Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... 12:20 - Jan 16 with 1632 viewsBlueastheycome

For the first and only time in my life as I was so cheesed off.

and then I had the biggest egg on my face.

Can anyone remember the game I'm referring to?
Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:22 - Jan 16 with 1586 viewsJ2BLUE

Coventry. Counago. My dad left early and tried to get me and my grandad to go with him. We refused...

[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 12:23]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:22 - Jan 16 with 1572 viewsKieran_Knows

3-2 against Coventry.

I began to walk down the steps to the concourse when Coventry equalised, but something in me couldn't do it, and just as I got back up to the top of the steps I saw Counago looping the ball into the net.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:23 - Jan 16 with 1557 viewstractorshark

The the 3-2 against Cov?? Pablo's winner.
If so, you must have heard the roar outside.
Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:23 - Jan 16 with 1545 viewsitfcjoe

Was it the Pablo goal v Cov? You were far from he only one if so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:24 - Jan 16 with 1543 viewsBlueastheycome

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:22 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

Coventry. Counago. My dad left early and tried to get me and my grandad to go with him. We refused...

It was the opposite way round for me. My dad refused to budge so I decided to leave with my sis.

I remember hearing the roar as we were walking down the road and we ran in via the entrance in the lower Cobbold to celebrate with Counago by the corner flag.

Edit. Amazing how memories exaggerate on reflection..just watched the clip and Counago ran in the complete opposite direction to the Cobbold corner flag haha
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 12:26]
Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:32 - Jan 16 with 1459 viewsGlasgowBlue

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:22 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

I heard the Coventry equaliser in the toilets under the west stand and Pablo's winner waking out of the gate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:39 - Jan 16 with 1407 viewsGuthrum

Remember listening on the radio. That was superb, among a number of great last-gasp winners (Coventry away in the snow, Edwards at Derby).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:54 - Jan 16 with 1355 viewsFtnfwest

the only time i ever walked out before the end of a game at PR was the FA Cup quarter final against Arsenal in the early 90's with the score at 3-1 i think and we pulled one back although i hadn't quite reached the gate, so popped back in to see Arsenal get a fourth!
Login to get fewer ads

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:58 - Jan 16 with 1329 viewsPJH

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:54 - Jan 16 by Ftnfwest

the only time i ever walked out before the end of a game at PR was the FA Cup quarter final against Arsenal in the early 90's with the score at 3-1 i think and we pulled one back although i hadn't quite reached the gate, so popped back in to see Arsenal get a fourth!

The only game that I have ever left before the final whistle was at Leeds when they had their riot-I thought that there was no chance of the game restarting and getting out of there seemed to be the best idea.
Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:59 - Jan 16 with 1334 viewsSWGF

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 13:05 - Jan 16 with 1281 viewsSteve_M

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 12:59 - Jan 16 by SWGF

Ole!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 13:06 - Jan 16 with 1282 viewsSWGF

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 13:05 - Jan 16 by Steve_M

Ole!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Cracking on 13:20 - Jan 16 with 1193 viewsDyland

With the tannoy bloke doing the Oles as the players left the pitch.

We had a very similar win at Selhurst Park ten odd years ago.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Cracking on 13:29 - Jan 16 with 1131 viewsSteve_M

Cracking on 13:20 - Jan 16 by Dyland

With the tannoy bloke doing the Oles as the players left the pitch.

We had a very similar win at Selhurst Park ten odd years ago.

One could even argue whether it was Pablo's or Shefki's last-minute winner after we had fecked it up that was better.

Although given both scored in this one then that is clearly the best.

Quick quiz- 7 years ago today, I left Portman Road before the final whistle... on 13:36 - Jan 16 with 1094 viewsTractorCam

I was only 13 and very annoyed that we had conceded another late goal, I was begging my dad for us to leave, luckily he refused!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cracking on 13:36 - Jan 16 with 1084 viewsRadlett_blue

Cracking on 13:29 - Jan 16 by Steve_M

One could even argue whether it was Pablo's or Shefki's last-minute winner after we had fecked it up that was better.

Although given both scored in this one then that is clearly the best.

I saw Tommy Miller about to make a challenge in their box & was urging him not to.
Couldn't believe it when we got the winner almost from the kick off.
Haven't missed many goals, but I wasn't too disappointed in missing Liverpool's 6th at PR in 2002.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cracking on 13:39 - Jan 16 with 1058 viewsSteve_M

Cracking on 13:36 - Jan 16 by Radlett_blue

I saw Tommy Miller about to make a challenge in their box & was urging him not to.
Couldn't believe it when we got the winner almost from the kick off.
Haven't missed many goals, but I wasn't too disappointed in missing Liverpool's 6th at PR in 2002.

The only one in the ground who didn't seem to realise Miller was about to give away a penalty was Tommy Miller.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024