Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just started watching The Office on Netflix 19:42 - Jan 9 with 6316 viewsJ2BLUE

One episode in. Please tell me it gets better?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:46 - Jan 9 with 3792 viewsVaughan8

The UK and US ones are very good. But I guess it depends what your sense of humour is like.

It's more cringe humour.
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:48 - Jan 9 with 3771 viewsBOjK

You are down-with-the-kids, huh.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:49 - Jan 9 with 3764 viewsIllinoisblue

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:46 - Jan 9 by Vaughan8

The UK and US ones are very good. But I guess it depends what your sense of humour is like.

It's more cringe humour.

The awful US version should not be talked about in the same sentence as the UK version.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:50 - Jan 9 with 3744 viewsm14_blue

It's fantastic.

Anyone who disagrees is wrong.
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:50 - Jan 9 with 3743 viewsDubtractor

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:49 - Jan 9 by Illinoisblue

The awful US version should not be talked about in the same sentence as the UK version.

The US versions gets way better after a pretty poor start.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:50 - Jan 9 with 3743 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

The US one? Season 1 is below par, mainly because they try to follow the story lines of the original, with limited success. When they move away from the UK version from S2 onwards, it becomes magnificent.
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:50 - Jan 9 with 3742 viewsVaughan8

I quite liked it! Not as good as the UK one but still watchable
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:51 - Jan 9 with 3734 viewsIllinoisblue

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:50 - Jan 9 by Dubtractor

true story: the US pilot had the exact same script as as one of the UK episodes. That was a surreal viewing experience.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:52 - Jan 9 with 3712 viewsDubtractor

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:51 - Jan 9 by Illinoisblue

true story: the US pilot had the exact same script as as one of the UK episodes. That was a surreal viewing experience.

Yeah, it was like a sh1t cover version.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:56 - Jan 9 with 3681 viewsTIB

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:50 - Jan 9 by Dubtractor

Everyone says this...keep meaning to sit and start watching US one.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 20:16 - Jan 9 with 3583 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 19:50 - Jan 9 by DropCliffsNotBombs

The US one? Season 1 is below par, mainly because they try to follow the story lines of the original, with limited success. When they move away from the UK version from S2 onwards, it becomes magnificent.

This exactly. I thought it was awful initially. Then few years later persevered. Its much more upbeat then uk version and totalky different after a while. The UK one is a classic and as the original its no.1 but you can watch way more of the US version. It did become magnifucent as you say. Some of the opening sequences are some if the best bits from any comedies. Still Partridge will always be number 1!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:52 - Jan 9 with 3424 viewsDolly2.0

It's like hearing a different type of music. You might not 'get it' at first, because your brain has been trained to pop (Michael McIntyre, John Bishop and Miranda). But a few episodes in, you'll be hooked, and will realise the subtle brilliance.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:58 - Jan 9 with 3385 viewsJ2BLUE

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:52 - Jan 9 by Dolly2.0

It's like hearing a different type of music. You might not 'get it' at first, because your brain has been trained to pop (Michael McIntyre, John Bishop and Miranda). But a few episodes in, you'll be hooked, and will realise the subtle brilliance.

Pretty much precisely what happened.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:03 - Jan 9 with 3359 viewsunbelievablue

F-ing hell you must be tedious.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:03 - Jan 9 with 3356 viewsunbelievablue

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:58 - Jan 9 by J2BLUE

Ha, I revise my previous opinion.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:11 - Jan 9 with 3315 viewsCoco

Amazing series.

This and Extras have probably the best Christmas specials ever.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:12 - Jan 9 with 3313 viewsDolly2.0

Well done sir. Now apply that to your egg cooking

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:19 - Jan 9 with 3278 viewsCotty

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:12 - Jan 9 by Dolly2.0

Well done sir. Now apply that to your egg cooking

Surely "slow burn" is exactly what he is doing to his eggs already?
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:23 - Jan 9 with 3269 viewsReuser_is_God

I've never watched a single minute of it, is it any good?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 22:25]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 01:20 - Jan 10 with 3117 viewsLord_Lucan

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:23 - Jan 9 by Reuser_is_God

I've never watched a single minute of it, is it any good?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 22:25]

Are you kidding me, we are talking about The UK version right?

You haven't seen any of it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 01:28 - Jan 10 with 3102 viewshorsehollerer

Disagree. Once it stopped trying to be the UK version and found its own groove, it was superb. As was the UK original, obvs.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 02:33 - Jan 10 with 3065 viewsLuk38644

I like most things by Gervais tbh so I'm probably biased but you'll come round to it mate, it's brilliant.

I also love the US Office too, well, as others have said, the series get better after Series 1 right up until Steve Carrell leaves, then it gets a bit hit and miss.

It's not laugh out loud every minute comedy like The Inbetweeners, but it's clever and cringey... classic Gervais.

Another recommendation, get watching The Ricky Gervais Show, An Idiot Abroad, The Moaning of Life and listening to everything you can find on YouTube with Gervais, Merchant and Karl Pilkington in it. I have listened to copious amounts of Karl and he never fails to make me laugh.
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 04:21 - Jan 10 with 3039 viewsIPS_wich

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 02:33 - Jan 10 by Luk38644

I like most things by Gervais tbh so I'm probably biased but you'll come round to it mate, it's brilliant.

I also love the US Office too, well, as others have said, the series get better after Series 1 right up until Steve Carrell leaves, then it gets a bit hit and miss.

It's not laugh out loud every minute comedy like The Inbetweeners, but it's clever and cringey... classic Gervais.

Another recommendation, get watching The Ricky Gervais Show, An Idiot Abroad, The Moaning of Life and listening to everything you can find on YouTube with Gervais, Merchant and Karl Pilkington in it. I have listened to copious amounts of Karl and he never fails to make me laugh.

Gervais is actually my main issue with the UK version. His Brent was too narcissistic and there's nothing to like about his character. Don't get me wrong I appreciated it (and actually watched it during the original run on TV) but by the end of the second season I'd had enough of him.

Whereas the US version is probably in my top 5 shows of the last 15 years. It helped that I first stumbled across an episode on the Comedy Channel part way through Season 2 so my introduction wasn't Season 1 (which like everyone else says was the weakest part of the series). Carrell was sublime and played Michael Scott with a balance of good intentions and idiocy compared to Gervais' cynacism and selfishness.

It also helped that they roped in some of the best improv comedians around to play the minor characters (Stanley, Angela, Phylis, Toby) and they provided some of the best moments.

Yes it lost impetus when Carrell left and Catherine Tate was very poor in it, but over the course of nine seasons it was quite brilliant.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 4:22]
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 07:28 - Jan 10 with 2947 viewsvapour_trail

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:52 - Jan 9 by Dolly2.0

If your brain has been trained to mcintyre, bishop, miranda, in all likelihood you'll be seeking a lobotomy

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 07:36 - Jan 10 with 2930 viewsBenters

I thought it was great ! You are talkin about the Anglo-Saxon version and not the American ?

God bless America.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024