Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... 07:31 - Sep 15 with 2044 viewsDarth_Koont

I wonder if McKenna has toyed with the idea of Leigh as LCB with Davis as LWB. To try out a left-sided version of the Donacien and Burns partnership.

I’m sure McKenna is comfortable with just having Donacien as the spare defender coming into the attack but would be a sight to see down the left too.

Pronouns: He/Him

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:13 - Sep 15 with 1933 viewsMeadowlark

He won all his headers the other night didn't he? Very impressed. Even won a couple he had no right to.
Good call.
With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:30 - Sep 15 with 1875 viewsDubtractor

We've basically been playing 4231 all season, with Donacien as a rb, and Burns doing very little defensively.

I'm pretty certain therefore that we'll see a standard cb replacing Burgess as we can't do that on both sides.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:31 - Sep 15 with 1856 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I'd certainly go with a back 3 of JD - Woolf - Leigh. I think Sheff Wed have got quite a lot of threat with Windass and Mighten having some pace and directness, especially if they get down the channels. JD & Leigh would be my selection personally.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:51 - Sep 15 with 1767 viewsGuthrum

Is Burgess definitely out? Beyond having gone to hospital, I've not seen any official comnent on his condition.

He didn't appear to be knocked out (was moving immediately and up on his knees almost straight away). Couldn't see quantities of blood. Really depends if anything was broken. May be no more than bruising.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:51 - Sep 15 with 1762 viewsKieran_Knows

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:51 - Sep 15 by Guthrum

Is Burgess definitely out? Beyond having gone to hospital, I've not seen any official comnent on his condition.

He didn't appear to be knocked out (was moving immediately and up on his knees almost straight away). Couldn't see quantities of blood. Really depends if anything was broken. May be no more than bruising.

Burgess will be out for a while.

Def info.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:51 - Sep 15 with 1771 viewsitfcjoe

He'll play a CB at CB bearing in mind we basically play 4231 now and we have George Edmundson and Richard Keogh in reserve

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:57 - Sep 15 with 1723 viewsChurchman

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:51 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

He'll play a CB at CB bearing in mind we basically play 4231 now and we have George Edmundson and Richard Keogh in reserve

I hope he does. The defence has been excellent since KMs arrival with or without Burgess. Don’t disturb it any more than you have to. One for one, Edmondson in for me.
With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:58 - Sep 15 with 1718 viewsSitfcB

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:51 - Sep 15 by Kieran_Knows

Def info.

Saw someone on FB say yesterday that he’s out until Christmas and has a few broken bones in his face?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 09:01 - Sep 15 with 1697 viewslurcher

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:58 - Sep 15 by SitfcB

Saw someone on FB say yesterday that he’s out until Christmas and has a few broken bones in his face?

In saw that but not sure it's true. Even with fractures he could be back in 4 weeks and wear a mask. No need to rush him, we have Edmundson and Keogh
With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 09:21 - Sep 15 with 1558 viewsGuthrum

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:51 - Sep 15 by Kieran_Knows

Def info.

In which case that's potentially a rather serious injury. Hopefully not a fractured skull or anything like that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 10:02 - Sep 15 with 1460 viewsFixed_It

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:58 - Sep 15 by SitfcB

If it was on the internet it MUST be true!

Or bollox.

Take your pick!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 10:06 - Sep 15 with 1444 viewschicoazul

Isn’t Davies more of a LCB than Leigh? Think he has played there a few times..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 10:10 - Sep 15 with 1424 viewsclive_baker

You would normally think Edmundson would slot back in for Burgess, although its not ideal that he'll only have played 20 minutes of football in 3 weeks, and even that was off the bench in a nothing game against Northampton.

I think there might be a surprise or 2 on Saturday. Think we'll see Jackson at some stage too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 10:13 - Sep 15 with 1390 viewsSomethingBlue

Wonder if Ball might play there ...

I hope we keep it fairly simple/tried & trusted with the selection — I can see some of our fans galaxy braining it a bit but expect McKenna to be too cute for that. Wednesday are good but so are we so let's not overthink it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 10:14 - Sep 15 with 1384 viewsclive_baker

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:30 - Sep 15 by Dubtractor

We've basically been playing 4231 all season, with Donacien as a rb, and Burns doing very little defensively.

I'm pretty certain therefore that we'll see a standard cb replacing Burgess as we can't do that on both sides.

Not sure why you got a down vote for this, it's certainly been more of a central defensive 2 with JD and LD as attacking fullbacks. Has meant Burns can cheat and effectively create a 3 with Evans & Morsy or Harness & Chaplin more often than now. It's a very fluid system, by design.

KM even said in a recent interview that we've got 4 very good players for 2 positions (referring to the central defenders), which tells you enough about how different he sees JD's role in it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 10:17 - Sep 15 with 1376 viewsDarth_Koont

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 10:06 - Sep 15 by chicoazul

Isn’t Davies more of a LCB than Leigh? Think he has played there a few times..?

Don’t know but possibly. I only remember Leigh was called a left back and a centre back when he signed so I was basing it on that.

The spare CB doesn’t have to be a real CB so I’m sure either Davis or Leigh could do most of it. But Burgess or Edmundson probably makes more sense there if we go with Donacien as the extra man in attack, which we will most of the time.

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 10:41 - Sep 15 with 1262 viewsitfcsuth

You'd think Edmundson is the natural inclusion - played a lot of football in that back 3, and had a lot of good performances under KMc in that role, alongside Woolfenden & Donacien.

Other options of course are available due to strength and versatility of the squad - Keogh, Ball & Leigh all capable understudies I'm sure.
With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 11:24 - Sep 15 with 1099 viewsStewart27

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 10:10 - Sep 15 by clive_baker

You would normally think Edmundson would slot back in for Burgess, although its not ideal that he'll only have played 20 minutes of football in 3 weeks, and even that was off the bench in a nothing game against Northampton.

I think there might be a surprise or 2 on Saturday. Think we'll see Jackson at some stage too.

Hope not.

I’d not change that front 3 in any way at all.

Ladapo was outstanding and Jackson would never replace Chaplin or Harness.
With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 11:42 - Sep 15 with 1027 viewsIllinoisblue

Not sure Sheff Weds away is a game to be experimenting in.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 12:19 - Sep 15 with 950 viewsDarth_Koont

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 11:42 - Sep 15 by Illinoisblue

Not sure Sheff Weds away is a game to be experimenting in.

Very true. I most expect Edmundson or even Keogh to come in for Saturday.

Yeah, this is completely idle musing – and the more I think about it, it’s more an alternative solution if Donacien is unavailable than anything else. He’s so good and well-suited to that role that I can’t see a straight replacement making us as strong in both attack and defence on that flank. So maybe letting the left side have the freedom to get forward would work better if that happens.

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 12:21 - Sep 15 with 942 viewsCityBlue

Keogh in for Cam and Fridge on the bench.

I T I D

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 13:15 - Sep 15 with 823 viewshadleighboyblue

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 08:13 - Sep 15 by Meadowlark

He won all his headers the other night didn't he? Very impressed. Even won a couple he had no right to.
Good call.

Been impressed with Leigh each time I've seen him play . Strong in the air and fast , think he is very unlucky not to have played more .
With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 13:28 - Sep 15 with 765 viewsGarv

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 11:24 - Sep 15 by Stewart27

Hope not.

I’d not change that front 3 in any way at all.

Ladapo was outstanding and Jackson would never replace Chaplin or Harness.

This feels like the biggest game since MK Dons away last year, and Jackson made a surprise start that day. Wouldn't be shocked to see it again but it would be a shame for Ladapo.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 13:59 - Sep 15 with 683 viewsnodge_blue

If Keogh is fit and training well, Id like to see him start. ideal game for an experienced centre half.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 14:00 - Sep 15 with 680 viewsBlackShuckBlue

With Burgess out, it’ll probably be Edmundson straight back in. But ... on 13:28 - Sep 15 by Garv

This feels like the biggest game since MK Dons away last year, and Jackson made a surprise start that day. Wouldn't be shocked to see it again but it would be a shame for Ladapo.

That'll upset a few Radio Suffolk callers!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024