Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off the ball city !! 22:17 - May 16 with 2422 viewscooper442

What an absolute shower that was at least their manager thought it was amusing!
I can't believe.... on 22:20 - May 16 with 2371 viewsBloots

....he was smiling at the end.

Unforgivable.

But hilarious.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Off the ball city !! on 22:44 - May 16 with 2266 viewsgainsboroughblue

What were they saying about us earlier this season?

Mentally weak wasn't it?

Let's revisit that assessment now we know the outcome for both clubs.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Off the ball city !! on 23:21 - May 16 with 2133 viewsDeano69

Off the boil sh!tty

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Off the ball city !! on 23:25 - May 16 with 2091 viewsFrimleyBlue

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he knew he was off and he didn't care tonight.

Large parts of the fanbase have wanted him out all season and some saying he didn't give it a go last week.

Barnes. Rowe and Sargent. He got it wrong as found out, you just can't go toe to toe with leeds. He got it right at carrow Road. But tonight was almost like sticking 2 fingers up at them lot who questioned his tactics last week that got the draw and this was the result.

Hahahaha

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Off the ball city !! on 23:37 - May 16 with 2035 viewsdavblue

Off the ball city !! on 23:25 - May 16 by FrimleyBlue

Large parts of the fanbase have wanted him out all season and some saying he didn't give it a go last week.

Barnes. Rowe and Sargent. He got it wrong as found out, you just can't go toe to toe with leeds. He got it right at carrow Road. But tonight was almost like sticking 2 fingers up at them lot who questioned his tactics last week that got the draw and this was the result.

Hahahaha

They didn’t go toe to toe with Leeds tonight, they didn’t even try to. How you’ve come to that conclusion hopefully based on watching the game I’ll never know. It was quite obvious they wanted to contain but Leeds didn’t let them.
[Post edited 16 May 23:38]
Off the ball city !! on 23:43 - May 16 with 1972 viewsFrimleyBlue

Off the ball city !! on 23:37 - May 16 by davblue

They didn’t go toe to toe with Leeds tonight, they didn’t even try to. How you’ve come to that conclusion hopefully based on watching the game I’ll never know. It was quite obvious they wanted to contain but Leeds didn’t let them.

They did attempt to but failed very quickly and I mean very quickly.

As the game begun they had Sargent and Barnes high. Rowe was high and wide and they tried to get forward with urgency. They soon, Very soon found out that it then left gaping holes which leeds exploited very easily.

As the game went on yes norwich got deeper and deeper until sainz came on 2nd half and tried to show some fight. But it was all over anyway.

But they defo didn't start this game like they were looking to hold leeds. And that imo was their failure.
[Post edited 16 May 23:52]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Off the ball city !! on 23:55 - May 16 with 1916 viewsdavblue

Off the ball city !! on 23:43 - May 16 by FrimleyBlue

They did attempt to but failed very quickly and I mean very quickly.

As the game begun they had Sargent and Barnes high. Rowe was high and wide and they tried to get forward with urgency. They soon, Very soon found out that it then left gaping holes which leeds exploited very easily.

As the game went on yes norwich got deeper and deeper until sainz came on 2nd half and tried to show some fight. But it was all over anyway.

But they defo didn't start this game like they were looking to hold leeds. And that imo was their failure.
[Post edited 16 May 23:52]

Rubbish, utter rubbish.
Off the ball city !! on 00:14 - May 17 with 1845 viewsKievthegreat

On the Fall Sh1tty!
Login to get fewer ads

Off the ball city !! on 00:39 - May 17 with 1799 viewsMiaow

Never mind the play-offs...

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Off the ball city !! on 10:01 - May 17 with 1294 viewskeighleyblue

tbf they spanked us 4-0 as well....
Off the ball city !! on 10:16 - May 17 with 1237 viewstextbackup

Off the ball city !! on 23:25 - May 16 by FrimleyBlue

Hahahaha

He didn’t get it right in the first leg, everyone that’s ever watched football knew ncfc needed to take a win to the 2nd leg to stand any sort of chance.
And in that first leg they were sht, barely even tried to attack.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Off the ball city !! on 10:49 - May 17 with 1113 viewsBossy

Forgetting about the rivalry for a second. I thought the way they were set up lacked real ambition. They had one shot in the home leg for crying out loud. I've seen them set up like this against other teams above them and some below them many times this season.

I think Wagner was really thinking he could 0-0 his way out of the playoffs and into the premier league. I can see why some Norwich fans were sick of him.

I'm glad it hasn't worked, as much as I find the Leeds fans annoying and entitled, at least they played large chunks of this season playing attacking, entertaining football.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Off the ball city !! on 10:55 - May 17 with 1089 viewsArnieM

Off the ball city !! on 23:37 - May 16 by davblue

Scums strategy since Christmas has been to sit deep, defend in numbers , and try to Nick a goal on the break. The return of Sargent in December saw them specifically look for free kick on the edge of that 18 yard box, diving at will to achieve those free kicks. Other than about 3 players in that side, I feel there really isn’t a lot more about them. It’ll be interesting to see if they keep those 3 players now they’ve lost that parachute money, and have I believe one of the highest wage bills in the championship outside of the recently 3 relegated PL teams.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Off the ball city !! on 13:55 - May 17 with 938 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Off the ball city !! on 10:49 - May 17 by Bossy

Forgetting about the rivalry for a second. I thought the way they were set up lacked real ambition. They had one shot in the home leg for crying out loud. I've seen them set up like this against other teams above them and some below them many times this season.

I think Wagner was really thinking he could 0-0 his way out of the playoffs and into the premier league. I can see why some Norwich fans were sick of him.

I'm glad it hasn't worked, as much as I find the Leeds fans annoying and entitled, at least they played large chunks of this season playing attacking, entertaining football.

I really don't get the entitlement of the Norwich fans generally but think perhaps it's because they've got a generation who think they're a far superior club than they are.

I fully expected a drubbing last night. Norwich are bang average, as evidenced by the points return this season. Think Wagner has done wonders to get them in the top 6 given the team we saw down here in December when they fluked a draw.

I'm not particularly familiar with their finances but if they're forced to sell 2 or 3 of their better players this Summer then they could be in real trouble next season, especially if they bring in a younger coach with limited Championship experience. We struck gold with KM , let's hope they don't do similar.
Off the ball city !! on 14:07 - May 17 with 879 viewsMK1

He must have known he was off. I like him as a person, but as a manager, he is top of League one or mid/bottom half Championship. He is capable of doing a job, but limited.
Off the ball city !! on 14:20 - May 17 with 845 viewsBossy

Off the ball city !! on 13:55 - May 17 by PrideOfTheEast

I really don't get the entitlement of the Norwich fans generally but think perhaps it's because they've got a generation who think they're a far superior club than they are.

I fully expected a drubbing last night. Norwich are bang average, as evidenced by the points return this season. Think Wagner has done wonders to get them in the top 6 given the team we saw down here in December when they fluked a draw.

I'm not particularly familiar with their finances but if they're forced to sell 2 or 3 of their better players this Summer then they could be in real trouble next season, especially if they bring in a younger coach with limited Championship experience. We struck gold with KM , let's hope they don't do similar.

I think where they finished was about right to be honest. They had a couple of good runs with some dodgy patches in there too.

They were in the premier league not that long ago, so I do understand it takes a while for that feeling to match reality.

They never would have won the playoffs with Wagners approach to crunch games though. He makes them go into their shell and try and get a single goal on the break. That is not going to happen against Leeds/Southampton/etc over two legs.

I agree, they are in for an interesting phase now, they could lose a couple of key players and it's a bit of a rebuild and they can sometimes work spectacularly (McKenna) or be a disaster (Rooney).
[Post edited 17 May 14:21]

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Off the ball city !! on 14:20 - May 17 with 844 viewsbournemouthblue

Off the ball city !! on 13:55 - May 17 by PrideOfTheEast

They have the 6th highest wage bill currently but have already said they will need to sell

How they reinvest those proceeds, will determine how competitive they will be as time goes on

Outside Stacey, Sara, Sainz, Sargent and Rowe, there isn't a lot of quality in there

It's going to take a lot of work to change their style of play into something more fluid and modern

It feels like several of the clubs who should have been in the playoff mix were starting to get their act together at the end of the season so the quality deeper down the division maybe higher

You'd expect Coventry, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hull and Watford to have a better stab at the playoffs next season, alongside the other playoff failures from this season

The relegated three can't be as dominant as last season but should be there or thereabouts

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Off the ball city !! on 15:27 - May 17 with 730 viewsdavblue

Off the ball city !! on 10:49 - May 17 by Bossy

they reminded me of a McCarthy team, they don't work as hard as his teams but the set up is similar, get in front, hold what you have. They just had a better class of player than Mick had here.

Wagner was meant to be one of these new age coaches, but i've not really seen anything to suggest that he is innovative. Fair play to him though his record in England is pretty good tbh.
Off the ball city !! on 15:55 - May 17 with 638 viewsdavblue

Off the ball city !! on 10:55 - May 17 by ArnieM

Scums strategy since Christmas has been to sit deep, defend in numbers , and try to Nick a goal on the break. The return of Sargent in December saw them specifically look for free kick on the edge of that 18 yard box, diving at will to achieve those free kicks. Other than about 3 players in that side, I feel there really isn’t a lot more about them. It’ll be interesting to see if they keep those 3 players now they’ve lost that parachute money, and have I believe one of the highest wage bills in the championship outside of the recently 3 relegated PL teams.

you weren't going to go toe to toe with Leeds at Elland Road with Barnes having to press from that 10, he's not capable of doing it now. Hence they didn't go 'toe to toe' i can't for the life of me see how anyone could come to that conclusion watching last nights game.

It was a sit in deep and contain and hit on the break as you've said, i can't see what Frimley was seeing. I understand they couldn't et out that's different, but there was no intent for them to have an open game against Leeds at Elland road.
Off the ball city !! on 17:04 - May 17 with 542 viewsArnieM

Off the ball city !! on 14:20 - May 17 by bournemouthblue

They have the 6th highest wage bill currently but have already said they will need to sell

How they reinvest those proceeds, will determine how competitive they will be as time goes on

Outside Stacey, Sara, Sainz, Sargent and Rowe, there isn't a lot of quality in there

It's going to take a lot of work to change their style of play into something more fluid and modern

It feels like several of the clubs who should have been in the playoff mix were starting to get their act together at the end of the season so the quality deeper down the division maybe higher

You'd expect Coventry, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hull and Watford to have a better stab at the playoffs next season, alongside the other playoff failures from this season

The relegated three can't be as dominant as last season but should be there or thereabouts

I’ll say now, they will finish below mid table.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024