Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TATD? 08:00 - May 13 with 2242 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Question for Phil. Seem to remember the site being rebranded to TATD last time we were in the top flight. Was that in response to the promotion or the European football?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

TATD? on 08:02 - May 13 with 2220 viewshomer_123

DO NOT GO THERE - EVER!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

TATD? on 08:06 - May 13 with 2188 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

TATD? on 08:02 - May 13 by homer_123

DO NOT GO THERE - EVER!

Have to admit I wasn't a forum poster back then. I assume that provoked some controversy then?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

TATD? on 08:08 - May 13 with 2169 viewshomer_123

TATD? on 08:06 - May 13 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Have to admit I wasn't a forum poster back then. I assume that provoked some controversy then?

Let's just say - it's a bit like suggesting we build some new stands.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

TATD? on 08:09 - May 13 with 2145 viewsKeno

TATD? on 08:06 - May 13 by Charlie_pl_baxter

It was just followed by 22 years in the wilderness

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TATD? on 08:09 - May 13 with 2144 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

TATD? on 08:08 - May 13 by homer_123

Ah gotcha, hubris, nemesis and all that. I accept your admonishment.

TATD? on 08:10 - May 13 with 2141 viewsnodge_blue

I think it was about the promotion.

But I think Phil was keen to just use TWTD as a brand rather than the words they originally stood for, so I cant see him changing it.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

TATD? on 08:38 - May 13 with 2058 viewshoppy

TATD? on 08:10 - May 13 by nodge_blue

But I think Phil was keen to just use TWTD as a brand rather than the words they originally stood for, so I cant see him changing it.

And for some reason, the suggestion to cover all angles of were/are wasn’t even given the time of day.. so we never did get TW/ATD…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TATD? on 09:25 - May 13 with 1942 viewsEwan_Oozami

TATD? on 08:38 - May 13 by hoppy

And for some reason, the suggestion to cover all angles of were/are wasn’t even given the time of day.. so we never did get TW/ATD…

Not officially.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

TATD? on 09:47 - May 13 with 1844 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

We need to qualify for Europe 10 years in a row, and win a couple of cups before rebranding to TATD. These are great days currently, but still not a patch on the 1970's and early 80's - yet!
TATD? on 09:52 - May 13 with 1808 viewsPhilTWTD

TATD? on 08:10 - May 13 by nodge_blue

Was when we made Europe. Was actually in response to Richard Wright saying something like 'even the website is called Those Were The Days' on Football Focus when talking about the club's history still dominating despite their success. As others have said, we've not really used Those Were The Days as the 'official' name since around that time as it was a bit fanziney and tended not to be helpful when talking to the authorities/clubs as a newsier website.
TATD? on 10:09 - May 13 with 1697 viewsHighgateBlue

TATD? on 08:08 - May 13 by homer_123

Tbf, I think Mr Ashton may have mentioned something about a new stand recently...
TATD? on 12:04 - May 13 with 1480 viewsIllinoisblue

TATD? on 09:52 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

Was when we made Europe. Was actually in response to Richard Wright saying something like 'even the website is called Those Were The Days' on Football Focus when talking about the club's history still dominating despite their success. As others have said, we've not really used Those Were The Days as the 'official' name since around that time as it was a bit fanziney and tended not to be helpful when talking to the authorities/clubs as a newsier website.

Wasn’t there a special summer print version titled These Are The Days after we went up in 92?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

TATD? on 12:05 - May 13 with 1461 viewsPhilTWTD

TATD? on 12:04 - May 13 by Illinoisblue

Wasn’t there a special summer print version titled These Are The Days after we went up in 92?

There was, I'd forgotten about that. Before my time.
TATD? on 12:19 - May 13 with 1365 viewssotd78

Isn't it kind of wonderful that some or most true Town fans know what TWTD stands for. Like the secret burger that's never in the menu at Joe Allens restaurant or the missing Foo Yung that's not on the menu at our local Chinese but can still be ordered by those in the know. As one of the lucky old guys I was there in 1978 and before and although we didn't realise it at the time those really were the days.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

TATD? on 12:29 - May 13 with 1322 viewsKeno

TATD? on 12:19 - May 13 by sotd78

Isn't it kind of wonderful that some or most true Town fans know what TWTD stands for. Like the secret burger that's never in the menu at Joe Allens restaurant or the missing Foo Yung that's not on the menu at our local Chinese but can still be ordered by those in the know. As one of the lucky old guys I was there in 1978 and before and although we didn't realise it at the time those really were the days.

Its isnt on the menu but my local Chinese will do me tempura prawns in lemon sauce although I keep telling then they are rubbery

TATD? on 13:01 - May 13 with 1231 viewshoppy

TATD? on 12:29 - May 13 by Keno

Its isnt on the menu but my local Chinese will do me tempura prawns in lemon sauce although I keep telling then they are rubbery

Maybe you should try not being mean to them in future. I wouldn't like it if one of my customers kept telling me I was rubbery.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TATD? on 13:25 - May 13 with 1149 viewsfarkenhell

TATD? on 08:38 - May 13 by hoppy

Unfortunately, we were well and truly TW/ATD less than 12 months later!
TATD? on 13:27 - May 13 with 1129 viewsKeno

TATD? on 13:01 - May 13 by hoppy

Maybe you should try not being mean to them in future. I wouldn't like it if one of my customers kept telling me I was rubbery.

they were weally weally pleased but I think I misread his next comment, I hope he was saying thank you

TATD? on 17:11 - May 13 with 953 viewsMelford

TATD? on 09:52 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

I still call it Those Were The Days. I had a few cartoons that I drew that featured in the print version back in the Lyall years. I used to buy all the fanzines, Dribble! A load Of Cobbolds, TWTD and there was Blue for a bit.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

TATD? on 17:20 - May 13 with 920 viewsCheltenham_Blue

For the love of God, can people stop suggesting this.

It isn't fair on Phil for him to be responsible for our relegation, and for spending 22 years in the wilderness for a second time.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

TATD? on 17:29 - May 13 with 892 viewsKeno

TATD? on 17:20 - May 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

It isn't fair on Phil for him to be responsible for our relegation, and for spending 22 years in the wilderness for a second time.

so you are blaming Gav then?

TATD? on 17:51 - May 13 with 834 viewsTheMoralMajority

For those of you who are too young to remember the days when Phil & Gav deemed fit to destine us to over 20 years of mediocrity, this is a snapshot of TWTD when it was TATD (notice logo in top left):
https://web.archive.org/web/20010515222408/ http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/

#NeverForgetNeverForgive

___
Edit: Apparently TWTD's URL parsing doesn't like the 2nd http in the URL, so it needs to be copy and pasted, and you'll need to remove the space between the 2 URLs
[Post edited 13 May 17:54]

...but do signatures really work?

TATD? on 18:23 - May 13 with 779 viewsCheltenham_Blue

TATD? on 17:51 - May 13 by TheMoralMajority

For those of you who are too young to remember the days when Phil & Gav deemed fit to destine us to over 20 years of mediocrity, this is a snapshot of TWTD when it was TATD (notice logo in top left):
https://web.archive.org/web/20010515222408/ http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/

#NeverForgetNeverForgive

___
Edit: Apparently TWTD's URL parsing doesn't like the 2nd http in the URL, so it needs to be copy and pasted, and you'll need to remove the space between the 2 URLs
[Post edited 13 May 17:54]

https://imgur.com/a/ifKdeVT

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

TATD? on 19:59 - May 13 with 718 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

TATD? on 17:20 - May 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not a suggestion just curiosity as to what triggered it last time. Last thing I want is to trigger Phil's guilt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024