Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How lucky are we to have McKenna? 20:44 - Jul 28 with 2675 viewsEssexBloo

Probably been said a million times before but I genuinely am so happy to have him. The turnaround of this club in such a short amount of time is incredible.
He’s going to be linked with every single PL job going from now on as well. I’d be very happy if he was with us for another 5 years.

Also, I’ve had a beer so sorry for being too emotional.
How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 20:58 - Jul 28 with 2597 viewsStewart27

We are incredibly lucky. Everything about the guy oozes class. I actually get a little lump in my throat thinking about what he has brought here.

The bar has been incredibly low since Jim in terms of me liking our managers but KM is going to take a lot of beating.
How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 20:59 - Jul 28 with 2603 viewsIllinoisblue

We are lucky to have him. Just reading his comments today about how they planned pre-season to ensure a different range of playing styles from opponents. Maybe it’s basic stuff but seems like the first time in a long time we’ve had a manager as bright and smart as him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 21:08 - Jul 28 with 2563 viewsWestSussexBlue

And some still laud Mick McCarthy for what he did, he was in some ways part of the reason we bummed around with no direction or plan for so long.
If McKenna is still here in Five years time I’m sure we will be an established Premier League club knocking on the door of European football once again. He has drive, ambition and is creating a winning mentality.
How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 21:51 - Jul 28 with 2364 viewsSWBlue22

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 21:08 - Jul 28 by WestSussexBlue

And some still laud Mick McCarthy for what he did, he was in some ways part of the reason we bummed around with no direction or plan for so long.
If McKenna is still here in Five years time I’m sure we will be an established Premier League club knocking on the door of European football once again. He has drive, ambition and is creating a winning mentality.

McKenna is the best manager we have had probably since Burley in my opinion but Mick does deserve credit for what he did here under the circumstances. We would have been down if Mick didn’t take over when he did. Glad he played his part and that we are now in the position we are in. Everything happens for a reason. COYB
How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 21:58 - Jul 28 with 2345 viewsCoastalblue

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 21:51 - Jul 28 by SWBlue22

McKenna is the best manager we have had probably since Burley in my opinion but Mick does deserve credit for what he did here under the circumstances. We would have been down if Mick didn’t take over when he did. Glad he played his part and that we are now in the position we are in. Everything happens for a reason. COYB

Absolutely, I was never a Mick fan tbh but he did make a silk purse out of a pig's ear for an extended period which few others would have managed.

He probably stayed a year too long was his ultimate sin.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 22:36 - Jul 28 with 2222 viewsIllinoisblue

Harsh on Mick who had to operate under Evans and his fifty quid budget.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 22:39 - Jul 28 with 2202 viewsitfcsuth

Unbelievable turn around.

Unbelievable job by so many at the club from KMc, to GC20, to the group of players, backroom staff all the way up to Ashton.

He is a top top level manager and have absolutely no doubt he will go on to manage at the very highest level.
How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 22:53 - Jul 28 with 2141 viewsChurchman

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 22:36 - Jul 28 by Illinoisblue

Harsh on Mick who had to operate under Evans and his fifty quid budget.

This is the point. If the club is a decaying mess, which it was, there’s only so much anyone can do. I can’t say I liked Mick or the way his teams played, but he deserves enormous respect for the job he did here. On crumbs, basically.

McKenna wouldn’t be here if the club wasn’t moving forward in the way it is now so while the Manager rightly deserves the plaudits, there are plenty of people behind the scenes providing the platform.

It’s the best time to follow this club since the Burley years and I’m loving it, even if two or three misery merchants on this forum aren’t.
Login to get fewer ads

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 23:22 - Jul 28 with 2053 viewswkj

Hey! Keep it down... we don't want other teams to find out that

~~WE GOT SUPER KEIRAN MCKENNA~~

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 23:54 - Jul 28 with 2010 viewsSwansea_Blue

The way he sets us up, his incredible work ethic, focus and attention to detail, and how he builds up the team spirit and the confidence of players reminds me very much of Brendan Rogers down here at Swansea. And there’s no reason why we can’t do just as well or why he can’t go on to do as well or better than Rogers. If he sticks with us, we could go places. He’s the real deal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 00:25 - Jul 29 with 1966 viewsquirkie

Just hope Ten Hag wins a few trophies otherwise you just know what is going to happen.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 05:56 - Jul 29 with 1804 viewsWestover

Future England manager
How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 06:39 - Jul 29 with 1749 viewsPioneerBlue

I dont use the term luck. GC20 MOL MA have been very deliberate in what they have done this far. Yes we are in privileged position now but that is having made good decisions, taken a small gamble and we are reaping rewards. Let’s keep making good decisions and taking small gambles.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 06:45 - Jul 29 with 1742 viewsBlueBadger

Mick hadn't come in when he did, we probably would have fell harder and longer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 07:16 - Jul 29 with 1686 viewsSwansea_Blue

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 06:39 - Jul 29 by PioneerBlue

I dont use the term luck. GC20 MOL MA have been very deliberate in what they have done this far. Yes we are in privileged position now but that is having made good decisions, taken a small gamble and we are reaping rewards. Let’s keep making good decisions and taking small gambles.

I think that’s fair. They took a bit of a gamble given he was untested in the manager role, but you can see why they went for him. Excellent judgement really rather than luck isn’t it (which is what Evans always lacked).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 07:50 - Jul 29 with 1623 viewsHerbivore

The thing I like most about him is that he knows exactly what we need.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 08:26 - Jul 29 with 1556 viewsArnoldMoorhen

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 22:53 - Jul 28 by Churchman

This is the point. If the club is a decaying mess, which it was, there’s only so much anyone can do. I can’t say I liked Mick or the way his teams played, but he deserves enormous respect for the job he did here. On crumbs, basically.

McKenna wouldn’t be here if the club wasn’t moving forward in the way it is now so while the Manager rightly deserves the plaudits, there are plenty of people behind the scenes providing the platform.

It’s the best time to follow this club since the Burley years and I’m loving it, even if two or three misery merchants on this forum aren’t.

I loved the way the Play Off team played, especially Stephen Hunt and Paul Anderson, high press and total commitment. And then pure silk from Didsy, and Murphy having the season of his life.

It was fantastic football.

What followed was turgid.
How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 08:32 - Jul 29 with 1531 viewshoppy

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 20:58 - Jul 28 by Stewart27

We are incredibly lucky. Everything about the guy oozes class. I actually get a little lump in my throat thinking about what he has brought here.

The bar has been incredibly low since Jim in terms of me liking our managers but KM is going to take a lot of beating.

Did you spell ‘trousers’ wrongly?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 08:33 - Jul 29 with 1530 viewsHerbivore

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 08:26 - Jul 29 by ArnoldMoorhen

I loved the way the Play Off team played, especially Stephen Hunt and Paul Anderson, high press and total commitment. And then pure silk from Didsy, and Murphy having the season of his life.

Bishop as well that year adding some class in midfield. The problem was we didn't have the resources to have genuine competition and back up for the likes of Didz and Bishop, so when they got injured we were left with all of the functional players and none of the flair. The season after we played some good stuff at times, especially when Fraser was fit, but it was patchy. The season after, a couple of games aside, was pretty awful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 13:03 - Jul 29 with 1303 viewsbackwaywhen

I said last season he is the nearest thing to Sir Bobby we are ever going to have manage our great club , he has all the man management Sir Bob had and the love of football / football nous that the great man had , if he stays as loyal as Sir Bob did to us , then we are going places …… COYBs
How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 13:52 - Jul 29 with 1250 viewsChurchman

We shall agree to differ on that. I don’t think it was for the most part fantastic football. Pragmatic, effective a lot of the time, 100% commitment, trampling aggression (fairly) yes. Fantastic, no.

I saw all bar one home game and the Charlton and Watford away games (lucky me for those two) and the only stand out game for me was Middlesbrough at home. We really played well in that.

We had Murphy on the season of his life and McGoldrick doing what he does but much of it was pretty agricultural and scrambled. In relation to watching the rubbish that preceded it and came after, yes it was good. But I didn’t love it.

It sounds arrogant but I just felt we should be better than that at the time - but as I said in an earlier post, what MM achieved with zippo was quite remarkable and maybe I should have appreciated it more.

Still, the time after the Charlton away game at London Bridge/Borough M hostelries all afternoon and evening left me a headache to remember. All good fun.

As a postscript I absolutely love the way we play now, but there’s always room to go a little more direct when the need arises, just as the team did at the back end of last season. Differing ways of playing, if you can do it, give the opposition nightmares.
How lucky are we to have McKenna? on 14:07 - Jul 29 with 1227 viewsWonky

Hardworking, great team spirit but it wasn't fantastic football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024