Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We will know Micks decision by the end of January 09:42 - Jan 20 with 1153 viewsBlue_Armee

If we don't spend a decent amount on players now after putting in multiple bids of over £1M I think it's clear that Mick and Evans have agreed that the end of the season is the time to part company.

On the other hand if he spends a few million, it will probably mean he will stay.

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 09:49 - Jan 20 with 1125 viewsDoobDude

Why are we waiting for his decision?
Why is a manager whose team was humiliated on national TV able to have that choice?
This is all very strange.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 09:58 - Jan 20 with 1100 viewsBlue_Armee

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 09:49 - Jan 20 by DoobDude

Why is a manager whose team was humiliated on national TV able to have that choice?

Because he is unsackable and 'HIS DESTINY IS IN HIS OWN HANDS'

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 10:03 - Jan 20 with 1076 viewsSWGF

Problem is that it's looking likely that it's going to have to be "a few million". Not sure Evans has the appetite for that.

Bargains/frees are a summertime shopping expedition.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 10:06 - Jan 20 with 1059 viewsitfcjoe

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 10:03 - Jan 20 by SWGF

Problem is that it's looking likely that it's going to have to be "a few million". Not sure Evans has the appetite for that.

Bargains/frees are a summertime shopping expedition.

We are 3-4 first teamers short - and they need to come from following categories

Proven Championship players of a good age (Skuse, Berra, Chambers, etc when they signed)
Young up and comers from lower leagues (Ward, Webster, etc)
Players of a good age doing well in League 1 (Sears, Bialkowski, etc)

All 3 of those categories cost money in January, and I just don't see ME spending the required funds - and I don't think he is holding it back from Mick either.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 10:14 - Jan 20 with 1010 viewsDeano69

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 10:06 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

We are 3-4 first teamers short - and they need to come from following categories

Proven Championship players of a good age (Skuse, Berra, Chambers, etc when they signed)
Young up and comers from lower leagues (Ward, Webster, etc)
Players of a good age doing well in League 1 (Sears, Bialkowski, etc)

All 3 of those categories cost money in January, and I just don't see ME spending the required funds - and I don't think he is holding it back from Mick either.

We have little to play for this season now, very unlikely we will get relegated, so no real reason to spend big during 'over priced January'

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 10:16 - Jan 20 with 996 viewsLeoMuff

Beacause thankfully ME unlike half this board can see the bigger picture, i.e. We could get no better without significant investment.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 10:36 - Jan 20 with 946 viewsBluebell

Am I missing something here?

I thought Mick said he will stay till the end of the season and then decide his future. I assumed that didn't depend on who we buy and sell in this window.
We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 10:44 - Jan 20 with 925 viewsoldbluestu

I agree all other clubs do it. Look at when Bradford humiliated Chelsea in the FA Cup a couple of years ago they sacked Jose immediately
Login to get fewer ads

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 11:56 - Jan 20 with 869 viewsBlue_Armee

We will know Micks decision by the end of January on 10:44 - Jan 20 by oldbluestu

I agree all other clubs do it. Look at when Bradford humiliated Chelsea in the FA Cup a couple of years ago they sacked Jose immediately

I feel that Mick and Evans have a good relationship. Mick is a genuine bloke who would not want to leave Evans in a mess if he makes the decision to leave.

All I am suggesting is that it would not surprise me if there has been a discussion between them along the lines of Mick saying back me with some investment and we can still achieve our goals, or I will give you time to find a replacement who is willing to work under the current constraints.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024