home. He’s already at West Ham living his chavvy Essex dream.
Downes on 14:50 - May 13 with 3165 viewscharlie1

Downes on 14:25 - May 13 by Pencilpete

You can’t comprehend that a lad who left here aged 22, having played in those dark times under McCarthy, Hurst, Lambert and Cook may have improved in quality since he left here, to the point that he may now be able to contribute far more as a player than he did and therefore have increased in value??

How bizarre.
Downes on 14:58 - May 13 with 3091 viewsJ2BLUE

Downes on 14:50 - May 13 by charlie1

You can’t comprehend that a lad who left here aged 22, having played in those dark times under McCarthy, Hurst, Lambert and Cook may have improved in quality since he left here, to the point that he may now be able to contribute far more as a player than he did and therefore have increased in value??

How bizarre.

The whole thing is very 'Andy Murray hates England' isn't it? The facts don't matter, people just want to believe he's a pr1ck.

Truly impaired.

Downes on 15:11 - May 13 with 3032 views_clive_baker_

Would certainly be an exciting addition. At 25, with a bit of PL experience and proven to be at least an upper Championship player he's exactly the sort of profile we should be going after really, irrespective of his links here. You would think West Ham would be happy enough to move him on, although it will depend what Moyes' replacement makes of him I guess. If he's not fancied I would think a fee in the region of £8m would be about right, which is eye watering relative to what we've become used to but probably a fair value.

I think the whole 'he hates Ipswich' is bobbins. He was in the academy from 7 years old and left at 22. He clearly became disillusioned but I would think it was more the structure and individuals than the club. There can't be a whole load of better options if he wants to stay local and play regular premier league football next season.

Succession planning for life post Morsy is a priority, I could see Downes and Taylor as a nice partnership. Whether its Premier league quality is another question but that's probably true of everyone in our squad and one we'll only know the answer to in a few months at least.
Downes on 15:15 - May 13 with 2997 viewsEssexBloo

Downes on 14:46 - May 13 by ReusersTown

Not his home. He’s already at West Ham living his chavvy Essex dream.

Ouch.
Downes on 15:19 - May 13 with 2975 viewstextbackup

He was about 12 years old, and looked far beyond anything Skuse could do.

Hes since played/trained with prem players, and would be a great Morsy replacement in time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Downes on 15:38 - May 13 with 2878 viewsMattinLondon

He was booed here earlier this season and he didn’t take kindly to it - he mentioned that he was told he wasn’t wanted by Cook.

I doubt very much that he would like to come back or even considers ITFC to be home - don’t blame home but rather the idiots who booed him.
Downes on 15:46 - May 13 with 2823 viewsJ2BLUE

Downes on 15:38 - May 13 by MattinLondon

He was booed here earlier this season and he didn’t take kindly to it - he mentioned that he was told he wasn’t wanted by Cook.

I doubt very much that he would like to come back or even considers ITFC to be home - don’t blame home but rather the idiots who booed him.

People pay far too much attention to this sort of thing.

He's not going to not come back because he was booed. He would come back, have a long interview with Town tv, mention that he loves the club and never wanted to leave the first time (however true that may or may not be) and all will be good again.

Truly impaired.

Downes on 15:49 - May 13 with 2783 viewsMattinLondon

Downes on 15:46 - May 13 by J2BLUE

People pay far too much attention to this sort of thing.

He's not going to not come back because he was booed. He would come back, have a long interview with Town tv, mention that he loves the club and never wanted to leave the first time (however true that may or may not be) and all will be good again.

Actually you’re probably right. I’m now going to perform a complete u-turn on this and think about things properly before posting.
Downes on 16:04 - May 13 with 2681 viewsElderGrizzly

Downes on 13:58 - May 13 by ipswichtillidie

Not subscribed but article in the Echo saying how much he loves it at Southampton. Obviously that may change given WHam have a new manager.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24314893.love-here---flynn-downes-keen-stay-so

Southampton have said they couldn't afford him unless they went up.
Downes on 17:01 - May 13 with 2570 viewsrickw

Surely he left because at the time we were in L1 going nowhere and he believed he was better than that - which he was and is. (Despite a bad last season with us)

I would have thought he'd still cost close to 15m as he's just had a very good season for Southampton

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Downes on 17:06 - May 13 with 2540 viewsCheltenham_Blue

There seems to be some selective amnesia around Downes. He didn't leave because he was forced out as part of the 'Demolition Man' summer.

He wanted out as soon as Palace came sniffing to the point he handed in a transfer request.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024