Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KMc has spoken! 08:58 - May 22 with 4100 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

KMc's comments can be interpreted a number of ways, but given the hysteria i'm happy listening to this interview.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/13141086/kieran-mckenna-non-committal-on-c
KMc has spoken! on 09:43 - May 22 with 985 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

KMc has spoken! on 09:38 - May 22 by Bossy

Not reassuring.

That is exactly what you would say if you didn't want to say anything definitive.

"There was always going to be speculation, but that's not where my focus is tonight".

He's off if a good offer comes in, be in no doubt.

When talking about the future he used the words 'everyone' and 'the club', rather than 'we', also dodged the question about turning down other clubs....

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

KMc has spoken! on 09:44 - May 22 with 963 viewsGuthrum

KMc has spoken! on 09:24 - May 22 by Libero

Very much par for the course- I’m surprised at just how broadly people have lost their heads and decided he’s leaving.

It’s too early in his career for a Chelsea/United.
Brighton would be a no brainer if we failed to get promoted but they’re essentially what we’re aiming for in 2-4 years time, so the value in jumping ship is minimal.
I’d be very shocked to see him leave tbh, there aren’t many clubs like Ipswich Town at the moment and that’s down equally as much to gamechanger and Ashton as it is Kieran McKenna.

I wasn’t alive at the time but my Great Uncle has told me that every summer Sir Bobby was linked with big names- we need to get used to the fact that having one world football’s brightest managerial prospects will mean he is *regularly* linked to other clubs.

Anyway, he’d be crackers to leave- Teddy Bishop is back to full fitness next month.

I think that's just a reflection of how much the club has been transformed since December 2021. Everyone knows McKenna has been a vital part of our shift from the doldrums of League One to the Premier League.

Rightly, everyone is worried about what effect him leaving would have. It's a giant uncertainty at the core of our present status. Yhat worry (like the satges of grief) manifests itself in a number of ways, from outright denial through to rage against the not-yet-departed man.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

KMc has spoken! on 09:44 - May 22 with 961 viewsLibero

KMc has spoken! on 09:35 - May 22 by ElderGrizzly

Which he'd be stupid to do. Why burn any bridges given careers are short-lived.

Exactly, we’re not privy to the conversations that go on behind the scenes.
If McKenna is half as good at managing his career as he is his football team then he will have spoken to representatives of these clubs, formed professional links and given his reasons for deciding to stay at Town while still showing interest in potentially working together in the future.

If he was to then come out and state outright he’s not interested it’s very possible this would be taken poorly/received as a snub by those he may or may not have had conversations with.
It is of course totally hypothetical but this political answer painting the positives for Ipswich Town without dismissing any of the linked clubs in theory keeps everyone happy.
KMc has spoken! on 09:48 - May 22 with 909 viewsGuthrum

KMc has spoken! on 09:41 - May 22 by pointofblue

As someone else said, he uses “we” for the past and “the club” for the future, so perhaps he is slightly mentally detached from us already. Or at least doesn’t want to say anything which will put off potential suitors.

He uses 'the club' a lot in other interviews, too. Besides which it's a lot less impersonal than "Ipswich".

KMc has spoken! on 09:48 - May 22 with 908 viewsdelias_cheesy_flaps

KMc has spoken! on 09:24 - May 22 by Libero

Very much par for the course- I’m surprised at just how broadly people have lost their heads and decided he’s leaving.

It’s too early in his career for a Chelsea/United.
Brighton would be a no brainer if we failed to get promoted but they’re essentially what we’re aiming for in 2-4 years time, so the value in jumping ship is minimal.
I’d be very shocked to see him leave tbh, there aren’t many clubs like Ipswich Town at the moment and that’s down equally as much to gamechanger and Ashton as it is Kieran McKenna.

I wasn’t alive at the time but my Great Uncle has told me that every summer Sir Bobby was linked with big names- we need to get used to the fact that having one world football’s brightest managerial prospects will mean he is *regularly* linked to other clubs.

Anyway, he’d be crackers to leave- Teddy Bishop is back to full fitness next month.

Fortunately in the days of Robson, you had the daily papers as a source of information and local TV and radio, unless you knew someone at the club.

Their was no rampant hysteria, unlike there is in todays social media driven world.

In some situations the old way of information still has an appeal, especially when you read some of the absolute bedwetting posts on this forum!

Blog: This Might Rub You Up the Wrong Way, it Might Not!

KMc has spoken! on 09:53 - May 22 with 854 viewsurbanpenguin

KMc has spoken! on 09:09 - May 22 by Guthrum

He does, however use 'we' throughout, rather than "Ipswich". He's not mentally detached himself from the club.

Does he?
To be devil's advocate, I thought he said "we" when referring to the past seasons and celebration, but when talking about next season twice said "the club".

I think (and obviously hope) he will stay, but if we're doing micro-analysis....
KMc has spoken! on 09:54 - May 22 with 838 viewsurbanpenguin

KMc has spoken! on 09:53 - May 22 by urbanpenguin

Does he?
To be devil's advocate, I thought he said "we" when referring to the past seasons and celebration, but when talking about next season twice said "the club".

I think (and obviously hope) he will stay, but if we're doing micro-analysis....

I now see many others make this observation, apologies!
KMc has spoken! on 09:54 - May 22 with 833 viewsLibero

KMc has spoken! on 09:48 - May 22 by delias_cheesy_flaps

Fortunately in the days of Robson, you had the daily papers as a source of information and local TV and radio, unless you knew someone at the club.

Their was no rampant hysteria, unlike there is in todays social media driven world.

In some situations the old way of information still has an appeal, especially when you read some of the absolute bedwetting posts on this forum!

You that it’s bad here- don’t delve into the dark depths of the ITFC Facebook groups.
Login to get fewer ads

KMc has spoken! on 10:00 - May 22 with 769 viewsbluejacko

It doesn’t matter what he said or didn’t say! There will always people twisting it to their way of thinking🙄
KMc has spoken! on 10:01 - May 22 with 761 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not reassuring.

That is exactly what you would say if you didn't want to say anything definitive.

"There was always going to be speculation, but that's not where my focus is tonight".

There's plenty of doubt. You saying "be in no doubt" means nothing.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

KMc has spoken! on 10:04 - May 22 with 720 viewshype313

KMc has spoken! on 10:01 - May 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

There's plenty of doubt. You saying "be in no doubt" means nothing.

End of the day, no point worrying about or reading too much into what he's saying.

We hope he stays for at least a season, but if he gets offered a huge gig then can't really blame him.

We have a proper structure behind the scenes and I'm in no doubt all scenario's will have been looked at.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

KMc has spoken! on 10:09 - May 22 with 682 viewsOne_Bobby_Petta

“It's been a great journey. I'm two and a half years into a management career, but it's been 16 years of working incredibly hard every day pretty much to be the best coach I can be.

“It's the best thing in the world and I've had good experience as a first-team coach, but to be a manager in the Premier League and go up against great managers is going to be a great challenge and something I can't wait for. This award is one of the most humbling and proudest moments of my life.”

I thought this was more positive
KMc has spoken! on 10:09 - May 22 with 675 viewsPinewoodblue

KMc has spoken! on 10:04 - May 22 by hype313

End of the day, no point worrying about or reading too much into what he's saying.

We hope he stays for at least a season, but if he gets offered a huge gig then can't really blame him.

We have a proper structure behind the scenes and I'm in no doubt all scenario's will have been looked at.

I have a feeling we will do well enough next season, for KMc to believe he can take us even further the following season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

KMc has spoken! on 10:10 - May 22 with 673 viewsRyorry

KMc has spoken! on 09:04 - May 22 by Hackneyblueboy

Yeah saying "the football club will be in a good place going into next season" isn't the same as saying he's looking forward to leading us in the prem next season is it.

That said, it's fairly positive. I think it probably supports what Phil has been saying. Hardly angling for a move away. I suspect he'll want to here what Brighton and/or Chelsea have to say but he'll make a rational decision.

Brighton would seem a strange move (to me!), I’d think Bazza’s comment on the betting thread that he and MUFC are waiting till after the FAC final more likely, but whilst I agree he’s clearly remaining deliberately neutral in his comments, his body language (eyes cast away/down, not looking at interviewer/camera) for most of the duration of that particular question) has me a lot more worried than I was yesterday, I must admit.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

KMc has spoken! on 10:10 - May 22 with 673 viewspointofblue

KMc has spoken! on 10:09 - May 22 by One_Bobby_Petta

“It's been a great journey. I'm two and a half years into a management career, but it's been 16 years of working incredibly hard every day pretty much to be the best coach I can be.

“It's the best thing in the world and I've had good experience as a first-team coach, but to be a manager in the Premier League and go up against great managers is going to be a great challenge and something I can't wait for. This award is one of the most humbling and proudest moments of my life.”

I thought this was more positive

He’ll be a Premier League manager whether he stays or goes.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

KMc has spoken! on 10:13 - May 22 with 632 viewsGuthrum

Interesting the spin the Independent has put on that interview:

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/kieran-mckenna-responds-chelsea-manchester-0859

KMc has spoken! on 10:13 - May 22 with 622 viewsEuropablue

Not reassuring.

Everyone is off if the right offer comes in. I don't know why foreign clubs aren't coming in for KM.
KMc has spoken! on 10:15 - May 22 with 604 viewsmonty_radio

KMc has spoken! on 09:11 - May 22 by GeoffSentence

I think he may be looking at a career in politics once his football days are over.

A politician that actually achieves things? - surely not!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

KMc has spoken! on 10:20 - May 22 with 541 viewsElderGrizzly

KMc has spoken! on 09:44 - May 22 by Libero

Exactly, we’re not privy to the conversations that go on behind the scenes.
If McKenna is half as good at managing his career as he is his football team then he will have spoken to representatives of these clubs, formed professional links and given his reasons for deciding to stay at Town while still showing interest in potentially working together in the future.

If he was to then come out and state outright he’s not interested it’s very possible this would be taken poorly/received as a snub by those he may or may not have had conversations with.
It is of course totally hypothetical but this political answer painting the positives for Ipswich Town without dismissing any of the linked clubs in theory keeps everyone happy.

Absolutely and by taking this approach he won't potentially annoy a fan base who feel like he has rejected their club in the past.

They can appoint someone else and it will all be forgotten until the next vacancy (so in 12 months for Chelsea)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024