Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... 20:37 - Jan 18 with 1682 viewsBanburyBlue

never been that impressed with him really but never seen him so poor and bullied by what could only be described as a very average striker! Best he goes to Hearts now.

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:39 - Jan 18 with 1660 viewsTIB

Rhead destroyed Berra last night. To be fair we won nothing in the air...I even saw Hawkridge win a header and he's like 5'7.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:40 - Jan 18 with 1641 viewsLankHenners

"never been that impressed with him"

Christ some people are hard to please.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:41 - Jan 18 with 1629 viewsThisIsMyUsername

He just looks shot to bits confidence-wise. I wouldn't blame him if that's the main reason why he wants to go back to Scotland (if you believe the rumours). Just to go back somewhere where he feels inside his comfort zone and where he can enjoy playing football again. I don't get the impression when I watch him that he's enjoying it currently.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:48 - Jan 18 with 1566 viewsIllinoisblue

if you were a neutral you wouldn't know Berra was the experienced player and Digby the novice.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:54 - Jan 18 with 1518 viewscbower

Being on the left of a three really exposes his technical limitations and his vulnerability to players running at him. However, his inability to deal with Rhead and his physicality is quite hard to fathom. The first 30 minutes were horrific from Berra. He was a bit better after that. Sometimes the end for a player at a certain level is gradual, for others it comes quickly. He has been a good servant though imo.

bluescouser

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:54 - Jan 18 with 1517 viewsemergencylime

If he's seen/heard of the Hearts story its probably unsettled him, he did look a bit slower than i remember seeing him. He's been solid for us but i think he knows he's off in the summer.

I thought Digby gave a good account of himself on what was a fairly tough night. If him, Chambo, Webster & Smith and academy are fighting for 2 or 3 centre back places we can plough the funds (fingers crossed) into midfield.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:55 - Jan 18 with 1509 viewsWicklowBlue

Trying my very best to be constructive here. Watching Berra last night I felt that anyone who can sprint would cause him problems and probably why he feels the need to grab players all the time. I actually thought after the first 20mins change it move him into the centre of the three or change to a 4 4 2 to press our team up onto theirs. The gaps in behind our wing backs and between the defence, midfield and forwards was huge and pretty much gave them the freedom of the park. Each area was totally disjointed from the other.

Agree confidence is shot leading to panic whenever the ball was within a foot of the player we played like it was a hot potato...i.e. bloody hell get it away from me Im not going to responsible for making a mistake.

Regardless if players cannot be composed and trust their skillset against non league opposition then when can they????

Also I was looking at Rhead and actually thought I am in better physical shape than him (although I would have zero skill or height). That made me even more frustrated.

It was cack and the lack of tactical or personnel changes at half time was criminal. I get the cups arent our bread and butter but the what about personal pride from the entire team and management?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 20:57]
Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 21:04 - Jan 18 with 1405 viewsStNeotsBlue

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:54 - Jan 18 by cbower

Being on the left of a three really exposes his technical limitations and his vulnerability to players running at him. However, his inability to deal with Rhead and his physicality is quite hard to fathom. The first 30 minutes were horrific from Berra. He was a bit better after that. Sometimes the end for a player at a certain level is gradual, for others it comes quickly. He has been a good servant though imo.

His 1st half display was as bad as any I've seen recently, he got bullied and looked panic stricken anytime he got the ball. 2nd half I thought he did ok.

The majority of our players looked shot last night, Lawrence and on occasion Emmanuel were the only two who looked capable of creating anything.
Login to get fewer ads

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 21:08 - Jan 18 with 1376 viewsColchesterBlue1985

His been dog poo now for 12 months maybe more but now he is making costly errors in pretty much every game. It's fine for MM to say we can't afford for him to go but we can't afford for him to stay if that's now his attitude. He may not have downed tools in the same way payet has done but in my mind his just as distracted and has become a liability and with Webster injury too centre back is now a top priority to sort out.
Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 21:09 - Jan 18 with 1361 viewsBluespeed225

His head is gone, Town wise, and that showed Saturday for Blackburns equalizer. Watch it again, 4 options, took none of them and put us in trouble. Macauley and Norris were the same in 11', the norwich game in particular. We couldn't be relegated, they just didn't show up, they knew they were off in a month. Best to cut ties now or it will lead to more problems in weeks to come.
Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 21:24 - Jan 18 with 1291 viewsmichaeldownunder

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 21:08 - Jan 18 by ColchesterBlue1985

His been dog poo now for 12 months maybe more but now he is making costly errors in pretty much every game. It's fine for MM to say we can't afford for him to go but we can't afford for him to stay if that's now his attitude. He may not have downed tools in the same way payet has done but in my mind his just as distracted and has become a liability and with Webster injury too centre back is now a top priority to sort out.

Playing in a back three just is not for him.
I can Remember George Burley trying a system like this in one game he changed it after 20 min and took off Wilnes and changed it to a back four. Mick should have done the same, infact knowing how Lincoln played in the first match he should never have started with this system.

Berra always seems to have a handful of the strikers shirt, I don't know how he gets away with it so often.

With the players we have aval for sat Town will have to play 442

Chambers and Berra in the middle
Too soon for the new guy? so will have to play Jonas and Josh as the fullbacks
Skuse covering the back four
bru, Dozzell, and Ward/Sears (who could play upfront or wide)
Lawrence in a free role behind Moore
Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 21:24 - Jan 18 with 1292 viewsRobTheMonk

Confidence is shot. About 10 minutes in their keeper has a kick and it bounces. Berra has time to bring it down and pass in to Gerkin. Hoofs it into touch. It was laughable like many things last night. I showed my workmate who is an ex professional (used to play for Blackburn) and he started laughing and said "What the hell did he do that for?". I will forever remember that half as the Special Brew half.
Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 22:06 - Jan 18 with 1159 views3_5_2

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:41 - Jan 18 by ThisIsMyUsername

He just looks shot to bits confidence-wise. I wouldn't blame him if that's the main reason why he wants to go back to Scotland (if you believe the rumours). Just to go back somewhere where he feels inside his comfort zone and where he can enjoy playing football again. I don't get the impression when I watch him that he's enjoying it currently.

Totally agree. He has a child in Scotland and shoots off asap after very game to go home ( don't blame him) if he has been offered the chance to go the Hearts or wherever, this may have been changed with Websters injury. Just guessing but he is playing like someone who has lost confidence of just doesn't want to be there.

Shame as he was very good for us at one time.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 22:14 - Jan 18 with 1093 viewsbournemouthblue

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 20:48 - Jan 18 by Illinoisblue

if you were a neutral you wouldn't know Berra was the experienced player and Digby the novice.

Digby and Chambers looked very comfortable, that was one of the few positives from last night?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 22:20 - Jan 18 with 1052 viewsGarv

Why was Berra so poor against Lincoln..... on 21:09 - Jan 18 by Bluespeed225

His head is gone, Town wise, and that showed Saturday for Blackburns equalizer. Watch it again, 4 options, took none of them and put us in trouble. Macauley and Norris were the same in 11', the norwich game in particular. We couldn't be relegated, they just didn't show up, they knew they were off in a month. Best to cut ties now or it will lead to more problems in weeks to come.

Best defender in the division remember.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024