Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changes off the pitch this season 21:27 - May 13 with 2936 viewsMidlandBlue25

We’ve seen a lot of chat about new players etc. But what would you change about the match day experience at Portman Road?

I’d get someone in to replace Mark Murphy.
Self service drink machines in the concourses.
Show the scores of the top four leagues at half time
[Post edited 13 May 21:28]
Changes off the pitch this season on 21:31 - May 13 with 2480 viewsGeoffSentence

Big screen at the other end.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Changes off the pitch this season on 21:36 - May 13 with 2444 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Mark Murphy has grown on me tbh, I may be alone in that opinion haha.

As well as the things needed for the prem, a request to clean the roofs of the cobbold/pioneer again please.
Changes off the pitch this season on 21:37 - May 13 with 2435 viewsMidlandBlue25

Changes off the pitch this season on 21:36 - May 13 by burnbudgiesburn

As well as the things needed for the prem, a request to clean the roofs of the cobbold/pioneer again please.

That’s fair enough, but you can tell he’s a radio presenter as he loves the sound of his own voice
Changes off the pitch this season on 21:50 - May 13 with 2320 viewsSwansea_Blue

Strippers and a bear volcano please.

I miss the old school half time entertainment. There must be loads of local arts groups who could put on a show of some sort. Even the police dogs chasing down 'criminals' was mildly entertaining (maybe they can tweak that idea with a Roman theme and set Brexiteers loose to be hunted down by lions? I digress).

A lot of people are only interested in beer nowadays though. But if there was something worth watching, maybe people wouldn't want to miss the last 5 mins of the first half and spend 15 minutes queuing for warm piss out of a plastic bottle.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Changes off the pitch this season on 21:59 - May 13 with 2266 viewsnorfsufblue

Changes off the pitch this season on 21:50 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

I miss the old school half time entertainment. There must be loads of local arts groups who could put on a show of some sort. Even the police dogs chasing down 'criminals' was mildly entertaining (maybe they can tweak that idea with a Roman theme and set Brexiteers loose to be hunted down by lions? I digress).

A lot of people are only interested in beer nowadays though. But if there was something worth watching, maybe people wouldn't want to miss the last 5 mins of the first half and spend 15 minutes queuing for warm piss out of a plastic bottle.

It's a winter sport... get some dark ales in the bar for petes sake!
Changes off the pitch this season on 22:05 - May 13 with 2236 viewsIllinoisblue

Free “D Fence” signs given out to fans for that full USA sports experience.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:07 - May 13 with 2228 viewsexeterblue10

You’re not alone in that - he’s alright is Mark Murphy and Ipswich through and through.
Changes off the pitch this season on 22:13 - May 13 with 2189 viewsRIPbobby

Murphy is ok. Although he did constantly try to stop the players celebrating after the last game.
Login to get fewer ads

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:14 - May 13 with 2157 viewsFixed_It

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:07 - May 13 by exeterblue10

You’re not alone in that - he’s alright is Mark Murphy and Ipswich through and through.

Good evening Lesley!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:17 - May 13 with 2132 viewstextbackup

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:07 - May 13 by exeterblue10

Apart from when he was a Chelsea fan years back

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:20 - May 13 with 2114 viewsolimar

Some digital signs running all along the front of the SAR and SBR stands. And more hand driers in the toilets in West/Pioneer.
Changes off the pitch this season on 22:23 - May 13 with 2072 viewsTheBoyBlue

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:13 - May 13 by RIPbobby

Murphy is ok. Although he did constantly try to stop the players celebrating after the last game.

He was only doing what the club asked of him and to be fair he wasn't exactly forceful about it. I thought he struck the right balance.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:37 - May 13 with 1996 viewsGarv

Bring back the Boot-iful game.

Or the Boat-iful game.

Or any half time entertainment.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Changes off the pitch this season on 23:07 - May 13 with 1913 viewsChurchman

Chariot racing at half time.
Changes off the pitch this season on 23:24 - May 13 with 1858 viewsEdmundo

Changes off the pitch this season on 21:59 - May 13 by norfsufblue

It's a winter sport... get some dark ales in the bar for petes sake!

Adnams back in the building. And proper coffee from Combat2Coffee in all stands

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Changes off the pitch this season on 05:00 - May 14 with 1659 viewsThundermuffin86

Self-service drink machines and showing league scores at halftime would improve match days at Portman Road.
Changes off the pitch this season on 06:09 - May 14 with 1577 viewsSwailsey

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:37 - May 13 by Garv

Bring back the Boot-iful game.

Or the Boat-iful game.

Or any half time entertainment.

This is the correct answer

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Changes off the pitch this season on 06:35 - May 14 with 1517 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Replace the marquee in the fanzone.

It's very practical in the winter, but is worn and screams of non-league.

I imagine at some point the club will want to put a permanent structure in, but in the meantime it can't cost more than £5-£10k to replace it.
Changes off the pitch this season on 06:36 - May 14 with 1511 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sort the signal out in Portman Road.

How in 2024 I can’t access anything at half time on a new iPhone with 5G data is insane

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Changes off the pitch this season on 06:53 - May 14 with 1473 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Changes off the pitch this season on 06:36 - May 14 by The_Romford_Blue

Sort the signal out in Portman Road.

How in 2024 I can’t access anything at half time on a new iPhone with 5G data is insane

I agree, but I don't think this is just an ITFC issue.

When I'm at Wembley for an England match I can't get a signal - and the stadium is sponsored by EE!
Changes off the pitch this season on 07:34 - May 14 with 1357 viewsnorfsufblue

Changes off the pitch this season on 23:24 - May 13 by Edmundo

Adnams back in the building. And proper coffee from Combat2Coffee in all stands

It would be a start if they allowed the staff to crack open a csn of draught Guiness and pour it into a plastic glass.... apparently that's too time consuming!.... I have asked btw
Changes off the pitch this season on 07:34 - May 14 with 1355 viewsMattinLondon

Think it was late 90s (or possibly later) that quite large model aircraft were flown over the pitch by their users. Quite liked watch model spitfires etc being flown by the North Stand. But I can be quite dull at times.
Changes off the pitch this season on 07:39 - May 14 with 1333 viewsDeano69

Changes off the pitch this season on 22:13 - May 13 by RIPbobby

Dont shoot the messenger!

Likewise, EFL are very much against pitch invasion and the club has to be seen to be doing anything within its power to stop them…

MM does a great job under difficult circumstances.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Changes off the pitch this season on 07:59 - May 14 with 1244 viewsEuropablue

I'll never understand people leaving early. Might as well not bother coming and save the money and have cheaper beer at home!
Changes off the pitch this season on 08:18 - May 14 with 1176 viewstonybied

Changes off the pitch this season on 06:53 - May 14 by LA_Tractor_Boy

I agree, but I don't think this is just an ITFC issue.

When I'm at Wembley for an England match I can't get a signal - and the stadium is sponsored by EE!

It's not an ITFC issue it's a provider issue and will never be sorted as the issue is you have 30000 extra people trying to access the local phone masts to join the network plus all the usual residents of the area too. It's too much for the infrastructure to handle.

It works on the same principle as your home network. Imagine if every 2 weeks you had your whole extended family come to your house join your network, then all try and start watching streaming content at the same time, even 1 gig connection would struggle with 100 devices all using that kind of data at the same time. Even if your connection was fast enough to handle that, your router would get overwhelmed with all that noise at the same time and would grind to a halt.

The cost of installing the infrastructure to cope with all the extra data being processed for a few hours every couple of weeks would be astronomical and providers would never get any extra return on that investment so why would they bother? The easiest answer is to tell people to live their lives for a couple of hours without depending on their mobile device, which is probably the correct answer anyway. You go to the football to take in the game/atmosphere anyway!
[Post edited 14 May 8:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024