Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why does MM keep buying wingers 08:10 - Jan 28 with 1474 viewssnipes

What is it with MM and his obsession with wingers. How many has he got in and how many have worked ?
Why can't he see we need a proper forward , one who plays central,wins headers , hassles centre backs , holds up play and most of all scores bloody goals.
Plus a proper creative CM and RB are urgently needed .
Ok spence might turn out to be ok , the Leeds dude isn't what we need but no let's go get another winger instead.
Maybe Rowe will turn out to be a hidden gem , maybe not but what the f##k is
going on at PR behind the scenes
Why does MM keep buying wingers on 08:43 - Jan 28 with 1407 viewsjeera

Do you honestly believe the club is only targeting one position at the deliberate expense of another?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why does MM keep buying wingers on 08:44 - Jan 28 with 1404 viewsSWGF

A centre forward who "wins headers , hassles centre backs , holds up play and most of all scores bloody goals" don't cost £100k from Macclesfield.

It looks like they're trying...how hard they're trying could be open to debate.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Why does MM keep buying wingers on 08:51 - Jan 28 with 1351 viewsTLA

I think his style of play requires wingers and he's tried to bring them in with out much success.

His comments on Daryl Horgan were interesting - he would obviously have commanded a decent wage but I'm sure we could have matched Preston. When MM said he wouldn't dislodge Lawrence, I can understand that, but Lawrence will be here for 3 months and we might have got Horgan for 3 years. I guess it's a short-term view, based on a manager only having unit the end of the season in post.

We clearly are looking for the kind of forward you describe but they seem to be out of range - the price that Hugill is reaching is ridiculous!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 8:52]
Why does MM keep buying wingers on 09:09 - Jan 28 with 1267 viewstextbackup

Isn't this Leeds bloke a box to box midfielder?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why does MM keep buying wingers on 09:12 - Jan 28 with 1252 viewsshamboy

Why does MM keep buying wingers on 09:09 - Jan 28 by textbackup

Isn't this Leeds bloke a box to box midfielder?

Mick had his greatest success at Wolves with raiding wingers Keogh and Kightly. There is the answer to the original question.
Why does MM keep buying wingers on 09:35 - Jan 28 with 1179 viewsGuthrum

We signed a Centre Forward who, by all accounts, looked ok in his first, brief cameo. How about we give Moore a chance before writing him off?

A DCM who is younger, more mobile and potentially better in the role than Douglas was a definite need.

Even if you (prematurely) write off Spence, what about Emmanuel?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why does MM keep buying wingers on 09:35 - Jan 28 with 1179 viewsTractorWood

Why does MM keep buying wingers on 09:12 - Jan 28 by shamboy

Mick had his greatest success at Wolves with raiding wingers Keogh and Kightly. There is the answer to the original question.

Those wingers in the Wolves esque days were more chalk on the boots wingers like say Jarvis. To be an effective winger now you need to be able to cut inside, spot a pass, shoot, run at players and not just sprint to by line and cross it.

This will likely kick McDonnell down the order a bit more, would like to see him given a chance at some point.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Why does MM keep buying wingers on 10:57 - Jan 28 with 1010 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You answered your own question there - we need wingers (amongst other positions) as the ones we've brought in generally aren't good enough...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Why does MM keep buying wingers on 11:01 - Jan 28 with 995 viewsblueblood66

Its all he knows and trusts, he has never been a manager to play creative midfielders who dictate play and demand the ball. He is a dinosaur from a bygone age!
However, I am pleased he has gone for a hungry player in Rowe and even Moore, something to prove, I just hope they are good enough for the Championship.
Why does MM keep buying wingers on 13:29 - Jan 28 with 898 viewsLeoMuff

Why does MM keep buying wingers on 11:01 - Jan 28 by blueblood66

Its all he knows and trusts, he has never been a manager to play creative midfielders who dictate play and demand the ball. He is a dinosaur from a bygone age!
However, I am pleased he has gone for a hungry player in Rowe and even Moore, something to prove, I just hope they are good enough for the Championship.

Bygone age meaning last season ??

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024