Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question.... 18:42 - Mar 18 with 1166 viewsBluebell

Do people think that the players aren't performing because they want Mick out?

We know as individuals they all have played well at times. Are they fed up of the hoof ball and players in wrong places? Do they want to see ME around the place? Are they wanting new contracts sorted out?

It seems this is what happened with Ranieri and Leicester. Could it be happening with Town?

Serious question.... on 18:50 - Mar 18 with 1123 viewsjas0999

No. I think many of the players who did great two years ago are not as good. Many have an exit strategy. Then, there has been a reliance on loans, frees and very cheap fees. The players just aren't good enough or in regards to loans aren't too bothered. Evans has sold most of our best players. Cheap replacements have been signed or in the case of Murphy no replacement. Shocking.
Serious question.... on 18:50 - Mar 18 with 1125 viewsfactual_blue

I think it's pretty clear that my decision to cancel my ST and to not renew has just knocked the stuffing out of them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Serious question.... on 19:17 - Mar 18 with 1047 viewshadleighboyblue

Serious question.... on 18:50 - Mar 18 by jas0999

No. I think many of the players who did great two years ago are not as good. Many have an exit strategy. Then, there has been a reliance on loans, frees and very cheap fees. The players just aren't good enough or in regards to loans aren't too bothered. Evans has sold most of our best players. Cheap replacements have been signed or in the case of Murphy no replacement. Shocking.

One of the problems is that we haven't got the players to roll up their sleeves for a relegation fight and that could drag us right into it .

Half the players probably won't be there next season and nor will the manager ( hopefully ) .

Luckily for us , there are probably 2 teams doomed , so there is only one more place , but whether we go down or not , massive changes are needed in management and players , or next season could well be our time to struggle from the start , with morale among players and fans so low .
Serious question.... on 20:42 - Mar 18 with 929 viewsbournemouthblue

Serious question.... on 19:17 - Mar 18 by hadleighboyblue

One of the problems is that we haven't got the players to roll up their sleeves for a relegation fight and that could drag us right into it .

Half the players probably won't be there next season and nor will the manager ( hopefully ) .

Luckily for us , there are probably 2 teams doomed , so there is only one more place , but whether we go down or not , massive changes are needed in management and players , or next season could well be our time to struggle from the start , with morale among players and fans so low .

We simply don't score enough goals

A chronic lack of set piece goals is hurting us in particular

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Serious question.... on 20:47 - Mar 18 with 906 viewsthebooks

Nah. I think they're just not good enough as a group: a handful of the older ones are vg quality Champ players, but the newer bunch are L1-2 level.

It's kind of sad to see really good pros like McG and Chambers reduced to this bs.

MM has stitched it all together and, with a fair wind, got us sniffing around promotion, but it's all unravelling after the last couple of years of zero investment.
Serious question.... on 21:04 - Mar 18 with 843 viewshoppy

Serious question.... on 18:50 - Mar 18 by factual_blue

I think it's pretty clear that my decision to cancel my ST and to not renew has just knocked the stuffing out of them.

Do you feel at all guilty following today's result?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Serious question.... on 21:06 - Mar 18 with 828 viewsRyorry

I would be sorry if that were the case, but not surprised.

Every manager and club have their natural timespan; things can go stale after a while.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Serious question.... on 21:07 - Mar 18 with 815 viewsRyorry

Serious question.... on 18:50 - Mar 18 by jas0999

Yes - for several seasons we had very talented LBs, their pace going forward, and Murphs to head crosses in, so at least we were scoring regularly and maybe that rather covered problems over - we've not had them now for a long time, and we're missing them.

The lack of investment is cumulative.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Serious question.... on 21:17 - Mar 18 with 762 views3_5_2

Generally I don't see a lack of effort which is a sure fire sign of losing the dressing room but the negative tactics must surely make it hard for players to express themselves. Mama strikes me as someone who lays a strict plan for a game and won't change it.

The players won't be happy with how they are performing but the pressure that is around from the fans, social media etc means they are afraid to make a mistake, take risks.

Managers talk about having characters in the dressing room and at times like this I simply think we don't have enough string ones or players who actually givea a toss. I have been a big critic of Chmabers as a fb but you cannot fault his effort and desire. Sadly he is one of very few we have

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024