Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oi Benters 21:47 - Jan 9 with 4181 viewsLord_Lucan

Ever thought of becoming a teacher?

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/the_challenge_of_teaching_over_4_000_pupils_wh

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Oi Benters on 21:58 - Jan 9 with 2894 viewsFtnfwest

He's actually got a head start being Welsh
Oi Benters on 22:04 - Jan 9 with 2876 viewsfooters

Isn't knowing English a prerequisite ? !

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Oi Benters on 22:13 - Jan 9 with 2856 viewsLord_Lucan

Oi Benters on 22:04 - Jan 9 by footers

Isn't knowing English a prerequisite ? !

Not for The English it isn't, going by this board anyway.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Oi Benters on 22:29 - Jan 9 with 2811 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Benters is fluent in English himself.

Poll: Best Football Song

Oi Benters on 00:09 - Jan 10 with 2746 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oi Benters on 22:29 - Jan 9 by RoyKeanesDog

Benters is fluent in English himself.

Coffee ?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Oi Benters on 05:36 - Jan 10 with 2689 viewsBenters

Good morning my space cadet friend.

Heres one for you,about 10 years ago i was working on a School in Bermondsey,the children at the school had 40 different languages,my mate was a old proper old rocker and covered from head to foot in tattoos.

Anyway we had to sign a form to say we wouldnt speak to the sprogs and if we even said hello we would be out the gate.

One day we were sitting outside in the sun having a lunch break and my mate just blurted out to a teacher leading a class load of sprogs across to another classroom,can all those children speak English ?

Within 1 hour he was out no messing gone !

On a happier note there was a smashing cafe on the main road though Bermondsey,that did the finest full English i have ever had and it was run by foreigners? How does that work ?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 7:34]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Oi Benters on 05:41 - Jan 10 with 2679 viewsBenters

Oi Benters on 00:09 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Coffee ?

There you go Rommy a fine career for you ? Maybe do that at Uni be a teacher ?

Its got to be better than wasting your days on here posting look at me threads 24/7 ?

Look at me a simpleton land worker,this time last year i had 2 gardens to care for,now i have close on 14 and i may have more coming in this year !

Must go ive got to load my pickup for the days work.

Gentlybentley

Oi Benters on 07:01 - Jan 10 with 2641 viewstaximan

Oi Benters on 05:41 - Jan 10 by Benters

There you go Rommy a fine career for you ? Maybe do that at Uni be a teacher ?

Its got to be better than wasting your days on here posting look at me threads 24/7 ?

Look at me a simpleton land worker,this time last year i had 2 gardens to care for,now i have close on 14 and i may have more coming in this year !

Must go ive got to load my pickup for the days work.

there is a lot of satisfaction in building up something from nothing

well played
Login to get fewer ads

Oi Benters on 07:07 - Jan 10 with 2634 viewsBenters

Oi Benters on 07:01 - Jan 10 by taximan

there is a lot of satisfaction in building up something from nothing

well played

Thank you dear chap .

I have always worked hard be it in the building trade or now this new adventure in my life.

Did i tell you by the age of 18 i bought my first barnd new Toyota Hilux .

Mind you i did start work at 15 .
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 7:12]

Gentlybentley

Oi Benters on 07:35 - Jan 10 with 2563 viewsBenters

Oi Benters on 21:58 - Jan 9 by Ftnfwest

He's actually got a head start being Welsh

Half breed innit

Gentlybentley

Oi Benters on 07:35 - Jan 10 with 2563 viewstaximan

Oi Benters on 07:07 - Jan 10 by Benters

Thank you dear chap .

I have always worked hard be it in the building trade or now this new adventure in my life.

Did i tell you by the age of 18 i bought my first barnd new Toyota Hilux .

Mind you i did start work at 15 .
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 7:12]

old school mentality

i believe that is the correct description
Oi Benters on 07:39 - Jan 10 with 2552 viewsBenters

Oi Benters on 07:35 - Jan 10 by taximan

old school mentality

i believe that is the correct description

Thanks i have to go out now into the real World.

Gentlybentley

Oi Benters on 08:29 - Jan 10 with 2493 viewsitfcjoe

In all seriousness, how on earth does this work.

I think we'd be better of with intensive language classes for these kids to get them up to an acceptable level before starting school, either in their correct year or a year behind.

Kids learn quickly and would presumably help everyone - kids with English as 1st language, kids without and teachers.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oi Benters on 08:57 - Jan 10 with 2437 viewsHereford_Blue

Good to see the St Matthew's uniform doesn't appear to have changed in the last 25 years or so. Wonder if Miss Grosvenor's still there?
Oi Benters on 09:05 - Jan 10 with 2410 viewsGunnsAirkick

Oi Benters on 08:29 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

In all seriousness, how on earth does this work.

I think we'd be better of with intensive language classes for these kids to get them up to an acceptable level before starting school, either in their correct year or a year behind.

Kids learn quickly and would presumably help everyone - kids with English as 1st language, kids without and teachers.

It would surely help with integration too, if you come to live in this country surely learning the language should be a high priority? *Insert joke about Brits living in Spain here. *
Oi Benters on 09:32 - Jan 10 with 2354 viewsitfcjoe

Oi Benters on 09:05 - Jan 10 by GunnsAirkick

It would surely help with integration too, if you come to live in this country surely learning the language should be a high priority? *Insert joke about Brits living in Spain here. *

Especially when a lot of these kids are coming from families where the parents don't speak the language so don't get to practice much at home

Oi Benters on 09:33 - Jan 10 with 2352 viewseireblue

Oi Benters on 05:36 - Jan 10 by Benters

Heres one for you,about 10 years ago i was working on a School in Bermondsey,the children at the school had 40 different languages,my mate was a old proper old rocker and covered from head to foot in tattoos.

Anyway we had to sign a form to say we wouldnt speak to the sprogs and if we even said hello we would be out the gate.

One day we were sitting outside in the sun having a lunch break and my mate just blurted out to a teacher leading a class load of sprogs across to another classroom,can all those children speak English ?

On a happier note there was a smashing cafe on the main road though Bermondsey,that did the finest full English i have ever had and it was run by foreigners? How does that work ?

Foreigners know how to fry stuff!

It is a brave new world.
Oi Benters on 10:09 - Jan 10 with 2315 viewsLord_Lucan

Oi Benters on 09:05 - Jan 10 by GunnsAirkick

They are learning the language.

I found it quite heartwarming that they are learning it and seem to be doing very well. Kids brains are like sponges, they learn very quickly.

I started Spanish classes last year and it soon became obvious that I would be dead before I had a great command of it.

Oi Benters on 10:14 - Jan 10 with 2294 viewsvapour_trail

Oi Benters on 09:32 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

Especially when a lot of these kids are coming from families where the parents don't speak the language so don't get to practice much at home

Lucan is right. My daughter went to school in tooting and there were a lot of kids with parents that spoke little English and they tended to crack on and soak it all up.

The school ran English lessons for the parents, which I imagine were less succesful.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Oi Benters on 10:17 - Jan 10 with 2279 viewsjeera

So what you're saying is, your mate couldn't follow one simple instruction.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oi Benters on 10:18 - Jan 10 with 2278 viewsitfcjoe

Oi Benters on 10:14 - Jan 10 by vapour_trail

Lucan is right. My daughter went to school in tooting and there were a lot of kids with parents that spoke little English and they tended to crack on and soak it all up.

The school ran English lessons for the parents, which I imagine were less succesful.

I'm sure they would - kids are great at it....I just think if they are fresh over with tiny amounts of English a 2-3 month intensive language course to get them up to a standard would help them when to integrate into main classes, including helping those already in it.

In 2-3 months, most kids will be basically fluent

Oi Benters on 10:19 - Jan 10 with 2273 viewsartsbossbeard

Oi Benters on 10:09 - Jan 10 by Lord_Lucan

They are learning the language.

I found it quite heartwarming that they are learning it and seem to be doing very well. Kids brains are like sponges, they learn very quickly.

I started Spanish classes last year and it soon became obvious that I would be dead before I had a great command of it.

I've got 2x lads who play footy for me.

1 is half Spanish and he dips in and out of English & Spanish with his Mum (mainly Spanish speaking) and his Dad (British). It really is a joy to witness.

The other lad is Lithuanian, who speaks English absolutely perfectly and with a bit of a Suffolk twang too. His M&D always apologise to me for their lack of English skills but they are learning and love living over here. I know for a fact that he translate my emails about matches/training to them presently but they are getting better with reading for themselves now.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oi Benters on 10:19 - Jan 10 with 2270 viewsitfcjoe

Oi Benters on 10:17 - Jan 10 by jeera

So what you're saying is, your mate couldn't follow one simple instruction.

He was told he wasn't allowed to speak to the kids but 'spoke' to the teacher....

Oi Benters on 10:43 - Jan 10 with 2226 viewsJ2BLUE

Well i'm English and I can't even fry an egg.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oi Benters on 10:45 - Jan 10 with 2215 viewsLord_Lucan

Oi Benters on 10:19 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

He was told he wasn't allowed to speak to the kids but 'spoke' to the teacher....

He sounds like a right hoot.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024