Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook unveiled tomorrow 22:32 - Feb 9 with 3512 viewsMullet

Probably do him well to go somewhere he's loved and recuperate a bit, see if he can make a go of it again at a decent level.

His failure here hasn't helped either party has it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 22:38 - Feb 9 with 2798 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What saddens me going forward about the Cook situation is how many of our fans will absolutely relish it when Chesterfield inevitably lose a few games under Cook.

He never did anything to disrespect the club so I wish him well going forward. But there will be plenty who hope he fails. Which is a real shame.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 22:39 - Feb 9 with 2763 viewsdominiciawful

Hope he and they do well.

One of a handful of "big" clubs at that level.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 22:41 - Feb 9 with 2741 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's got an assistant already? Least he learned something from his time with us.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 22:48 - Feb 9 with 2688 viewsIllinoisblue

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 22:38 - Feb 9 by The_Romford_Blue

What saddens me going forward about the Cook situation is how many of our fans will absolutely relish it when Chesterfield inevitably lose a few games under Cook.

He never did anything to disrespect the club so I wish him well going forward. But there will be plenty who hope he fails. Which is a real shame.

Well said. He was awful for us, but he’s a decent bloke who obviously has football in his blood. Good luck to him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 23:06 - Feb 9 with 2550 viewsChurchman

I wish him well. I’m sure he will do well too.
Cook unveiled tomorrow on 08:15 - Feb 10 with 2037 viewsBlueBadger

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 23:06 - Feb 9 by Churchman

I wish him well. I’m sure he will do well too.

Found his level, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 08:16 - Feb 10 with 2032 viewssolemio

Why is Mr Cook wearing a veil?
Cook unveiled tomorrow on 08:24 - Feb 10 with 1994 viewsChrisd

Some places just don’t work out for players and managers, but I have no ill feeling towards PC. I hope he does well at Chesterfield, if appointed. When he was unveiled as our manager I was pleased especially when you look at the job he did elsewhere, he was pretty successful and he certainly knew the lower leagues well, so I thought we were in good hands. Hope he has learnt from his errors here and he can get his club management back on track.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 08:37 - Feb 10 with 1926 viewstractorboy1978

Wonder if there is a realisation on his part that an increasing number of clubs in the Championship/L1 are operating within the type of structure we are now. That, and he wants to get straight back on the horse.
Cook unveiled tomorrow on 08:49 - Feb 10 with 1859 viewshype313

I'm staggered he's going there, I know things didn't work out for him here but I would have thought a bottom end Championship club or League one club would take him on.

Good luck to him though, whenever I met him he was always very friendly.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:00 - Feb 10 with 1790 viewsBiGDonnie

Best of luck to him, not a bad guy, but was definitely a conference level manager for us so he's definitely found his level.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:34 - Feb 10 with 1662 viewsBlueBadger

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:00 - Feb 10 by BiGDonnie

Best of luck to him, not a bad guy, but was definitely a conference level manager for us so he's definitely found his level.

Probably the least worst Paul to manage us after (in order of badness) Hurst, Lambert and Jewell.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:37 - Feb 10 with 1644 viewsgordon

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 22:41 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

He's got an assistant already? Least he learned something from his time with us.

Be interesting to see whether Franny Jeffers, the kitman and the rest of the coaches join him to Chesterfield as well.
Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:38 - Feb 10 with 1629 viewsJ2BLUE

Hopefully that won't happen. Didn't happen for him here but he seems a good guy and never disrespected us for a second so hope he does well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:39 - Feb 10 with 1631 viewsitfcjoe

Risky move, and if he has another failure without Richardson alongside him and Wigan continue to flourish it could really harm his stock.

Surely a short term deal until end of season, and therefore promotion or bust - he didn't strike me when he came here as the sort of manager to have a big instant up tick in form.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:41 - Feb 10 with 1613 viewsGuthrum

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 08:49 - Feb 10 by hype313

I'm staggered he's going there, I know things didn't work out for him here but I would have thought a bottom end Championship club or League one club would take him on.

Probably just wants to "get back on the bike" asap, rather than waiting around for a more plum job. Especially as he may not be so keen on taking the rescue-a-basket-case roles which are most easy to obtain at a higher level.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:42 - Feb 10 with 1603 viewstractorboy1978

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:39 - Feb 10 by itfcjoe

Risky move, and if he has another failure without Richardson alongside him and Wigan continue to flourish it could really harm his stock.

Surely a short term deal until end of season, and therefore promotion or bust - he didn't strike me when he came here as the sort of manager to have a big instant up tick in form.

Can't be many (if any) managers that have taken over a club second in the league with a game in hand to go top!
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 9:42]
Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:47 - Feb 10 with 1549 viewshype313

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:42 - Feb 10 by tractorboy1978

Can't be many (if any) managers that have taken over a club second in the league with a game in hand to go top!
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 9:42]

Yep, easy win there, surely he can't mess that up....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:58 - Feb 10 with 1509 viewsHighgateBlue

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:34 - Feb 10 by BlueBadger

Probably the least worst Paul to manage us after (in order of badness) Hurst, Lambert and Jewell.

Let's not start this again, pleeeeeease...

People who like results can like results. People who like cheeky chappies with coffees over dour miserable Scots who actually got better results despite having far less money to spend can like that instead. Let's not rehearse this every time there's news regarding one of them.
Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:59 - Feb 10 with 1499 viewsChrisd

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 08:49 - Feb 10 by hype313

Have a look at some of those clubs in the National League, they are paying out really good money - Stockport, Chesterfield, Halifax and Wrexham to name a few. This idea that these clubs are plucky non-league clubs who play and train part time is far from the truth. They are professional, fulltime outfits whose budgets rival a lot of L1 clubs.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 10:00 - Feb 10 with 1497 viewsHighgateBlue

I don't think that will happen. The vibe is overwhelmingly that he was a decent guy, regardless of our differing views as to how good a job he did here.

Personally I think it's becoming abundantly clear from McKenna's results what kind of a job Cook did here, but I will be willing him to succeed with Chesterfield, and good luck to the guy.
Cook unveiled tomorrow on 10:02 - Feb 10 with 1480 viewsBlueBadger

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 10:00 - Feb 10 by HighgateBlue

I don't think that will happen. The vibe is overwhelmingly that he was a decent guy, regardless of our differing views as to how good a job he did here.

Personally I think it's becoming abundantly clear from McKenna's results what kind of a job Cook did here, but I will be willing him to succeed with Chesterfield, and good luck to the guy.

As I said above, he's definitely more a Jewell than a Hurst or Lambert in the Former Pauls stakes.

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 10:12 - Feb 10 with 1410 viewsChorleyBoy

I'm not sure there'll be many Town fans hoping that he fails at another club, especially a lower league one.

I wanted Cook out because it clearly wasn't working for either him of us, but like you said, he's a good bloke.

I'm not even sure his time here was a TOTAL disaster, I think having him fail here forced our owners/Ashton to think out of the box a little when it came to looking for a successor.
Cook unveiled tomorrow on 10:22 - Feb 10 with 1371 viewsBiGDonnie

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 09:34 - Feb 10 by BlueBadger

I actually think Cook was worse than Jewell and Lambo.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Cook unveiled tomorrow on 10:26 - Feb 10 with 1353 viewsKieran_Knows

Good luck to him.

Clearly a failure here, but a really good guy, hope it works out for him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024