Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this work to get Premier League ready 15:21 - May 17 with 2794 viewsHeathlander

Can you imagine under Evans had we fluked promotion to the Prem that anyone would have been able to carry out all this work successfully. No disrespect to those who have gone before but there was no infrastructure in place to get this all done.

We have come a long way in a very short space of time.
All this work to get Premier League ready on 15:22 - May 17 with 2771 viewswkj

We would have been green shooting ourself in the foot for 10 months, of this I have no doubt.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

All this work to get Premier League ready on 15:46 - May 17 with 2651 viewsHighgateBlue

I think under Evans they would have told us not to worry about media centres and the like and just sent us a list of players who need upgrading in order to be Premier League ready!
All this work to get Premier League ready on 15:51 - May 17 with 2625 viewsPhilTWTD

Plans were in place in 2014/15 ahead of the play-offs, although I assume the rules will have moved on a bit since then. I was told the plans for the expanded press room at that point.
All this work to get Premier League ready on 15:56 - May 17 with 2581 viewsblueasfook

All this work to get Premier League ready on 15:51 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Plans were in place in 2014/15 ahead of the play-offs, although I assume the rules will have moved on a bit since then. I was told the plans for the expanded press room at that point.

You'll be rubbing shoulders with the elite footie journos next season. Keano will be back with Sky Sports.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

All this work to get Premier League ready on 15:59 - May 17 with 2551 viewsBluespeed225

And speaking to Pat Godbolds in 15’, she was talking of a proper museum, IF we had been promoted. I know it’s not the most important thing in the grand scheme of things to come, and it was probably just Evans or Clegg( was he still here then?) paying her lip service, but might be incorporated into any new Cobbold stand design. After seeing those Pioneer shirts that have just surfaced after 40+ years the Club should have a top secret memorabilia buying department!
All this work to get Premier League ready on 16:44 - May 17 with 2403 viewsPhilTWTD

All this work to get Premier League ready on 15:59 - May 17 by Bluespeed225

And speaking to Pat Godbolds in 15’, she was talking of a proper museum, IF we had been promoted. I know it’s not the most important thing in the grand scheme of things to come, and it was probably just Evans or Clegg( was he still here then?) paying her lip service, but might be incorporated into any new Cobbold stand design. After seeing those Pioneer shirts that have just surfaced after 40+ years the Club should have a top secret memorabilia buying department!

Yes, I remember it being talked about, as per the below. Mark Ashton has said it is in the plans now as well, see below below.

Town Secure Compton's Medal 8th Nov 2011 14:42
Town paid £4,500 to secure former full-back John Compton’s 1961/62 Football League championship winners’ medal at an auction at Sotherby’s this morning. TWTD alerted the club to the medal’s availability last month with chief executive Simon Clegg keen to add it to the Blues' collection of memorabilia. 21

Ashton: Never a Perfect Time to Rebuild a Stand 8th Dec 2023 15:34
Town CEO Mark Ashton has revealed that it’s possible that the club could look to start building the new Cobbold Stand behind the existing structure. 5

All this work to get Premier League ready on 16:48 - May 17 with 2372 viewsSwansea_Blue

All this work to get Premier League ready on 15:56 - May 17 by blueasfook

You'll be rubbing shoulders with the elite footie journos next season. Keano will be back with Sky Sports.

Be nice. You'll give the poor fella nightmares

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All this work to get Premier League ready on 17:30 - May 17 with 2270 viewsPhilTWTD

All this work to get Premier League ready on 16:48 - May 17 by Swansea_Blue

Wasn't my phone! I wonder if he will come back, not been back since he left. Probably won't remember me, I'm sure he had no idea of who we all were despite most of us going to pretty much every press conference while he was here.
Login to get fewer ads

All this work to get Premier League ready on 17:42 - May 17 with 2183 viewsKeno

"expanded press"

is that an over weight journalist?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

All this work to get Premier League ready on 19:42 - May 17 with 1946 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

All this work to get Premier League ready on 19:42 - May 17 with 1948 viewsHipsterectomy

All this work to get Premier League ready on 17:30 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Wasn't my phone! I wonder if he will come back, not been back since he left. Probably won't remember me, I'm sure he had no idea of who we all were despite most of us going to pretty much every press conference while he was here.

Don’t the athletic try and get a journalist (usually local or independent) for every club in the prem? Have you been bribed with a bag of cash yet?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

All this work to get Premier League ready on 19:49 - May 17 with 1906 viewsPhilTWTD

All this work to get Premier League ready on 19:42 - May 17 by Hipsterectomy

Don’t the athletic try and get a journalist (usually local or independent) for every club in the prem? Have you been bribed with a bag of cash yet?

I'm not sure they do that any more. Did they have a Luton journalist?
All this work to get Premier League ready on 22:11 - May 17 with 1737 viewsPhilTWTD

All this work to get Premier League ready on 17:42 - May 17 by Keno

"expanded press"

is that an over weight journalist?

No, that's a tactic I've recommended to Kieran. Watch out for it next season.
All this work to get Premier League ready on 08:17 - May 18 with 1411 viewsMullet

Can already see Phil telling Henry Winter to get back in line if he gets a bit keen on the media scran line. Pushing Barney Ronay's laptop on the floor, when he accidentally sets up in Hambo's regular spot.

Also reckon the Volvo will be getting upgraded now this site will be inundated with big club armchairs from all round the world etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

All this work to get Premier League ready on 08:30 - May 18 with 1372 viewsDyland

All this work to get Premier League ready on 16:48 - May 17 by Swansea_Blue

“I’m letting it ring out.”

I’m totally with the dark lord on this one, it’s incredibly bad manners. Saying that, Roy wasn’t exactly courteous when he was in Suffolk was he. The whole show stank from the day Evans fired Magic.

The Curse started lifting when Evans sold a majority share and Magic first came back to the club.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

All this work to get Premier League ready on 08:36 - May 18 with 1342 viewsblueasfook

All this work to get Premier League ready on 08:17 - May 18 by Mullet

Can already see Phil telling Henry Winter to get back in line if he gets a bit keen on the media scran line. Pushing Barney Ronay's laptop on the floor, when he accidentally sets up in Hambo's regular spot.

Also reckon the Volvo will be getting upgraded now this site will be inundated with big club armchairs from all round the world etc.

He's been googling Maseratis and Porsches since Huddersfield.
[Post edited 18 May 8:37]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

All this work to get Premier League ready on 09:10 - May 18 with 1247 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sod it I’ll say it

No doubt some work has to be done however given teams promoted to the Premier League in recent years include the likes of Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Huddersfield and so on, and they have all managed ok, I can’t help but feel the amount and difficulty of the work needed is being over-egged somewhat!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

All this work to get Premier League ready on 10:22 - May 18 with 1107 viewsTractorboy24

All this work to get Premier League ready on 09:10 - May 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sod it I’ll say it

No doubt some work has to be done however given teams promoted to the Premier League in recent years include the likes of Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Huddersfield and so on, and they have all managed ok, I can’t help but feel the amount and difficulty of the work needed is being over-egged somewhat!

But of those, Bournemouth, Brentford & Huddersfield were pre-VAR so not as much work, Luton there was a song & dance made over the state of their stadium and the upgrades being made. Didn’t they postpone their first home game too, to allow work to be completed?
All this work to get Premier League ready on 11:53 - May 18 with 969 viewsMullet

All this work to get Premier League ready on 08:36 - May 18 by blueasfook

He's been googling Maseratis and Porsches since Huddersfield.
[Post edited 18 May 8:37]

Dinky or Matchbox?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

All this work to get Premier League ready on 17:11 - May 18 with 667 viewsstonojnr

Well to think our floodlights were UEFA level in 2002, and prob still in 2013 when England played, and now their half the Premiership "standard".

But his whole reason for buying the club was to cash in with the Premier league, he'd have absolutely funded it, and you can do amazing things with builders if you pay them enough.

Which is no doubt how we're getting things done now :)

Saw they were digging up the training ground car park yesterday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024