Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Evans 09:07 - Jan 18 with 308 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This is Ipswich Town, and we wear 3 stars on our chest

We have won the football league, FA Cup and UEFA Cup, I appreciate that all that happened a very long time ago, but as that club, with that history I find not progressing past the third round since 2010 completely unacceptable.

Last night was the stuff of nightmares, for a moment, when I woke up this morning I managed to forget all about it, and then it suddenly all came into sharp focus again.

And it wasn't the goal, as bad as that ridiculous counter attack was, with no one tracking back, with almost all our own side in the oppositions penalty area, trying desperately to snatch a last minute winner like dare I say it a non league side in the final minute of extra time, in that moment, became impossible to tell Non-League side from Championship side.

Mick has made mistakes this season, undoubtedly, but over the course of this season, I've been able to see his frustration with the lack of positive action from your desk starting with the sale and non replacement of Daryl Murphy just days before the window closed. Mick had said publicly prior to Murphy's sale that we would not let him leave unless we replaced him. I understand that If the player wants to go then there is nothing you can do, but in those few days after the sale of Murphy Rickie Lambert moved to Cardiff for an undisclosed fee, a player in the Murphy mould if ever I saw one.

The non replacement of Murphy forced Mick to change his tactics and when that didn't work his old tactics didn't work either without that lynchpin of Murphy in the side.

Now, after a poor start to the season, we arrive at the current transfer window and Mick is talking about, "Custard Pies", being "Kiboshed" and a number of £1m+ bids being in.
If true on the multiple £1m bids then more power to you, but in a Championship where players moving for £10m+ has become the norm, I'm afraid £1.5m just doesn't cut it anymore and it makes me wonder if ITFC has all become a bit rich for you, we need further investment, if not from you then from elsewhere.

I understand you put millions in each season, but thats really just going onto the list of cash that the club owes you isn't it? Not unlike using the club as a savings account I suppose.

Relegation is never good for any club, ever, and we look like a side nailed on for a relegation fight right now. When you were sold the club David Sheepshanks did so to secure the clubs future, I wonder if with the power of foresight he would sell to you now or to someone else?

The future is a difficult thing, but I can tell you that kids now, my kids, don't want to support ITFC, we simply aren't good enough they want success. Some say glory hunting, but they're just kids, they want something to celebrate.

You say you are a fan, so you must be hurting, but unlike us, you actually have the power to do something to fix this.... So do It.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024