Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City have been quick off the mark 12:45 - Jan 6 with 3115 viewsmaccyd9

3 signings already.

So it can be done but it appears you have to be willing to look further than the end of your nose for a signing.
Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:48 - Jan 6 with 2171 viewsGeoffSentence

But are they any good?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:52 - Jan 6 with 2137 viewsKieran_Knows

2 relative unknowns, and one player from this division. Fair play to them, they may be aided by the sale of Luke Freeman, as QPR have made an offer for him.

That said, for all of Bristol's pretty football, and expenditure, they still sit below Ipswich Town (and Douglas) in the table.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:56 - Jan 6 with 2074 viewsBenters

3 you say ? all we get is tired excuses why people wont come here !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:57 - Jan 6 with 2078 viewsIllinoisblue

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:48 - Jan 6 by GeoffSentence

But are they any good?

never mind the quality, they are SIGNINGS

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:58 - Jan 6 with 2052 viewsBenters

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:57 - Jan 6 by Illinoisblue

never mind the quality, they are SIGNINGS

Indeed !

Gentlybentley

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:59 - Jan 6 with 2040 viewsmaccyd9

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:48 - Jan 6 by GeoffSentence

But are they any good?

On paper they are appear to be.

The midfield lad that got has played 150 Bundersliga games and played and scored in the champions league.

The striker they got has 7 goals in 14 for Bosnia.

Admittedly, football is not played on paper or stats but the point im making is that our scouting range seems very narrow which is why perhaps we are often forced to over pay hence why we lose out.
Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:01 - Jan 6 with 2002 viewsxrayspecs

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:52 - Jan 6 by Kieran_Knows

2 relative unknowns, and one player from this division. Fair play to them, they may be aided by the sale of Luke Freeman, as QPR have made an offer for him.

That said, for all of Bristol's pretty football, and expenditure, they still sit below Ipswich Town (and Douglas) in the table.

City are sitting on a pile of cash from the Kodja sale. Lansdown invested an extra £15m this summer for fees and wages, which they spent. With Kodja leaving just before the deadline, they still have this cash to splash too.

I see that Reading are spending £4m on a centre half. After Lookman going for £11m, Rhodes being touted around at £10m, it does make you wonder what we can actually afford as the Murphy money is not going to go far.
Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:03 - Jan 6 with 1968 viewstaximan

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:01 - Jan 6 by xrayspecs

City are sitting on a pile of cash from the Kodja sale. Lansdown invested an extra £15m this summer for fees and wages, which they spent. With Kodja leaving just before the deadline, they still have this cash to splash too.

I see that Reading are spending £4m on a centre half. After Lookman going for £11m, Rhodes being touted around at £10m, it does make you wonder what we can actually afford as the Murphy money is not going to go far.

is the mings money still in the kitty ?
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:03 - Jan 6 with 1965 viewsBenters

The Murphy money has gone ..

Gentlybentley

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:03 - Jan 6 with 1973 viewsmaccyd9

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:52 - Jan 6 by Kieran_Knows

99% of players are unknowns to many.

But it's not our job to find these players.

Lee Johnson said they had been scouting the striker for 9 months and made their move as soon as the window opened.

Our european scouting under Mick and Bowman have amounted to Bajner, Bru, Polish Pete & Oar.Doubt we've spent 9 hours scouting that lot.
Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:04 - Jan 6 with 1960 viewsmonty_radio

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:56 - Jan 6 by Benters

Probably because we aren't paying enough? Possibly because Bristol have a manager who is still up and coming, and the whole Ipswich project looks stale.

And ,if location plays any part: Ipswich or Bristol? Hmm - let me think over that choice for a full couple of seconds please!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:04 - Jan 6 with 1954 viewsSomethingBlue

I've seen quite a lot of Đurić, funnily enough — always thought he'd be good for a Championship club, wouldn't have minded seeing what he could do here.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:04 - Jan 6 with 1945 viewsKieran_Knows

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:03 - Jan 6 by maccyd9

Lee Johnson said they had been scouting the striker for 9 months and made their move as soon as the window opened.

Our european scouting under Mick and Bowman have amounted to Bajner, Bru, Polish Pete & Oar.Doubt we've spent 9 hours scouting that lot.

Very true indeed.

As I said, fair play to them. They seem to have a good 'model' off the pitch, but that doesn't seem to translate on the pitch for them.

Ha, very good point! Still, early days in the transfer window, i'm sure we'll make a signing or 2 before too long.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 13:06]

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:05 - Jan 6 with 1940 viewsmaccyd9

Thats my point.

The domestic market has left us behind and we now have to sign those players that most championship clubs sign once they've done it.

Or, we need to look to foreign shores which we seem incapable or unwilling to do.
Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:05 - Jan 6 with 1920 viewsBenters

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:03 - Jan 6 by taximan

is the mings money still in the kitty ?

wages innit

Gentlybentley

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:06 - Jan 6 with 1908 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 12:56 - Jan 6 by Benters

All three are foreigners Benters

Taking the jobs of Brits innit?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:07 - Jan 6 with 1901 viewstaximan

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:05 - Jan 6 by Benters

wages innit

damn it

how are other clubs able to sign players, and also pay their wages ?

baffling
Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:07 - Jan 6 with 1901 viewsmaccyd9

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:04 - Jan 6 by Kieran_Knows

Very true indeed.

As I said, fair play to them. They seem to have a good 'model' off the pitch, but that doesn't seem to translate on the pitch for them.

Ha, very good point! Still, early days in the transfer window, i'm sure we'll make a signing or 2 before too long.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 13:06]

I think we will too, but I just wonder about the quality we are looking at.

Mick has already said he wants players with championship experience. That already to me doesn't bode well because we cannot take good players from championship clubs.

The value is abroad.
Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:09 - Jan 6 with 1887 viewsmaccyd9

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:04 - Jan 6 by SomethingBlue

I've seen quite a lot of Đurić, funnily enough — always thought he'd be good for a Championship club, wouldn't have minded seeing what he could do here.

I've seen nothing of him tbh but on paper he looks ideal for Mick.
Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:10 - Jan 6 with 1848 viewsKieran_Knows

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:07 - Jan 6 by maccyd9

I think we will too, but I just wonder about the quality we are looking at.

Mick has already said he wants players with championship experience. That already to me doesn't bode well because we cannot take good players from championship clubs.

The value is abroad.

True, but if the links are true, Ward, Woodrow and Power are all good, and young players at this level. Let's see if Evans will put his money where his mouth is!

I think we'll probably be looking at that type of players who's contracts are up in the summer, and try and get them for knock down fees, which isn't always a bad thing.

Totally agree with value being abroad.

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:10 - Jan 6 with 1845 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:07 - Jan 6 by taximan

damn it

how are other clubs able to sign players, and also pay their wages ?

baffling

Mick tells Evans who he wants

Evans is then in charge of signing them

Mick has already said he's given a list to ME. So Evans yet again is the problem

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:11 - Jan 6 with 1830 viewshype313

Judging by their position they need another 3 more.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:14 - Jan 6 with 1786 viewsiamipswich

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:03 - Jan 6 by maccyd9

I believe you've forgotten the great Larsen Touré.

Poll: Who will return first?

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:16 - Jan 6 with 1772 viewsLankHenners

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:10 - Jan 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Mick tells Evans who he wants

Evans is then in charge of signing them

Mick has already said he's given a list to ME. So Evans yet again is the problem

Not as simple as that. Mick advises Evans what the limits are based on what he thinks they are worth - Evans was happy to put 7 figure bids in for players in August but they didn't come off due to the other club wanting a replacement first (how novel) or Mick saying he wasn't worth that much.

A better negotiator than Evans may have seen a couple of deals come off but Mick's imposing his own limitations on the deals as well - if you want to fling fault at someone it's both of them, if anything more Mick than Evans.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:16 - Jan 6 with 1753 viewsBenters

Bristol City have been quick off the mark on 13:06 - Jan 6 by The_Romford_Blue

All three are foreigners Benters

Taking the jobs of Brits innit?

How is Uni going ?

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024