Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? 16:19 - Feb 2 with 1492 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Given that the new owner - if anyone could be persuaded to take on an extremely unattractive proposition in the first place - would face the following:

- having to pay Evans to transfer his 85% shareholding in the club to the new owner which I imagine would cost at least several million (if not tens of millions) not only for the shares, but also to buy the debt which in asset worth - at least on paper - around £80m+
- having to stump each year to cover the operating deficit of about £5-6 million, just to keep the club afloat, and before even thinking about buying new players
- no decent players that might be sold to raise additional sums (they have all been sold already, with the possible exception of Bishop and Dozzell)
- crowds of around 14,000 or so - and even if there was an increased interest in the club following a new owner and manager, to say 16,000, these gates are not sufficient to compete
- any decent new manager taking over a team like Ipswich in their current state would want at least several million - if not a lot more - to spend
- so the new owner would probably have to make available in the region of £15 to £20m up front, and then tens of millions over the next years, with absolutely no guarantee of any return on that investment or success.

Who is this potential investor? Does he even exist in the real world?

Then consider this versus the current position - an owner who subsidises the losses each season to allow the club to exist, and a manager who in the last two seasons with NO MONEY came 7th and 6th.

Yes, the current position is not good, morale is dire and the performances poor.

But I am just suggesting that the grass is not always greener. Many fans simply look at amputating the leg that is slowing them down, without realising that with only one leg they won't be able to run at all.
So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 16:21 - Feb 2 with 1473 viewsnoggin

Evans would have to write off the debt for anyone to be interested, surely?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 16:23 - Feb 2 with 1466 viewsCaptainObvious

evans is not going to sell to someone equally unwilling to invest the required amount so if he goes it will probably someone super rich in his place

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 16:25 - Feb 2 with 1449 viewsOxfordTH_1981

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 16:21 - Feb 2 by noggin

Evans would have to write off the debt for anyone to be interested, surely?

If that is true, then he would be losing the opportunity to recover any of it and an £80m+ write-off is significant. If he took the view that the club's position was so perilous and the likelihood of recovering the debt so low, I can't see this in itself acting as anything but a strong deterrent to a potential purchaser.
So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 16:27 - Feb 2 with 1441 viewsOxfordTH_1981

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 16:23 - Feb 2 by CaptainObvious

evans is not going to sell to someone equally unwilling to invest the required amount so if he goes it will probably someone super rich in his place

Well indeed - but who? Don't you think that if such a willing investor existed, they would have already come forwards? The reality is that unless someone is so rich that they can afford to lose hundreds of millions and that the club becomes a play thing, most very rich businessmen do not want to lose several million each season purely for the pleasure of running a failing football club. I strongly suspect Evans wants out and is in damage limitation mode.
So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 17:06 - Feb 2 with 1347 viewsPilgrimblue

Fans get very drunk
So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 17:42 - Feb 2 with 1307 viewsOxfordTH_1981

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 17:06 - Feb 2 by Pilgrimblue

Fans get very drunk

Day 2 = hangover
Day 3 = back to question
So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 18:07 - Feb 2 with 1292 viewsPilgrimblue

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 17:42 - Feb 2 by OxfordTH_1981

Day 2 = hangover
Day 3 = back to question

Joking aside its a bad situation but while MM may walk, I don't think the Club is saleable. Without MM Evans will have to take a realistic view on what is needed for the Club to prosper and if he does want out then he'll have to fund a promotion push next season
So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 19:14 - Feb 2 with 1208 viewsrgp1

Yes but our players don't run at all that's the current problem. In addition the leg ( i.e. the current situation) is gangreneous and needs to be removed if the patient is to survive.
Login to get fewer ads

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 21:45 - Feb 2 with 1127 viewsMVBlue

Who'd want a club that with an investment of £9m in players could get a promotion to the most watched league in the world, the most lucrative league in the world, the highest profile sport in the world?

Well Marcus Evans has stuffed it up, the chance to become a GLOBAL brand. So another savvy businessman can see how he can take us forwards. Theres only 40 clubs in the country with the capacity like we have. Theres plenty of £300m+ wealthy businessmen and also consortiums in the world that could generate a big profile if not a profit.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 21:47]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 22:17 - Feb 2 with 1083 viewsoldbluestu

The diggers arrive at the training ground to start knocking down the buildings in preparation for building a load of new houses
So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 22:22 - Feb 2 with 1069 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 22:17 - Feb 2 by oldbluestu

The diggers arrive at the training ground to start knocking down the buildings in preparation for building a load of new houses

Ah, you've had that thought too. I was wondering the other day whether there was anything that places limits on the use of that land. Who knows what would happen if/when ME moves on...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 22:35 - Feb 2 with 1046 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I could believe again!!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 22:40 - Feb 2 with 1029 viewsstantheman

There would be a party somewhere near Bentley.
So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 22:41 - Feb 2 with 1027 viewsJ2BLUE

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 16:25 - Feb 2 by OxfordTH_1981

If that is true, then he would be losing the opportunity to recover any of it and an £80m+ write-off is significant. If he took the view that the club's position was so perilous and the likelihood of recovering the debt so low, I can't see this in itself acting as anything but a strong deterrent to a potential purchaser.

What opportunity? With his current 'investment strategy' there is no opportunity.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 22:50 - Feb 2 with 1005 viewsMJallday

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 22:40 - Feb 2 by stantheman

There would be a party somewhere near Bentley.

On the green i should imagine. Might even be a few foreign flags out

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 23:49 - Feb 2 with 937 viewsjeera

So, MM gets sacked, Evans goes. What happens on Day 1 of the new era? on 21:45 - Feb 2 by MVBlue

Who'd want a club that with an investment of £9m in players could get a promotion to the most watched league in the world, the most lucrative league in the world, the highest profile sport in the world?

Well Marcus Evans has stuffed it up, the chance to become a GLOBAL brand. So another savvy businessman can see how he can take us forwards. Theres only 40 clubs in the country with the capacity like we have. Theres plenty of £300m+ wealthy businessmen and also consortiums in the world that could generate a big profile if not a profit.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 21:47]

"Well Marcus Evans has stuffed it up, the chance to become a GLOBAL brand"

Sorry, what?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024