Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . 17:12 - Jan 11 with 3370 viewsmadmouse1959

I heard one deal fell through because they did not have the number the player wanted. The usual wall of silence and hesitation when the transfer window opens because Evans is still trying to run a football club on the cheap. Get ready for another loan deal folks. We can,t even get a few Premiership team reserve players here because of the wages.

We need a few hungry players in this club and more than a few out of it. Other clubs can find the players so why can,t we. ?

shampoo dave

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:13 - Jan 11 with 3014 viewsJ2BLUE

If that is true then we dodged a bullet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:17 - Jan 11 with 2961 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wish they would hurry up and sign someone as I need inspiration for a new avatar. They're being pretty selfish not considering my needs. At this rate I'll still be wishing people merry Christmas in June.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:18 - Jan 11 with 2941 viewsmadmouse1959

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:13 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

If that is true then we dodged a bullet.

Here is possibly our transfer criteria. We find players that are out of our price range....out of our wages bracket.....possibly players other teams have put bids in for........and then we have the ready made excuse for not recruiting anyone that costs money. Another has been loan player is on the way probably at the last minute to keep us all excited.

shampoo dave

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:19 - Jan 11 with 2937 viewsElderGrizzly

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:17 - Jan 11 by Swansea_Blue

I wish they would hurry up and sign someone as I need inspiration for a new avatar. They're being pretty selfish not considering my needs. At this rate I'll still be wishing people merry Christmas in June.

You're the reason we're not signing anyone. Bad luck to have Christmas decorations up after the 6th.

CHRIST MAN!!
Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:20 - Jan 11 with 2904 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:19 - Jan 11 by ElderGrizzly

You're the reason we're not signing anyone. Bad luck to have Christmas decorations up after the 6th.

CHRIST MAN!!

They should come down on Jan 2nd IMO. Not being miserable, it's just depressing seeing Christmas decorations in January IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:21 - Jan 11 with 2897 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:19 - Jan 11 by ElderGrizzly

CHRIST MAN!!

Good point. I'll put my baubles away before I offend anyone else!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:40 - Jan 11 with 2805 viewsGuthrum

If it is true that someone turned us down because the number they wanted was already taken, then why would we want someone like that at our club? That much of a fussy prima donna would have to be frighteningly talented to compensate for the disruption they'd be likely to cause.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:47 - Jan 11 with 2747 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:40 - Jan 11 by Guthrum

If it is true that someone turned us down because the number they wanted was already taken, then why would we want someone like that at our club? That much of a fussy prima donna would have to be frighteningly talented to compensate for the disruption they'd be likely to cause.

I disagree. The least the club could have done was to given Teddy Bishop a different squad number so we could sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:56 - Jan 11 with 2681 viewsTractorWood

Ward, Webster, Mings, Bart were all excellent business. We have a good scouting network, have made money in the last few years and definitely got some unrealised gains in the current squad. In the current market and the championship being the shop window for the Prem that it is, the downside risk has drastically reduced in the last few years.

Buzzing for a journeymen freebie or inevitable loan though.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:08 - Jan 11 with 2593 viewsmonty_radio

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 17:56 - Jan 11 by TractorWood

Ward, Webster, Mings, Bart were all excellent business. We have a good scouting network, have made money in the last few years and definitely got some unrealised gains in the current squad. In the current market and the championship being the shop window for the Prem that it is, the downside risk has drastically reduced in the last few years.

Buzzing for a journeymen freebie or inevitable loan though.

Sadly,don't think that any of Ward, Webster, Mings reveal evidence of a "good scouting network". Ward would have been known to Klug from his Spurs connection. The other two we had to bump up against in actual match combat rather than make a prior move.

An inspired scouting network would not leave us having to trail behind, in a notoriously dodgy transfer window, on bids for players the whole world seems to be already well aware of.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:15 - Jan 11 with 2554 viewsPlums

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:08 - Jan 11 by monty_radio

Sadly,don't think that any of Ward, Webster, Mings reveal evidence of a "good scouting network". Ward would have been known to Klug from his Spurs connection. The other two we had to bump up against in actual match combat rather than make a prior move.

An inspired scouting network would not leave us having to trail behind, in a notoriously dodgy transfer window, on bids for players the whole world seems to be already well aware of.

Mings came via a Russell Osman recommendation didn't he?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:30 - Jan 11 with 2477 viewsTractorWood

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:08 - Jan 11 by monty_radio

Klug left Spurs 4 years before Ward was bought, surely some credit has to be given.

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:34 - Jan 11 with 2435 viewsLeoMuff

Surely that's the way of the world, if we want yo sign players who we know can definitely perform in the championship at a reasonable price you can guarantee there will be others aware of them.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:43 - Jan 11 with 2381 viewsRegencyBlue

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:15 - Jan 11 by Plums

Indeed he did!
Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 19:43 - Jan 11 with 2177 viewsGuthrum

The scouting network includes all of the club's connections, not just the people sent to watch matches.

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 19:46 - Jan 11 with 2153 viewsTractorWood

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 19:43 - Jan 11 by Guthrum

The scouting network includes all of the club's connections, not just the people sent to watch matches.

This bloke gets it.

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 19:55 - Jan 11 with 2128 viewsmadmouse1959

Why don,t we just cut the crap and actually go after some players we CAN get ? Why not trawl through the lower leagues and find young players with ability who are ambitious enough to want to step up a few divisions ? Why are we wasting our time on players who offer absolutely F*** All.?

shampoo dave

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 20:10 - Jan 11 with 2080 viewsGuthrum

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 19:55 - Jan 11 by madmouse1959

Why don,t we just cut the crap and actually go after some players we CAN get ? Why not trawl through the lower leagues and find young players with ability who are ambitious enough to want to step up a few divisions ? Why are we wasting our time on players who offer absolutely F*** All.?

I'd say it's more than likely we are.

Newspaper links are not necessarily any indication we are actually pursuing those players.

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 22:19 - Jan 11 with 1916 viewssolemio

CHRIST MAN!!

No, Christ 11-day old baby on Jan 6th.
Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 22:47 - Jan 11 with 1854 viewsScuzzer

Winks at Spurs....really should have the number 40 on his shirt.

Established 1968

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 23:02 - Jan 11 with 1794 viewsmonty_radio

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 19:43 - Jan 11 by Guthrum

Don't disagree, but don't see how that negates the fact that, as far as can be judged from outside, we knew about players such as Walters, Mings and Webster from playing against them, or being involved via watching our own player (Clark at Pompey) and that's not primarily what most fans understand by primary scouting. By and large we haven't frequently turned up the number of non-league nuggets that some clubs seem to be able to do.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 08:58 - Jan 12 with 1563 viewsNo9

I agree, the evidence is that ITFC scouts have not provided much in the way of talent for some time now,
Was Cresswell the last or did he come in via Jewells scouser contacts?
Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 11:59 - Jan 12 with 1460 viewsFreddy

Plenty of time left
Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 12:30 - Jan 12 with 1415 viewsPhilTWTD

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:30 - Jan 11 by TractorWood

Klug left Spurs 4 years before Ward was bought, surely some credit has to be given.

He was watched a lot last year, from what I was told. I would guess his history with BK at Spurs was coincidental, although he definitely worked with him at Spurs.
Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 12:30 - Jan 12 with 1408 viewsPhilTWTD

Well, thats about 9 players we are linked with . on 18:15 - Jan 11 by Plums

Russell was part of the staff at that point, was the U18s coach. His son was playing alongside Tyrone for Chippenham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024