Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke 10:23 - Feb 12 with 3013 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Town fans queuing back the full way across Portman Rd to get in, whilst hundreds of boozed of Wednesday fans came down the same bit of road from the station. Not sure how that can ever be allowed to happen really as it could easily have got nasty - especially if it was someone like Leeds or Milwall. Only good thing is that it was the SAR stand and not SBR!

Can’t think of many grounds where that many fans are in such close proximity both before and after the game. Even at somewhere like Oxford there is proper segregation.

Surely that will have to change when the work is done to the back of the SAR stand.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 10:29 - Feb 12 with 2946 viewsnorfsufblue

Isn't that exactly the reason that work is being done.... hopefully they will be more turnstiles too and being automated quicker to process.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 10:30 - Feb 12 with 2933 viewsGuthrum

I think that's pretty much the point of the changes, so SAR fans don't have to wait out in Portman Road and to remove the bottleneck.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 10:36 - Feb 12 with 2893 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 10:29 - Feb 12 by norfsufblue

Isn't that exactly the reason that work is being done.... hopefully they will be more turnstiles too and being automated quicker to process.

New automated turnstiles should be finished and ready to use from the Charlton game in April.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 10:41 - Feb 12 with 2890 viewswoodbridge_blue

Had a conversation yesterday with a policeman, I was curious as to why visiting fans are allowed out at the same time as home fans.

There was a tense atmosphere after the game, both in Portman Road and on the way back to the station.

The copper confirmed that it is no longer permissible to keep fans behind after the game due to human rights legislation.

So the club has to spend a fortune on policing, and the risk of confrontation is much higher.

Great times we live in.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 10:47 - Feb 12 with 2842 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 10:41 - Feb 12 by woodbridge_blue

Had a conversation yesterday with a policeman, I was curious as to why visiting fans are allowed out at the same time as home fans.

There was a tense atmosphere after the game, both in Portman Road and on the way back to the station.

The copper confirmed that it is no longer permissible to keep fans behind after the game due to human rights legislation.

So the club has to spend a fortune on policing, and the risk of confrontation is much higher.

Great times we live in.

Think the problem is more to do with some football fans being unable to contain themselves rather than any application of human rights legislation isn't it?

If there weren't so many terwats attending football, either boozed or coked up, the police wouldn't be required at all.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 11:27 - Feb 12 with 2736 viewsSitfcB

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 10:41 - Feb 12 by woodbridge_blue

Great times we live in.

Hope Norfolk police know that the next time we play up there!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 12:07 - Feb 12 with 2633 viewstivo

Great times we live in.

"The copper confirmed that it is no longer permissible to keep fans behind after the game due to human rights legislation."

Sorry but this is an absolute lie. In fact, it's so idiotically stupid to suggest this, that I would report the Police Officer because he's an obvious cretin.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 12:25 - Feb 12 with 2552 viewsSitfcB

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 12:07 - Feb 12 by tivo

"The copper confirmed that it is no longer permissible to keep fans behind after the game due to human rights legislation."

Sorry but this is an absolute lie. In fact, it's so idiotically stupid to suggest this, that I would report the Police Officer because he's an obvious cretin.

We’ve never kept away fans back at PR anyway, not since I’ve been going anyway, apart from Norwich of course.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 13:01 - Feb 12 with 2471 viewsITFC_Forever

If only it was possible to know down Staples and the gym and build new turnstiles at the back of Churchmans.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:09 - Feb 12 with 2301 viewsSitfcB

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 13:01 - Feb 12 by ITFC_Forever

If only it was possible to know down Staples and the gym and build new turnstiles at the back of Churchmans.

Yeah moaning about something that we know is being rectified is a new one.

COYB

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:17 - Feb 12 with 2268 viewslongtimefan

It was the same for the Plymouth and Burnley games. The main cause is too many fans turning up less than 30 minutes prior to kick off, expecting it to take the same time to get it in as it did with 20,000 or less crowds. I decided to get there a bit earlier yesterday following the previous games and there was little in the way of queues at 2:20.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 14:37]
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:32 - Feb 12 with 2209 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:09 - Feb 12 by SitfcB

Chill ya bean. Fully aware of the work being done, was just commenting because it seemed the worst yesterday that it has been for a while!

Anyway, I’m sure that barely registers more than a 2/10 on the TWTD Moanometer.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:44 - Feb 12 with 2156 viewsMeadowlark

Great times we live in.

I see no reason why I should be stopped from leaving an away match whenever I choose to do so, so away fans visiting us should also have the same "right."
I also see no reason why I should be prevented from using certain roads.
However, I am not a drunken yob.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:46 - Feb 12 with 2145 viewsMullet

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 10:47 - Feb 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Think the problem is more to do with some football fans being unable to contain themselves rather than any application of human rights legislation isn't it?

If there weren't so many terwats attending football, either boozed or coked up, the police wouldn't be required at all.

and then the Churchmans would be empty

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:46 - Feb 12 with 2142 viewsTractorWood

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:17 - Feb 12 by longtimefan

It was the same for the Plymouth and Burnley games. The main cause is too many fans turning up less than 30 minutes prior to kick off, expecting it to take the same time to get it in as it did with 20,000 or less crowds. I decided to get there a bit earlier yesterday following the previous games and there was little in the way of queues at 2:20.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 14:37]

No the cause is 9 glacial turnstiles when it needs 20.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:49 - Feb 12 with 2122 viewslongtimefan

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:46 - Feb 12 by TractorWood

No the cause is 9 glacial turnstiles when it needs 20.

Didn’t seem to be a problem in the 70s and 80s when we regularly had over 30k. But in those days people turned up in a much more spread out fashion time wise.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:56 - Feb 12 with 2055 viewsTractorWood

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:49 - Feb 12 by longtimefan

Didn’t seem to be a problem in the 70s and 80s when we regularly had over 30k. But in those days people turned up in a much more spread out fashion time wise.

Were policeman taller and summers longer?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 15:08 - Feb 12 with 1995 viewsAlanG296

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:49 - Feb 12 by longtimefan

I would usually be in my usual place on the terrace an hour or more before kick off, no need now with an all seated stand. Only 9 turnstiles is no longer fit for purpose and that's being sorted for next season. More evidence of off field improvements under Gamechanger.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 16:08 - Feb 12 with 1840 viewsEastTownBlue

Queues ? Reminds me of Milton Keynes last season. Hope they have sorted that out for later this month.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:16 - Feb 12 with 1622 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 14:09 - Feb 12 by SitfcB

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 18:08 - Feb 12 with 1501 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes, to get a decent spot on the terraces, rather than walk straight to a reserved seat.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 06:03 - Feb 13 with 1074 viewsAlberto_the_frog

I had one person ahead of me at turnstile 8, even though 9 was closed at the time. This less than an hour before KO. Game was sold out, leaving it late not a good idea.
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 07:46 - Feb 13 with 961 viewsPlums

Great times we live in.

Greater Manchester Police will be in for a lot of law suits after keeping Leeds behind last week. What a lot of nonsense. It's always been done for 'safety reasons' which is frustrating when it happens but has been going on for years.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 08:11 - Feb 13 with 880 viewsBluebell

I think the great thing now in getting out of the ground is they close off all the roads leading up to the station so people can spread out and walk down the middle of the road instead of on the pavements.

The problem there for us that we park in Burrell Road and it took us nearly an hour to get past the station and round Chantry to reach the A14!
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 8:13]
Getting into the SAR stand yesterday was a joke on 08:15 - Feb 13 with 859 viewsLawfordLad

Was doing to some work in SAR a couple of weeks ago in relation to the new turnstiles. Will def be a huge improvement and get rid of that horrible hold Churchmans turnstiles entrance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024