Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was expecting a signing before the flight 18:06 - Jul 9 with 1988 viewsSamuelowen88

Was expecting town to announce a new signing just in time for Austria.
Easy for the admin as well.
Either
"Final call for flight, will passenger **** make their way to the gate"
Or
Something using home alone "Kevin!!!" When they remember they left them.

Poll: England v Wales Score

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 18:11 - Jul 9 with 1952 viewsipswichtillidie

Bit late now as they are already on the way..
100% given what MA said we have either A) missed out on a target/targets over the last week. b) still awaiting on other clubs to get their house in order c) still negotiating with said players/clubs.
Would expect movement next week on something tbh but I’m sure the club will be frustrated it hasn’t happened with some before the tour of Austria.

Gav

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 18:25 - Jul 9 with 1890 viewsNaylorsrightboot

I think it's proving a lot more difficult than they thought getting someone in. I don't think players at this level can be sold the dream as easily as they were in league One. A lot of big clubs in the championship with bigger ambitions than us.
Was expecting a signing before the flight on 18:25 - Jul 9 with 1880 viewsxrayspecs

Announced yesterday.
Was expecting a signing before the flight on 18:33 - Jul 9 with 1823 viewsArnieM

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 18:25 - Jul 9 by Naylorsrightboot

I think it's proving a lot more difficult than they thought getting someone in. I don't think players at this level can be sold the dream as easily as they were in league One. A lot of big clubs in the championship with bigger ambitions than us.

….”With bigger ambitions than US”…. Please enlighten us budgie!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 19:39 - Jul 9 with 1542 viewsFevsBCFC

Ashton should know there’s a pecking order from his time with us. You can of course jump the queue by over-paying in terms of fees and / or wages.

Also Prem League teams are still not fully back yet, and if they are, they’re using the players they are potentially loaning out to cover their internationals who are being eased back in.

I’m sure you’ll get some movement over the next week or so, but the PL teams do use and abuse Championship clubs….it’s a moneymaking exercise for them.

Signings like Taylor, you can play the bully to a large extent.
Was expecting a signing before the flight on 19:46 - Jul 9 with 1511 viewsMullet

I don't think the dominoes up the top of the game have started fall enough yet. The U21s only finished yesterday after all. Some of them will be lined up for loans or even sales, Rice etc moving means some clubs have lots of cash and will not want to be held to ransom etc.

I also think so many clubs are screwed financially and will try to hold onto assets as late as possible if they think it'll produce a better deal.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 19:47 - Jul 9 with 1491 viewsTalkingBlues

I think the players are fairly happy to go to any reputable club once their demands are met, the problem is our trading stance with Prem/Champ clubs, we can’t boss negotiations like league 1, they will sell to the highest bidder, end of.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 19:55 - Jul 9 with 1442 viewsDavoIPB

This was a seven year ish plan to get to the premier League. Think we are being cautious and not wanting to just throw money at it. Also think selling coming to Ipswich is harder than what people think. Our current crop is mainly ex championship and lge 1 players so going to be a tough season if we don't get 3 or 4 players in.
Login to get fewer ads

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 08:30 - Jul 10 with 1038 viewsBiGDonnie

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 18:33 - Jul 9 by ArnieM

….”With bigger ambitions than US”…. Please enlighten us budgie!

Time he went I think. So obvious.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 08:34 - Jul 10 with 1024 viewsStokieBlue

If you're going to troll you should at least try and make it less obvious.

The fact that TalkingRubbish is upvoting you also gives you away.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 08:38 - Jul 10 with 998 viewsBiGDonnie

Was expecting a signing before the flight on 08:34 - Jul 10 by StokieBlue

If you're going to troll you should at least try and make it less obvious.

The fact that TalkingRubbish is upvoting you also gives you away.

SB

Hadn't noticed that, couple of absolute messers. Where do people find the time?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024