Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 11:13 - Sep 22 with 17816 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:21 - Sep 22 with 4249 viewsVaughan8

Personally I don't think people are punished/banned enough.

Didn't every playoff game last seaosn have something happen. Its pathetic really.

is it more morons, or just less security. I'm not sure.
Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:23 - Sep 22 with 4228 viewsmylittletown

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:21 - Sep 22 by Vaughan8

Didn't every playoff game last seaosn have something happen. Its pathetic really.

I think that is more that morons are now much more inclined to be openly moronic than they used to be.
Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:23 - Sep 22 with 4231 viewsBobbychase

I think a more honest headline would be that society is getting more violent, and this is being reflected at football. I never think it helps the debate when journalists pretend football is somehow this separate entity where people who behave themselves impeccably Monday to Friday develop some sort of madness.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:31 - Sep 22 with 4211 viewsStokieBlue

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:23 - Sep 22 by Bobbychase

I think a more honest headline would be that society is getting more violent, and this is being reflected at football. I never think it helps the debate when journalists pretend football is somehow this separate entity where people who behave themselves impeccably Monday to Friday develop some sort of madness.

Do you have evidence to support the assertion that society is getting more violent and that is proportional to the increase in violence and disorder at football games?

Do you honestly think some people don't behave differently in the tribal atmosphere of a football match than they do in the office or at home in the evening?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:51 - Sep 22 with 4165 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:31 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

Do you have evidence to support the assertion that society is getting more violent and that is proportional to the increase in violence and disorder at football games?

Do you honestly think some people don't behave differently in the tribal atmosphere of a football match than they do in the office or at home in the evening?

SB

Indeed.

I also wonder if everyone being locked down has led to them going crazy now we're allowed out again. But like bobbychase, I don't have any evidence for that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:55 - Sep 22 with 4159 viewstextbackup

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:51 - Sep 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Indeed.

I also wonder if everyone being locked down has led to them going crazy now we're allowed out again. But like bobbychase, I don't have any evidence for that.

i think, as a gut feeling, you are right in saying that.

generally speaking, most people i speak to have a different approach to life these days "fck it couldnt do anything for 2 years" is normally what i hear

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:06 - Sep 22 with 4100 viewsStokieBlue

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:55 - Sep 22 by textbackup

generally speaking, most people i speak to have a different approach to life these days "fck it couldnt do anything for 2 years" is normally what i hear

I've never heard anyone say that.

It's also not an excuse for antisocial behaviour and shouldn't be used as one. It's also not true, we weren't locked down for two years.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:07 - Sep 22 with 4092 viewsnoggin

I just think there's more fractiousness these days.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Login to get fewer ads

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:08 - Sep 22 with 4091 viewshomer_123

I don't take my kids to football anymore....just not a good environment to expose them to.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:09 - Sep 22 with 4087 viewsbungaytractor

People need to let of steam in tough times and its always happened at football aswell cant see much changing really imo
Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:10 - Sep 22 with 4077 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:08 - Sep 22 by homer_123

I don't take my kids to football anymore....just not a good environment to expose them to.

Really?! I don't come across any trouble at Ipswich games. If you're going in the family enclosure, I'd imagine even less so.

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:16 - Sep 22 with 4052 viewsjaykay

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:55 - Sep 22 by textbackup

not that i was there , but can't remember about reading about football violence after football started after w.w.2

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:21 - Sep 22 with 4028 viewshomer_123

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:10 - Sep 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Really?! I don't come across any trouble at Ipswich games. If you're going in the family enclosure, I'd imagine even less so.

To be fair, never done the Family Enclosure.

No trouble as such but the aggression, language and 'effective' hate towards players (even our own) and officials is really not good.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:22 - Sep 22 with 4021 viewsgtsb1966

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:23 - Sep 22 by Bobbychase

I agree. You can also add people taking class A drugs as another factor.
Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:28 - Sep 22 with 3995 viewsMattinLondon

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:16 - Sep 22 by jaykay

not that i was there , but can't remember about reading about football violence after football started after w.w.2

I’m guessing that the overall mood after WW2 was euphoric rather than frustration of immediately post-lockdown.
Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:31 - Sep 22 with 3990 viewsnoggin

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:22 - Sep 22 by gtsb1966

Does a line of powder make people violent though? I would say alcohol is the choice of drug for those wanting to get aggressive.

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:31 - Sep 22 with 3991 viewsNumber22

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:22 - Sep 22 by gtsb1966

This. 100% has an impact and you see it happening around you at football if you're observant enough. Also Policing cuts and delays may force a 'I'll get away with it'' attitude.

But in a world of so much CCTV, camera phones etc what is the point in risking everything for a little bit of jip at football? Pointless.
Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:31 - Sep 22 with 3981 viewsnoggin

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:09 - Sep 22 by bungaytractor

People need to let of steam in tough times and its always happened at football aswell cant see much changing really imo

That's alright then.

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:36 - Sep 22 with 3970 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:21 - Sep 22 by homer_123

To be fair, never done the Family Enclosure.

No trouble as such but the aggression, language and 'effective' hate towards players (even our own) and officials is really not good.

I don't think that kind of stuff is any worse than it's always been, certainly where I sit in the middle of the North. But then I guess I've sat around the same people for years. Certainly wouldn't deprive my kids of the experience, if I had any, but Family Enclosure's probably alright if they're a bit young for all that.

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:38 - Sep 22 with 3958 viewsnoggin

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:31 - Sep 22 by Number22

This. 100% has an impact and you see it happening around you at football if you're observant enough. Also Policing cuts and delays may force a 'I'll get away with it'' attitude.

But in a world of so much CCTV, camera phones etc what is the point in risking everything for a little bit of jip at football? Pointless.

The rise in cocaine use, I believe, is society wide. I think the perpetrators are responsible for the rise in football disorder, rather than the choice of drug.

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:43 - Sep 22 with 3931 viewsbungaytractor

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:31 - Sep 22 by noggin

That's alright then.

Not saying its alright but human nature at the end of the day.....
Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:45 - Sep 22 with 3923 viewsnoggin

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:43 - Sep 22 by bungaytractor

Not saying its alright but human nature at the end of the day.....

It's really not human nature, at the end of the day.

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:45 - Sep 22 with 3926 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:31 - Sep 22 by Number22

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:46 - Sep 22 with 3920 viewsRadlett_blue

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:21 - Sep 22 by Vaughan8

Indeed, play-off semi finals are an interesting case in point. Bound to be a bigger crowd & a highly charged atmosphere. They invariably end with pitch invasions these days & even if supposedly celebratory, opposition players are often trampled. The only solution is a much larger police presence at such games & a zero tolerance policy towards ncursions.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 12:46 - Sep 22 with 3914 viewsBobbychase

Sharp rise in disorder at football games in England and Wales last season on 11:31 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

SB

You don't think violence, in particular violence involving young men, is more commonplace these days?

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024