Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Owners 08:22 - May 16 with 3439 viewsWestover

I have not seen anything from our American owners after our promotion, I might have missed things but after all the videos etc when they took over the club I thought they would be all over it, has anyone seen anything ?.
Our Owners on 08:24 - May 16 with 3034 viewsHelp

What would you like? Them to take all the glory. A message of plaudits to Ashton and Kieran? Or let the actions speak louder than words. They do their bit. Ashton his. Kieran his. The fans out bit. Do your job. Do it well and when we all go on the same direction good things can happen.
Our Owners on 08:28 - May 16 with 2992 viewshomer_123

I'm rather pleased they haven't done anything.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Our Owners on 08:32 - May 16 with 2961 viewsWestover

Our Owners on 08:24 - May 16 by Help

What would you like? Them to take all the glory. A message of plaudits to Ashton and Kieran? Or let the actions speak louder than words. They do their bit. Ashton his. Kieran his. The fans out bit. Do your job. Do it well and when we all go on the same direction good things can happen.

To show there enthusiasm as they did before, they are fans and only a very small part of the ownership, they were at the last game but I didn't see them in the days after maybe they were I don't know.
Our Owners on 08:52 - May 16 with 2864 viewsSitfcB

Not this again.

Why does it matter?

I think it’s good they lay low.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our Owners on 08:56 - May 16 with 2830 viewsportmanking

Our Owners on 08:52 - May 16 by SitfcB

Not this again.

Why does it matter?

I think it’s good they lay low.

Hmm, there's no getting away from the fact that Brett Johnson has laid low for the last 12 months ever since this story leaked: https://www.golocalprov.com/news/brett-johnson-has-used-unbuilt-pawtucket-soccer
Our Owners on 09:00 - May 16 with 2786 viewsfooters

Our Owners on 08:28 - May 16 by homer_123

I'm rather pleased they haven't done anything.

Exactly.

Let KM, Ashton and the team have the limelight now. No real need for them to say anything. (What would they say anyway?)

And besides, we've now a new tranche of 'owners' in that Brightpath Brighthouse Whitehouse thingy. So you'd get quotes from about 20 yank suits talking like Michael Scott.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Our Owners on 09:03 - May 16 with 2741 viewshype313

Our Owners on 08:56 - May 16 by portmanking

Hmm, there's no getting away from the fact that Brett Johnson has laid low for the last 12 months ever since this story leaked: https://www.golocalprov.com/news/brett-johnson-has-used-unbuilt-pawtucket-soccer

He's been quite vocal on Linkedin regarding our promotion

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Our Owners on 09:07 - May 16 with 2707 viewsElderGrizzly

Our Owners on 09:03 - May 16 by hype313

He's been quite vocal on Linkedin regarding our promotion

And was there at the game vs Huddersfield along with all the other owners.

Always has to be a conspiracy...
Login to get fewer ads

Our Owners on 09:42 - May 16 with 2540 viewssmithy69

I want them on the pitch after every game and in the changing room telling Mckenna where he is going wrong

It makes more sense for them to also decide and then buy what players We need
Our Owners on 09:57 - May 16 with 2445 viewsSheffordBlue

Maybe one of the reasons is that the most vocal of the owners when they took over - Berke, Mark Detmer and Brett Johnson actually now own very little of the club (and didn't own a huge amount when they took over).

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Our Owners on 10:02 - May 16 with 2402 viewsGuthrum

Our Owners on 09:57 - May 16 by SheffordBlue

Maybe one of the reasons is that the most vocal of the owners when they took over - Berke, Mark Detmer and Brett Johnson actually now own very little of the club (and didn't own a huge amount when they took over).

Moreover, they appear to have curtailed their Twitter/X useage, or come off there altogether. Which may have more to do with Elon Musk's fresh ideas than ITFC, but will have the effect of significantly reducing their public output.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Our Owners on 10:08 - May 16 with 2351 viewswkj

To be honest, with a CEO who knows football and business like Ashton does, we really don't need to hear anything from the owners.

This is 100% the reason why Evans failed, he put a mouth in that position while he remained hidden.

As long as Ashton (or someone qualified) is in a CEO spot, then that is all we probably need to worry about.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Our Owners on 10:10 - May 16 with 2331 viewsLankHenners

Our Owners on 08:56 - May 16 by portmanking

That was cleared up pretty quickly afterwards and seemed a bit much ado about nothing. From looking at the source of that article at the time I remember that publication came across as having a fairly heavy slant against the development in Pawtucket for whatever reason.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Our Owners on 10:12 - May 16 with 2293 viewsHerbivore

Which American owners? The pension fund or the venture capitalists?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our Owners on 10:15 - May 16 with 2257 viewsCoastalblue

Our Owners on 09:57 - May 16 by SheffordBlue

I wouldn't be surprised to see them retain that status longer term with a possible rotation of investments coming and going behind them.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Our Owners on 10:16 - May 16 with 2259 viewsSomethingBlue

They banged the drum early on to give things some necessary traction and vibes, then have since seen everything take care of itself gloriously so there's no need for them to steal any limelight. Exactly the way you'd want them to be. No parping about 55k stadiums here.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Our Owners on 11:16 - May 16 with 2008 viewsSenatorBlue

Today’s Guardian article on Town provides a great insight into why their lack of comment is a good thing. They’re clearly supporting and supportive behind the scene's, but love the fact they’re allowing Ashton and McKenna to take centre stage, and to run the club/team.
Our Owners on 11:46 - May 16 with 1876 viewsPhilTWTD

Has been a deliberate thing for them to keep a lower profile so as not to risk mixing messages. The spokesperson for the club as a whole is Mark Ashton. Obviously they were delighted and 40 of them including family were over for the Huddersfield game. From what I gather, they stayed in London ahead of the match to avoid getting under Kieran's feet in the run-up to the match.
Our Owners on 11:55 - May 16 with 1810 viewsSitfcB

Our Owners on 11:46 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

Has been a deliberate thing for them to keep a lower profile so as not to risk mixing messages. The spokesperson for the club as a whole is Mark Ashton. Obviously they were delighted and 40 of them including family were over for the Huddersfield game. From what I gather, they stayed in London ahead of the match to avoid getting under Kieran's feet in the run-up to the match.

Ah, that’ll explain the coach that was seen in London with ‘Ipswich Town Football Club’ on the destination board!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our Owners on 12:59 - May 16 with 1611 viewsIllinoisblue

Our Owners on 10:02 - May 16 by Guthrum

Moreover, they appear to have curtailed their Twitter/X useage, or come off there altogether. Which may have more to do with Elon Musk's fresh ideas than ITFC, but will have the effect of significantly reducing their public output.

Yes, they are posting onLinkedIn a fair bit but that’s obviously a lot lower profile.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Our Owners on 13:34 - May 16 with 1477 viewsElderGrizzly

Our Owners on 11:46 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

Young Nick sums it up rather well here today in The Guardian:

"The squad will prepare for 2024-25 at a venue favoured by McKenna in Austria; there is no pressure from above to try cracking the US, despite its obvious allure, at this point. Ipswich have been successful in large part because their backers have shown no inclination to tinker from afar, or to put themselves front and centre."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/16/how-ipswich-promotion-p
Our Owners on 14:04 - May 16 with 1360 viewsPhilTWTD

Our Owners on 11:55 - May 16 by SitfcB

Ah, that’ll explain the coach that was seen in London with ‘Ipswich Town Football Club’ on the destination board!

Wasn't aware of that, but I assume that's right. From what I gather, it was MA who stipulated that the Americans should stay in London ahead of the match.
Our Owners on 14:14 - May 16 with 1294 viewsitfcjoe

Our Owners on 14:04 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

Wasn't aware of that, but I assume that's right. From what I gather, it was MA who stipulated that the Americans should stay in London ahead of the match.

I think they always stay in London anyway, even when they visit the TG they go back in the evening.

I guess 75 minutes on the train isn't seen as a massive deal to Americans

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our Owners on 14:43 - May 16 with 1189 viewsPhilTWTD

Our Owners on 14:14 - May 16 by itfcjoe

I think they always stay in London anyway, even when they visit the TG they go back in the evening.

I wasn't aware of that. It was someone from the US side that told me that and that it was done specifically to avoid causing a distraction ahead of the game.
Our Owners on 14:59 - May 16 with 1072 viewsBattersea_Blue

Our Owners on 14:14 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Perhaps that’s changed this season then, as they stayed at Salthouse before and after the Exeter home game last season.

Met Brett in reception on the Sunday morning, had a coffee with him and my son and I had half an hour or so with him. At his suggestion we took pics . . Really nice guy and very open.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024