Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Mick leaves in summer 14:28 - Feb 1 with 10256 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Who would you replace him with? I would say Steve Cotterill or Tony Mowbray as realistic choices.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:29 - Feb 1 with 4572 viewsGrahamHarbey

If ME has the same budgetary constraints, I hope we stick with Mick!
When Mick leaves in summer on 14:29 - Feb 1 with 4545 viewsoldbluestu

Byran Gunn
When Mick leaves in summer on 14:30 - Feb 1 with 4548 viewsKieran_Knows

Kenny Jackett if he's still available.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:31 - Feb 1 with 4545 viewssimoitfc

mowbury,butcher realistic targets
giggs,neville,bergkamp ???
cowley bros from lincoln

anybody has got to be better than what we have now
When Mick leaves in summer on 14:33 - Feb 1 with 4517 viewsKieranMcKenna1

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:30 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

Kenny Jackett if he's still available.

Would be ok on a low budget. But didn't he walk from Rotherham for that reason?

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:34 - Feb 1 with 4513 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I've said it since we sacked Jim.. I'd like Paul Tisdale.
Bryan's brother? (n/t) on 14:34 - Feb 1 with 4506 viewsBloots

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:29 - Feb 1 by oldbluestu

Byran Gunn

AKA - "Elite Pete"

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:36 - Feb 1 with 4492 viewsClausThomsen

As ME is our chairman and he isn't going to punt on Taricco or anyone like that, maybe Hoddle, Hodgson or the Cowley brothers!

If he sacked MM yesterday and got in Rowett till the end of next season I'd be delighted with that. But is that realistic?

MM staying after that Lincoln debacle is surely unrealistic - but he's still here!

FFS
Login to get fewer ads

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:38 - Feb 1 with 4473 viewsKieran_Knows

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:33 - Feb 1 by KieranMcKenna1

Would be ok on a low budget. But didn't he walk from Rotherham for that reason?

Not quite sure why he walked from Rotherham if i'm honest. Just seems a manager that would be right up Evans street.

I'd personally like to see us go for Graham Alexander, Nathan Jones or Derek Adams however.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:38 - Feb 1 with 4474 viewsclive_baker

I would like to see us take a bit of a 'punt' on someone up and coming, with an eye on a shorter and less direct style of play.

Danny Cowley
Darrell Clarke

I have 1 or 2 other lesser known coaches I would love to see get a chance to step up, people I've worked with who have never failed to impress me and have proven results, albeit at a lower level. Just hope Evans doesn't go for a 'name' like Shearer or Neville.

Would quite like to see Matt Holland in the setup somewhere too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:40 - Feb 1 with 4443 viewsartsbossbeard

"Phil Brown's Ipswich"

Nailed.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:48 - Feb 1 with 4404 viewsSWGF

I reckon it'll be Mowbray. Ticks a LOT of ME boxes.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:50 - Feb 1 with 4374 viewschristiand

You'd have to say if ME appointed the Cowley brothers at least they would be able to manage a budget ME normally gives his managers! 😂

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:50 - Feb 1 with 4373 viewsThe_Last_Baron

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:29 - Feb 1 by GrahamHarbey

If ME has the same budgetary constraints, I hope we stick with Mick!

Did you vote remain by any chance?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:52 - Feb 1 with 4360 viewsBigalhunter

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:38 - Feb 1 by clive_baker

I would like to see us take a bit of a 'punt' on someone up and coming, with an eye on a shorter and less direct style of play.

Danny Cowley
Darrell Clarke

I have 1 or 2 other lesser known coaches I would love to see get a chance to step up, people I've worked with who have never failed to impress me and have proven results, albeit at a lower level. Just hope Evans doesn't go for a 'name' like Shearer or Neville.

Would quite like to see Matt Holland in the setup somewhere too.

This time last year there was a clamour for Paul Cook, based solely on two cup games where we didn't turn up.
This time it's Danny Cowley who wouldn't be anyone's radar if it wasn't for.. two cup games where we didn't turn up.
As for Darrell Clarke, have you watched Bristol Rovers? Route one doesn't begin to describe it.
Darren Sarll anyone?
When Mick leaves in summer on 14:54 - Feb 1 with 4340 viewsjpring89

We need someone with no fear untried and tested. All the experienced lot have not worked. Those Cowely brothers would be good. Tisdale is a good shout aswell.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:55 - Feb 1 with 4327 viewsdirtyboy

Sounds like a knee jerk reaction to the results of late, but genuinely would love to see the Cowley Brothers in charge here.

Really like they way they come across, the attention to detail and professionalism.

Even when they step out onto the pitch, everything just looks smooth and everyone knows what they're doing.

Something about them.
When Mick leaves in summer on 15:00 - Feb 1 with 4272 viewsfactual_blue

How about the Ajax youth coach?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

When Mick leaves in summer on 15:03 - Feb 1 with 4269 viewsBigalhunter

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:40 - Feb 1 by artsbossbeard

"Phil Brown's Ipswich"

Nailed.

I can't help feeling he's a total chancer who's somehow managing to eke out a living in management.
On paper he did a decent job at Hull before it fell apart spectacularly, and he's somehow dragging Southend back towards the Championship.
Just can't work out how he's doing it. He's absolutely clueless as a co-commentator & summariser.
When Mick leaves in summer on 15:04 - Feb 1 with 4254 viewsClausThomsen

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:52 - Feb 1 by Bigalhunter

This time last year there was a clamour for Paul Cook, based solely on two cup games where we didn't turn up.
This time it's Danny Cowley who wouldn't be anyone's radar if it wasn't for.. two cup games where we didn't turn up.
As for Darrell Clarke, have you watched Bristol Rovers? Route one doesn't begin to describe it.
Darren Sarll anyone?

Cook's failed at other clubs, Cowley's had 3 jobs - Concord (where he won 3 promotions and 3 cups), Braintree (another promotion) and now his first season with Lincoln (looks like a promotion as champions, plus beating us over 2 legs and now Brighton).

Cowley's on a trajectory that Cook's never been on. Someone's going to give him a chance, and rightly so.

Why not us?
When Mick leaves in summer on 15:05 - Feb 1 with 4239 viewsartsbossbeard

When Mick leaves in summer on 15:03 - Feb 1 by Bigalhunter

I can't help feeling he's a total chancer who's somehow managing to eke out a living in management.
On paper he did a decent job at Hull before it fell apart spectacularly, and he's somehow dragging Southend back towards the Championship.
Just can't work out how he's doing it. He's absolutely clueless as a co-commentator & summariser.

Exactly! That's why I wouldn't be at all surprised if he turned up here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

When Mick leaves in summer on 15:06 - Feb 1 with 4232 viewsBigalhunter

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:48 - Feb 1 by SWGF

I reckon it'll be Mowbray. Ticks a LOT of ME boxes.

Cheap and unemployed being two of them.
When Mick leaves in summer on 15:07 - Feb 1 with 4214 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Think I just threw up a little at the thought of Cotterill in charge!

Love Mogga to bits but he isnt the answer and his stock must be at an all time low now-he was on a hiding to nothing at Coventry though.

For me, lets not just look in this country-lets look in Scotland, lets look in Ireland, abroad etc. We have plenty of time now to get this appointment right.

The only thing that could scupper an appointment is if we get relegated, but we might as well start making management enquiries and see who is out there. For me at this moment I would go for Darrell Clarke just because he is young, used to working on a budget and has ties with both Marcus Stewart & George Burley. He also brings with him a philosophy for wanting to play good attractive, attacking football' which for me is essential in our next appointment.

Think he is a realistic appointment as well and one that would go down well with the majority of fans too. Had heard before xmas that Evans had been in touch with Bristol Rovers about him but how much truth there is in that I don't know, time will tell!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

When Mick leaves in summer on 15:07 - Feb 1 with 4213 viewssoupytwist

I would like Gareth Ainsworth or Paul Tisdale

Both based on the entirely unscientific basis that they come across very well in the book "Living on the volcano".

At a push, Phil Brown at Southend if ME wants to go with someone with a bit more experience.
When Mick leaves in summer on 15:10 - Feb 1 with 4186 viewsDarryl

When Mick leaves in summer on 14:34 - Feb 1 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I've said it since we sacked Jim.. I'd like Paul Tisdale.

Excellent choice. I live in South Devon and have witnessed him pulling rabbits out of hats for a number of seasons. I'd take him as Ipswich manager tomorrow.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 15:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024