Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was expecting more players released than have been 10:56 - Apr 19 with 1729 viewsitfcpaul

Surely Huws could have gone by now and loads of others, but maybe he is giving everyone a chance to shine

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

I was expecting more players released than have been on 10:57 - Apr 19 with 1704 viewshype313

Huws has long gone

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:00 - Apr 19 with 1664 viewsitfcpaul

I was expecting more players released than have been on 10:57 - Apr 19 by hype313

Huws has long gone

I meant officially off the pay roll..............

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:01 - Apr 19 with 1644 viewssaffers12

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:00 - Apr 19 by itfcpaul

I would imagine the Monday after Fleetwood, there will be a very long list
I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:02 - Apr 19 with 1634 viewsitfcpaul

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:01 - Apr 19 by saffers12

I would imagine the Monday after Fleetwood, there will be a very long list

I am sure you are correct

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:03 - Apr 19 with 1615 viewswkj

There are plenty of players who are 'dead men walking'

Last thing you wanna do is tell players you need for the last 5 games that they will be out the door come what may.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:04 - Apr 19 with 1613 viewschicoazul

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:00 - Apr 19 by itfcpaul

They can’t release them as long as they are under contract unless the club and player agree and Huws for one would be mad to do that. Huws hasn’t been at the club for over a month now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:04 - Apr 19 with 1602 viewsGuthrum

Not a lot of point. They can't play for anyone else and paying up contracts would cost the same as keeping them on for the last few weeks.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:07 - Apr 19 with 1581 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:04 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

Not a lot of point. They can't play for anyone else and paying up contracts would cost the same as keeping them on for the last few weeks.

Could we get them the clean the stand roof?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:10 - Apr 19 with 1554 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I would imagine that some have had their contracts paid up and have shipped out.

The costs savings are minimal (insurance, travel, food) but I guess it will easier on the accountants to get the end of year tidied up ahead of schedule.
I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:19 - Apr 19 with 1497 viewswkj

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:10 - Apr 19 by BlueBlueBluex2

I would imagine that some have had their contracts paid up and have shipped out.

The costs savings are minimal (insurance, travel, food) but I guess it will easier on the accountants to get the end of year tidied up ahead of schedule.

There is still a slightly more than mathematic chance we could squeak the playoffs - that is the way Paul Cook will be thinking, and if PC is thinking that - then he will clearly see value in keeping his best available assets in the fray.

The fans may be disillusioned, but if there is still a prize for the fight - any manager who gives up should never be welcome at our club.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:22 - Apr 19 with 1472 viewsDanTheMan

Patience, can't imagine anything else will be announced about the players until after the season is finished.

The only reason we knew about Judge was because of his contract situation.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:24 - Apr 19 with 1447 viewsRadlett_blue

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:04 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

Unless you agree to settle a percentage of their contract, which has 2 advantages for the player.
1. Gives him more time to find a new club.
2. Means he won't get injured while playing for or training at Town.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:35 - Apr 19 with 1339 viewsGuthrum

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:24 - Apr 19 by Radlett_blue

Unless you agree to settle a percentage of their contract, which has 2 advantages for the player.
1. Gives him more time to find a new club.
2. Means he won't get injured while playing for or training at Town.

They can do the first one in the last six months of a contract anyway and for the second, just don't play them. Not sure a player (or their agent) would agree to much of a discount in exchange for that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:39 - Apr 19 with 1309 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:22 - Apr 19 by DanTheMan

Patience, can't imagine anything else will be announced about the players until after the season is finished.

The only reason we knew about Judge was because of his contract situation.

I think there is a degree of doing the decent thing by Judge, too. He's an older player who has had a career-altering injury. His Mum has recently died. His child has health issues. Giving him the chance to take a break and work out his priorities is doing right by him.
I was expecting more players released than have been on 12:09 - Apr 19 with 1169 viewsEdmundo

We need to finish the season with enough players to seem like we're giving it a go... then just watch the announcements roll in. Could a handful more before May, but loads after that.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

I was expecting more players released than have been on 12:27 - Apr 19 with 1077 viewsHARRY10

They are not 'off the payroll' as their contracts have to be honoured.
I was expecting more players released than have been on 12:36 - Apr 19 with 1020 viewsHARRY10

I was expecting more players released than have been on 11:39 - Apr 19 by ArnoldMoorhen

I think there is a degree of doing the decent thing by Judge, too. He's an older player who has had a career-altering injury. His Mum has recently died. His child has health issues. Giving him the chance to take a break and work out his priorities is doing right by him.

err no, playing again entitles him to another contract

so he is not going to play
I was expecting more players released than have been on 12:41 - Apr 19 with 977 viewshype313

I was expecting more players released than have been on 12:36 - Apr 19 by HARRY10

Read above, he can still play without triggering an extension if he comes on as a sub.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 12:42]

I was expecting more players released than have been on 13:02 - Apr 19 with 867 viewsHARRY10

I was expecting more players released than have been on 12:41 - Apr 19 by hype313

Read above, he can still play without triggering an extension if he comes on as a sub.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 12:42]

read posts about injury risk
I was expecting more players released than have been on 14:55 - Apr 19 with 734 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I was expecting more players released than have been on 12:36 - Apr 19 by HARRY10

I meant in releasing him now, rather than asking him to sit around as a bench warmer.
I was expecting more players released than have been on 14:56 - Apr 19 with 728 viewshype313

I was expecting more players released than have been on 13:02 - Apr 19 by HARRY10

read posts about injury risk

It was on another thread, basically he can still play for us as long as he doesn't start without triggering the extra year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024