Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think those two interview pieces 17:58 - Jan 19 with 2978 viewsJakeITFC

Have McCarthy coming across really well.

It's easy in all of this to become so entrenched one way or another in an opinion about a player, manager or owner and to let that fuzz things up a little in such a way that we act irrationally or say things out of turn.

It looks as though he's going to be our manager until the end of the year (and probably no more) and the stuff from the club (as sceptical as we all may be) is promising about buying the right players and blooding the youths.

I'd like the rest of the season to be a free shot for everybody. For ME to put his hand in his pocket and buy some good will from the fans, from the players, young and old, to show why they should be playing here, for McCarthy to repair some of the damage done to his legacy, and for us, the fans, to get behind it all in a big way.

If we are serious about going about things in a different way at this level, the next 18 months are important on and off the field. So I just hope that everybody is onboard and that the club finally start to deliver on promises.
I think those two interview pieces on 18:03 - Jan 19 with 2090 viewsLankHenners

I like the way he implies that if he's off, he'll make sure the youngsters are relatively well bedded in to the team so they've got a bit of experience and grit behind them in preparation for next season, regardless of who's in charge.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I think those two interview pieces on 18:12 - Jan 19 with 2039 viewstextbackup

So if he is here until end of the season I'd like for him to make this 100% known, because firstly i want to know that the new man will be given from the day after the season ends to prepare for a pre season and the season ahead.
(Knowing ME he'll sit with thumb up arse and MM will tell him goodbye on July 20th!)

And secondly I need to seriously consider my ST of MM remains, that's not a threat as the club wouldn't give two fcks, and not asking them to, but for me personally I need to make that decision

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I think those two interview pieces on 18:15 - Jan 19 with 2013 viewsIllinoisblue

this together with Chambo''s many honest thoughts before the Blackburn game serve as a decent rallying cry - if only we hadn't got humiliated by a non-league team in the meantime.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I think those two interview pieces on 18:17 - Jan 19 with 1995 viewsSitfcB

I think those two interview pieces on 18:12 - Jan 19 by textbackup

So if he is here until end of the season I'd like for him to make this 100% known, because firstly i want to know that the new man will be given from the day after the season ends to prepare for a pre season and the season ahead.
(Knowing ME he'll sit with thumb up arse and MM will tell him goodbye on July 20th!)

And secondly I need to seriously consider my ST of MM remains, that's not a threat as the club wouldn't give two fcks, and not asking them to, but for me personally I need to make that decision

If, and it's a big If of course, we are really going for it at the start of the season and around Christmas time we are top 6 and flying, how would you feel if do cancel your S/t?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I think those two interview pieces on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 1991 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I would hope in two years time, like the wolves fans do now, he's seen as a good manager for us with the fans

Far more good times than bad IMO
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 18:18]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I think those two interview pieces on 18:19 - Jan 19 with 1969 viewsLuk38644

I think those two interview pieces on 18:17 - Jan 19 by SitfcB

If, and it's a big If of course, we are really going for it at the start of the season and around Christmas time we are top 6 and flying, how would you feel if do cancel your S/t?

That's a big if mate and, as much as I want him to succeed here, I can't see us doing it under Mick anymore.

I personally won't give up my ST regardless of what happens, but I can;t begrudge anyone who decides too, especially after this season.
I think those two interview pieces on 18:22 - Jan 19 with 1942 viewsvapour_trail

When he spoke about gaining perspective with age, I immediately thought of a cohort on here who that clearly hasn't happened for, that find the need to be personally abusive to the bloke every time we lose 90 minutes of football.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I think those two interview pieces on 18:23 - Jan 19 with 1939 viewsJakeITFC

I'd agree those are fair concerns and questions, and some clarity would be good.

But I guess the flip side is that players would be put off joining here, our current squad might not give it everything if they know he's going etc. It's a difficult balance.

The fact that hardcore fans like yourself are considering not going is a massive problem that needs to be addressed, though. Football clubs in general have been managed horrendously for decades and have relied on that bugging feeling in the back of the heads of mugs like us that keep turning up regardless (which Sitters alludes to above). When that core fan base starts to dwindle, the tide may well have turned in a way that might never come back.
Login to get fewer ads

I think those two interview pieces on 18:25 - Jan 19 with 1917 viewsSitfcB

I think those two interview pieces on 18:19 - Jan 19 by Luk38644

That's a big if mate and, as much as I want him to succeed here, I can't see us doing it under Mick anymore.

I personally won't give up my ST regardless of what happens, but I can;t begrudge anyone who decides too, especially after this season.

But, but, there has to be a chance?

Agree though.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I think those two interview pieces on 18:25 - Jan 19 with 1916 viewstextbackup

I think those two interview pieces on 18:17 - Jan 19 by SitfcB

I'd be gutted, obviously, and I'd still make it to plenty of games. (But without wishing to bore you to tears) I'm using maybe 70/80 hours annual leave a season to get to home gnes, and also putting childcare responsibilities on my parents and in laws other weekends. So I need to weigh it all up. If a new man comes in and it gives me an instant buzz then I'll end up renewing and carrying on... and I'll face the situations above when they come up
People take breaks from football, see it spoken about on here a lot, guess it's more difficult these days due to forums, twitter etc, I'd never truly switch off

I think those two interview pieces on 18:28 - Jan 19 with 1877 viewsLuk38644

I think those two interview pieces on 18:25 - Jan 19 by SitfcB

But, but, there has to be a chance?

Agree though.

Normally when it goes t*ts up, like Keane or Jewell, I'm angry, but I just feel a bit sad at the moment because Mick brought us the best season we have had for the past 12years and it seemed like we were on the up, but this season, we've just imploded.
I think those two interview pieces on 18:29 - Jan 19 with 1872 viewstextbackup

I think those two interview pieces on 18:18 - Jan 19 by The_Romford_Blue

I would hope in two years time, like the wolves fans do now, he's seen as a good manager for us with the fans

Far more good times than bad IMO
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 18:18]

Been thinking about this ' micks good vs bad'

Good - finished 6th
Bad - lost to local rivals 3 times that season and 2 really poor seasons

I think those two interview pieces on 18:32 - Jan 19 with 1844 viewstextbackup

I think those two interview pieces on 18:23 - Jan 19 by JakeITFC

I'd agree those are fair concerns and questions, and some clarity would be good.

But I guess the flip side is that players would be put off joining here, our current squad might not give it everything if they know he's going etc. It's a difficult balance.

The fact that hardcore fans like yourself are considering not going is a massive problem that needs to be addressed, though. Football clubs in general have been managed horrendously for decades and have relied on that bugging feeling in the back of the heads of mugs like us that keep turning up regardless (which Sitters alludes to above). When that core fan base starts to dwindle, the tide may well have turned in a way that might never come back.

That's the thing, we all know of people (15-20 year ST holders) that have packed up mid way through this season, it's fcking painful to see and hear

I think those two interview pieces on 18:32 - Jan 19 with 1844 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think those two interview pieces on 18:29 - Jan 19 by textbackup

Good - finished 6th

Assuming one of those seasons was last season in your opinion, we did still overachieve for the budget set.

So I have to disagree on poor season

And on good you also forgot 'saved us from definite relegation'

I think those two interview pieces on 18:37 - Jan 19 with 1819 viewsBlueBadger

I think those two interview pieces on 18:32 - Jan 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Assuming one of those seasons was last season in your opinion, we did still overachieve for the budget set.

So I have to disagree on poor season

And on good you also forgot 'saved us from definite relegation'

The main thing that annoys me at the moment is the attitude of the EADT.

I've said for a while now, that this season has echoes of the Last Days Of Magilton, a time in which a stuttering side, managed by a broadly competent if arguably unexciting manager were absolutely pilloried by the local press. Now, compare and contrast that with the utter lack of concern they showed for the most part during the Keane and Jewell years.
Shameless, opportunist hacks.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I think those two interview pieces on 18:44 - Jan 19 with 1766 viewsLankHenners

I think those two interview pieces on 18:37 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

The main thing that annoys me at the moment is the attitude of the EADT.

I've said for a while now, that this season has echoes of the Last Days Of Magilton, a time in which a stuttering side, managed by a broadly competent if arguably unexciting manager were absolutely pilloried by the local press. Now, compare and contrast that with the utter lack of concern they showed for the most part during the Keane and Jewell years.
Shameless, opportunist hacks.

I'm not sure they're that bad - I think they're aware that bringing up the negative side of things in tough times will get more of their papers sold/pages clicked so in that respect I agree with the opportunist bit.

Individually I think Stuart Watson does a good job of presenting both sides of the argument, and comes across just as frustrated as the rest of us when things aren't going so well.

I think those two interview pieces on 18:49 - Jan 19 with 1712 viewsBlueBadger

I think those two interview pieces on 18:44 - Jan 19 by LankHenners

I'm not sure they're that bad - I think they're aware that bringing up the negative side of things in tough times will get more of their papers sold/pages clicked so in that respect I agree with the opportunist bit.

Individually I think Stuart Watson does a good job of presenting both sides of the argument, and comes across just as frustrated as the rest of us when things aren't going so well.

I don't think he's as outwardly hostile as the Deckchair was to Magilton but I certainly think that he could do with being a dan sight more consistent, particularly given the near free pass that Keane(no wins in fifteen, terrible football, woeful signings) and Jewell(allegedly 'good' football, urrerly incoherent transfer strategy, Lee Bowyer, near relegation) got off of him.
For what it's worth, I'm not convinced Mick'll be here next season, but he won't be going anywhere till June if he does go. I suspect a strong run from now till May might see him stay, but I can't really see that happening either.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I think those two interview pieces on 18:57 - Jan 19 with 1667 viewsLankHenners

I think those two interview pieces on 18:49 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

I don't think he's as outwardly hostile as the Deckchair was to Magilton but I certainly think that he could do with being a dan sight more consistent, particularly given the near free pass that Keane(no wins in fifteen, terrible football, woeful signings) and Jewell(allegedly 'good' football, urrerly incoherent transfer strategy, Lee Bowyer, near relegation) got off of him.
For what it's worth, I'm not convinced Mick'll be here next season, but he won't be going anywhere till June if he does go. I suspect a strong run from now till May might see him stay, but I can't really see that happening either.

No, Deckchair is/was a melt and acted accordingly. I can't recall exactly when Watson became chief writer after Dave Gooderham left, but Gooderham was generally very mild mannered in his approach so I guess wasn't as critical of the two idiots and Watson towed that same line. Watson being prepared to be more critical, especially as his boss, Terry Hunt, hasn't hid the fact he's not a fan of Mick's football or Evans' (lack of) investment.

I feel pretty much the same way regarding your 2nd paragraph. Think Mick knows he's reached a point beyond return and a sudden surge in form looks unlikely. We've been too inconsistent to trouble either end of the table all season and I suspect that'll continue to the last day.

I think those two interview pieces on 18:57 - Jan 19 with 1666 viewsReuser_is_God

They (players & manager) can talk all they want but it's results & performances on the pitch that count.

I couldn't give a toss what any of them say anymore, start letting your football do the talking or fcuk off.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I think those two interview pieces on 19:08 - Jan 19 with 1565 viewshampstead_blue

MM will sadly not be at the club to see h the young players flourish and grow.

It isn't his lack of ability to find a player, be honest with us, or his dignity.

The problem lies on the training pitch. He simply cannot get the team playing in a way which suits the players and ethos of the club.

Why not take risks. Skuse can hold the centre. Bishop, Dozzell, Williams will terrify defences if given the chance.

Relax MM, free their minds, and the outcome will be better football.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I think those two interview pieces on 19:17 - Jan 19 with 1512 viewsITFCBlues

Agree 100%.

It's a funny old situation for me. I've been Micks biggest critic over the last 2-3 years, but I can't see a better man for the job & I hope he turns this around. He's a decent bloke & manager. We're working on a very limited budget. One that doesn't allow us to compete in the top 6. In recent weeks we've seen the youngsters given a chance which is what we all wanted. We're suffering badly with injuries which isn't helping.

Yes the style must improve and I'm sure over the months ahead that will change. We can't go from hoof ball to Barcelona overnight.

But right now, we need to get behind the team and Mick. Hopefully he can turn this around & we can put some things in place for next season.

My only gripe at present is our inept attempts to sign players. I can't believe we're almost 3 weeks into the window and have failed to nail a striker. Shambles!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I think those two interview pieces on 19:21 - Jan 19 with 1472 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think those two interview pieces on 19:17 - Jan 19 by ITFCBlues

Agree 100%.

It's a funny old situation for me. I've been Micks biggest critic over the last 2-3 years, but I can't see a better man for the job & I hope he turns this around. He's a decent bloke & manager. We're working on a very limited budget. One that doesn't allow us to compete in the top 6. In recent weeks we've seen the youngsters given a chance which is what we all wanted. We're suffering badly with injuries which isn't helping.

Yes the style must improve and I'm sure over the months ahead that will change. We can't go from hoof ball to Barcelona overnight.

But right now, we need to get behind the team and Mick. Hopefully he can turn this around & we can put some things in place for next season.

My only gripe at present is our inept attempts to sign players. I can't believe we're almost 3 weeks into the window and have failed to nail a striker. Shambles!

Good post

I think those two interview pieces on 19:26 - Jan 19 with 1436 viewsLeoMuff

I think those two interview pieces on 18:29 - Jan 19 by textbackup

Good - finished 6th

I'm assuming you mean last season ? If so How is finishing 7th "really poor" ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:34 - Jan 19 with 1363 viewstextbackup

I think those two interview pieces on 19:26 - Jan 19 by LeoMuff

I'm assuming you mean last season ? If so How is finishing 7th "really poor" ?

I think those two interview pieces on 19:35 - Jan 19 with 1354 viewsKieran_Knows

I think those two interview pieces on 19:17 - Jan 19 by ITFCBlues

Agree 100%.

Good post, the only way out of this is for Mick to turn it around, in my opinion of course. If Mick was to go now, we'd end up with a similar manager, who I'm sure would be Kenny Jackett, and we wouldn't be any better off.

Let's see how the next 10 days or so of this transfer window pan out, and then let's see how the remaining 3 months of the season go. Then get to the summer and reasses how everything is.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024