Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna 21:11 - May 20 with 9725 viewsSitfcB

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/20/brighton-pushing-to-sea
[Post edited 20 May 21:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:15 - May 20 with 4797 viewsGuthrum

Wonder if we're the kind of new challenge De Zerbi wants?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:15 - May 20 with 4789 viewsBseaBlue

Don't want it to happen of course but wouldn't be disappointed with Edwards as a replacement
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:16 - May 20 with 4717 viewsberkstractorboy

Just hope it happens quickly if its going to happen.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:16 - May 20 with 4712 viewspointofblue

Here's the additional problem when it comes to McKenna's thought process - I don't really want Edwards. Luton went down on a very low number of points, all things considered. Why would he succeed here when he failed there? His record at Watford was hardly brilliant either.

Yet, that would be the mindset of other clubs towards McKenna if he takes us down. Of course, if he keeps us up his stock would be higher.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:17 - May 20 with 4654 viewsKieran_Knows

This Edwards link bugs me. His football is crap.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:18 - May 20 with 4609 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:15 - May 20 by BseaBlue

Don't want it to happen of course but wouldn't be disappointed with Edwards as a replacement

Would be devastated with Edwards. Not even close to McKenna and never will be. Only ever seen aggressive direct football from Luton. No thanks.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:18 - May 20 with 4594 viewsBseaBlue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:17 - May 20 by Kieran_Knows

In all honesty though mate, everyone's football will be crap in comparison to KMac.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:18 - May 20 with 4580 viewsibbleobble

😂😂😂

Jacob Steinberg has just had an article published saying absolutely nothing and speculating on jobs that aren’t even vacant. FFS. Has anyone asked Kieran? Anyone got his number? I think he might have a say in what he wants to do more than Tony Bloom.
Login to get fewer ads

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:18 - May 20 with 4580 viewsnodge_blue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:15 - May 20 by Guthrum

Wonder if we're the kind of new challenge De Zerbi wants?

If this does happen the players will be flat, the fans will be flat. Our bubble burst pretty quickly.

So disappointed in KM if it happens. I thought he had time on his side and a high level of integrity.

I could understand man u but f@@,k Brighton.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:19 - May 20 with 4534 viewsSitfcB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:17 - May 20 by Kieran_Knows

Maybe Ashton will have another McKenna up his sleeve, but would be more of a risk doing something like that in the Prem compared to doing it in League 1…

COYB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:19 - May 20 with 4518 viewsParky

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:15 - May 20 by BseaBlue

Edwards would be an awful appointment.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:22 - May 20 with 4367 viewsSimonds92

You have to be on a wind up. Bringing it Edwards would be one of the worst decisions we could make as a club. We've built a style of play and brought in players that suit that style. Edwards is the exact opposite of that. Hopefully, if we're as well run as we think we are, that last paragraph really undermines how much these journalists supposedly know.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:22 - May 20 with 4342 viewsGuthrum

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:18 - May 20 by nodge_blue

If this does happen the players will be flat, the fans will be flat. Our bubble burst pretty quickly.

So disappointed in KM if it happens. I thought he had time on his side and a high level of integrity.

I could understand man u but f@@,k Brighton.

Depends who comes in and what he achieves.

In this day and age of rapid managerial turnover, there was always the risk somebody would try to poach an obviously brilliant young prospect.

Besides which, he hasn't gone yet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:23 - May 20 with 4308 viewsFrimleyBlue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:19 - May 20 by SitfcB

Maybe Ashton will have another McKenna up his sleeve, but would be more of a risk doing something like that in the Prem compared to doing it in League 1…

Got to be potter.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:23 - May 20 with 4320 viewsitfc48

Bit of a weird one in some ways for Brighton given they like to take a long term approach. Realistically he’ll be there a year or two max before he goes to a big club.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:24 - May 20 with 4257 viewsSitfcB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:23 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Got to be potter.

Why do I think Moyes wouldn’t be that bad of an idea ffs.

COYB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:24 - May 20 with 4251 viewsDubtractor

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:18 - May 20 by FromReuserWithLove

Would be devastated with Edwards. Not even close to McKenna and never will be. Only ever seen aggressive direct football from Luton. No thanks.

Yeah, I'd definitely have reservations, based on the football he had Luton playing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:24 - May 20 with 4248 viewsibbleobble

Not Emma Hayes?
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:25 - May 20 with 4234 viewsibbleobble

Best piece of advice and most sensible link I’ve seen hit the public domain this week:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswich-town-simon-jordan-urges-kieran-mckenna
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:25 - May 20 with 4212 viewsolimar

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:23 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Got to be potter.

Or Steve Cooper, who had an excellent reputation at Forest and turned them around immediately.
Got eaten up amongst their desire to buy up everyone and everything.

Worth saying that people like Graham Potter and Steve Cooper are managers we would have been miles away from a year ago, so we have made massive progress.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:26 - May 20 with 4085 viewsblueasfook

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:24 - May 20 by SitfcB

Get out

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:26 - May 20 with 4089 viewsStewart27

That article has boiled my p!ss.

The writer hasn’t considered that KM might actually want to stay at Ipswich. Just talking about Chelsea or United being the alternatives.

Has anybody actually spoken to KM?
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:27 - May 20 with 4006 viewsFrimleyBlue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:24 - May 20 by SitfcB

Thank you.

Mine is potter then moyes.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:27 - May 20 with 4006 viewsClutch

If we lose McKenna and appoint the likes of Cooper or even Edwards that will be depressing!
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:28 - May 20 with 4004 viewsitfc48

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:25 - May 20 by olimar

Or Steve Cooper, who had an excellent reputation at Forest and turned them around immediately.
Got eaten up amongst their desire to buy up everyone and everything.

Worth saying that people like Graham Potter and Steve Cooper are managers we would have been miles away from a year ago, so we have made massive progress.

You’d think Cooper learned a lot from that whole experience so would be a good shout. Not sure I buy the Rob Edwards links given how Ashton has managed to keep any transfer news under the radar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024