Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... 12:21 - Aug 16 with 2811 viewsOsborneOneNil

Brentford are favourites. Anyone a tad surprised with that?
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 12:25 - Aug 16 with 2122 viewsBlueinBrum

A couple of people i spoke to last night had put some on us to win which they got 3/1 pre-match. If i'd have seen that i would have been tempted.
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 12:32 - Aug 16 with 2077 viewsITFCBlues

Not really - decimated by injuries. Not really a surprise is it?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 12:39 - Aug 16 with 2049 viewsportmanking

Bonkers, I agree. I've taken some of Town at 2.92 on Betfair, hoping to trade out much lower come Saturday morning (possibly closer to 13/8 or 2.62).
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 13:03 - Aug 16 with 1965 viewsCurrie10

Nope. They're strong CM where we currently have tonnes out. We play like we did last two they'll pull our pants down. Need Downes back fit for this one. COYB.
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 13:45 - Aug 16 with 1875 viewsITFCson

Put my max bet on them yesterday (vs Brentford at 15/8) expecting a positive cash out come Friday.
Had a 50 on them yesterday at 31/10. The bookies have failed to adjust. There was always going to be goals and over 2.5 was 5/4 and the 4-3 500/1
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 13:49 - Aug 16 with 1855 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 13:45 - Aug 16 by ITFCson

Put my max bet on them yesterday (vs Brentford at 15/8) expecting a positive cash out come Friday.
Had a 50 on them yesterday at 31/10. The bookies have failed to adjust. There was always going to be goals and over 2.5 was 5/4 and the 4-3 500/1

You're hardly going to make a profit cashing out before the match!!

They won't adjust the odds enough to make cashing out a profit.

This may shock you, but the bookies ain't stupid.

RIP Sir Bobby

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:02 - Aug 16 with 1809 viewsITFCson

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 13:49 - Aug 16 by Wallingford_Boy

This may shock you also but I'mone of a few people who actually make from the bookies. Maybe you will be right on this occasion but long term I'm heavily in front on cash outs where the price has done as I expected. I wouldn't be surprised if we go off at around 13/10 which will give a positive cash out. Faulting that I will lose 5% of my stake which won't bother me in the slightest. (Unless we drift of course)
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:05 - Aug 16 with 1797 viewsportmanking

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 13:49 - Aug 16 by Wallingford_Boy

I'm afraid that's where you're wrong.

I make a genuine second income trading pre-match football markets.

For instance, last night Millwall went from evens to 11/10 (2.1) on Betfair Exchange and I layed them at evens and hedged my position at 2.1, locking in a profit of £46 before the game had even begun.
Login to get fewer ads

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:11 - Aug 16 with 1781 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:05 - Aug 16 by portmanking

For instance, last night Millwall went from evens to 11/10 (2.1) on Betfair Exchange and I layed them at evens and hedged my position at 2.1, locking in a profit of £46 before the game had even begun.

You must be loaded.

RIP Sir Bobby

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:13 - Aug 16 with 1780 viewsportmanking

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:11 - Aug 16 by Wallingford_Boy

You must be loaded.

Not really. My trading bank was built up using matched betting over 2-3 years. Didn't need to invest a penny of my own money.
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:17 - Aug 16 with 1761 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:13 - Aug 16 by portmanking

Not really. My trading bank was built up using matched betting over 2-3 years. Didn't need to invest a penny of my own money.

I mean having two incomes..

RIP Sir Bobby

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:20 - Aug 16 with 1749 viewsportmanking

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:17 - Aug 16 by Wallingford_Boy

I mean having two incomes..

Well, it's a nice supplement that's for sure. It is hard work though; just a case of keeping a keen eye on team news well in advance. You'd be surprised how many bookmakers get caught out by incorrectly pricing up a game. That's what they deserve for employing junior sports traders!
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:28 - Aug 16 with 1732 viewscaptainfantastic

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:13 - Aug 16 by portmanking

How do you know the market will move your way? What factors do you look for?

Poll: player of the season so far?

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:29 - Aug 16 with 1729 viewsITFCson

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:05 - Aug 16 by portmanking

Exactly, to a degree the bookies are stupid, however they can afford to be as the average punter is more stupid. I heard someone had £10 on 4-3 yesterday and won £1500 and that is great. But the price was as high as 500/1 so that punter has missed out on £3500 just by placing the bet at the wrong bookie
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:31 - Aug 16 with 1719 viewsKieran_Knows

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 13:03 - Aug 16 by Currie10

Nope. They're strong CM where we currently have tonnes out. We play like we did last two they'll pull our pants down. Need Downes back fit for this one. COYB.

'play like we did the last 2, they'll pull our pants down' ... you mean defending well to keep the score down to 1-0, for us to turn the game on its head in the second half with 2 goals to win it, and whilst the defending was probably less to be desired for last night, we still scored more than the opposition?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:31 - Aug 16 with 1720 viewsportmanking

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:28 - Aug 16 by captainfantastic

How do you know the market will move your way? What factors do you look for?

Lots of different factors....

Weight of money i.e. are there more layers than backers in the market?
A look back at historical odds i.e. Ipswich vs Brentford odds in 2016/17
Team news i.e. injuries/suspensions
Timing i.e. attempting to take the price at the top/bottom of its trading range and hedge at a lower/higher price

It's not actually UK bookmakers that influence most of the market moves, it's the Asian bookies i.e. Pinnacle, SBO and so forth.
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:33 - Aug 16 with 1709 viewsportmanking

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:29 - Aug 16 by ITFCson

Exactly, to a degree the bookies are stupid, however they can afford to be as the average punter is more stupid. I heard someone had £10 on 4-3 yesterday and won £1500 and that is great. But the price was as high as 500/1 so that punter has missed out on £3500 just by placing the bet at the wrong bookie

That's a fascinating way of looking at it. I agree, anyone that misses out on that much value is a mug punter. Only takes 60 seconds these days to do a quick check for those kind of things on Oddschecker and OddsPortal.
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:41 - Aug 16 with 1691 viewscaptainfantastic

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:31 - Aug 16 by portmanking

Lots of different factors....

Weight of money i.e. are there more layers than backers in the market?
A look back at historical odds i.e. Ipswich vs Brentford odds in 2016/17
Team news i.e. injuries/suspensions
Timing i.e. attempting to take the price at the top/bottom of its trading range and hedge at a lower/higher price

It's not actually UK bookmakers that influence most of the market moves, it's the Asian bookies i.e. Pinnacle, SBO and so forth.

Lol. The historical odds have no impact whatsoever as the matches are completely independent of each other. Team news and suspensions and all the factors you think you are integrating are already taken into account of the price by the syndicates.

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:45 - Aug 16 with 1674 viewsportmanking

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:41 - Aug 16 by captainfantastic

Lol. The historical odds have no impact whatsoever as the matches are completely independent of each other. Team news and suspensions and all the factors you think you are integrating are already taken into account of the price by the syndicates.

Ha. Historical odds have everything to do with it my friend. The syndicates you speak of operate using historical data every single day.

Take last year's game with Brentford as an example: http://www.betexplorer.com/soccer/england/championship-2016-2017/ipswich-brentfo

We went off at 2.38 with Pinnacle - considering how poor we were last season there's no way we're near enough a 2/1 shot this weekend taking into consideration confidence/goals/form.

You may not believe me, but I've been doing this for the last 18 months now, I know my onions.
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:52 - Aug 16 with 1646 viewsArcher4721

Just lump on if you fancy them. I won a nice few quid on them last night getting 100/30 to win to match! and 8-1 to win and BTTS!!

Ridiculous odds on a team so full of confidence right now.
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:57 - Aug 16 with 1630 viewscaptainfantastic

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:45 - Aug 16 by portmanking

Ha. Historical odds have everything to do with it my friend. The syndicates you speak of operate using historical data every single day.

Take last year's game with Brentford as an example: http://www.betexplorer.com/soccer/england/championship-2016-2017/ipswich-brentfo

We went off at 2.38 with Pinnacle - considering how poor we were last season there's no way we're near enough a 2/1 shot this weekend taking into consideration confidence/goals/form.

You may not believe me, but I've been doing this for the last 18 months now, I know my onions.

Hahaha. You realise the syndicates have people watching every match, every shot, every touch, every player etc and then the statistics collated are modelled by some of the best mathematical brains in the world and you think you can beat that by looking at the difference in price from last seasons fixture? Lol. The price they make it eventually feeds down to your high street bookmaker. We are a 'big price' because we have had 8 shots on target this season and scored 7 which simply is not sustainable.

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 15:02 - Aug 16 with 1608 viewsportmanking

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 14:57 - Aug 16 by captainfantastic

Hahaha. You realise the syndicates have people watching every match, every shot, every touch, every player etc and then the statistics collated are modelled by some of the best mathematical brains in the world and you think you can beat that by looking at the difference in price from last seasons fixture? Lol. The price they make it eventually feeds down to your high street bookmaker. We are a 'big price' because we have had 8 shots on target this season and scored 7 which simply is not sustainable.

I don't really need to explain myself to you. I've made consistent profits week-in week-out for the last two seasons and have spent time on courses with some of the leading sports trading syndicates in London, namely Starlizard. Let's wait and see what the prices look like come Saturday morning shall we?
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 15:07 - Aug 16 with 1592 viewscaptainfantastic

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 15:02 - Aug 16 by portmanking

I don't really need to explain myself to you. I've made consistent profits week-in week-out for the last two seasons and have spent time on courses with some of the leading sports trading syndicates in London, namely Starlizard. Let's wait and see what the prices look like come Saturday morning shall we?

Highly doubt starlizard offer courses to common punters. I imagine you are referring to some sort of betting conference which is fair enough.

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 15:08 - Aug 16 with 1586 viewsportmanking

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 15:07 - Aug 16 by captainfantastic

Highly doubt starlizard offer courses to common punters. I imagine you are referring to some sort of betting conference which is fair enough.

No, I'm talking about trading courses, not betting conferences.
Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 15:08 - Aug 16 with 1586 viewsOsborneOneNil

Just checked the odds for Saturday....... on 15:02 - Aug 16 by portmanking

Fair play mate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024