Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... 21:58 - Jan 2 with 7300 viewsitfcjoe

I can't imagine anyone thinks that is possible, and feels like the end of the road for Mick here.

If he isn't going to be here next season, which seems likely, then now is the time to make the change and try and lift the club on and off the pitch ahead of season ticket renewals and the like.

A poor cup exit on Saturday in the 40th anniversary of the win in '78 will be another nail in a coffin of this season which has already drifted too far.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:03 - Jan 2 with 5641 viewshomer_123

Warburton?

Seriously though Joe, I see what you are saying, I really do. If I had some semblance that a change in manager would see a genuine change in our fortunes I'd be supporting change.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:03 - Jan 2 with 5635 viewsstrikalite

I'll say it for the 100th time, get Warburton in now so he can see what we have and give the dull shambles of a Club a bloody good lift ready for next season.
Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:04 - Jan 2 with 5613 viewsJoeSoap

But on the bright side 15th place is still up for grabs.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:05 - Jan 2 with 5600 viewsBloomBlue

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:03 - Jan 2 by strikalite

I'll say it for the 100th time, get Warburton in now so he can see what we have and give the dull shambles of a Club a bloody good lift ready for next season.

Warburton is a loser, we'll be relegated for sure
Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:05 - Jan 2 with 5598 viewschristiand

Come on ITFCJoe is this what the youngsters call trolling? You've got me hooked. We simply aren't good enough to be anywhere near the top 6, but we still think we have an outside chance? We are simply not one of the best or consistent 6 sides in this league.......doesn't matter how much you try and sugarcoat it - 'We're only 7 points off the play offs!' If MM gets us top 10 that's a decent season. A repeat of last season's finish seems more realistic the way things are going.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 5570 viewsBenters2

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:04 - Jan 2 by JoeSoap

We like 15th
Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 5568 viewsJ2BLUE

As much as it would make sense, we know Evans won't do it. I think people are over confident that MM is leaving. It looks likely but would anyone really be surprised if his two year option is taken?

MM is likely here until the end of the season. Evans won't pay him off and then pay someone else for six months.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 5559 viewsitfcjoe

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:03 - Jan 2 by homer_123

Warburton?

Seriously though Joe, I see what you are saying, I really do. If I had some semblance that a change in manager would see a genuine change in our fortunes I'd be supporting change.

I don't think a change in manager will see much of a change in fortunes - but something needs to happen to try and lift the club out of the malaise we are going to fall back into - if we were ever even out of it.

Login to get fewer ads

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 5560 viewsTrequartista

Hate to say i told you so ....

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:08 - Jan 2 with 5546 viewsJ4ck22

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:07 - Jan 2 by Trequartista

No you don't.
Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:09 - Jan 2 with 5541 viewsTrequartista

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:08 - Jan 2 by J4ck22

No you don't.

As a Town fan, 'hate to say' is entirely accurate. Would love nothing more than McCarthy to shove it up me if it meant my club being back.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 22:10]

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:09 - Jan 2 with 5538 viewsitfcjoe

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:07 - Jan 2 by Trequartista

If you criticise a manager from the day they are appointed you will always be proved right in the end - blind squirrels and stopped watches

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 5519 viewsStadiumofdark

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:03 - Jan 2 by homer_123

Warburton?

Warburton? Hardly the best thing since sliced bread....
Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 5519 viewsTrequartista

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:09 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

If you criticise a manager from the day they are appointed you will always be proved right in the end - blind squirrels and stopped watches

My watch must have stopped for the past 3 years.

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 5520 viewsitfcjoe

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:05 - Jan 2 by christiand

Come on ITFCJoe is this what the youngsters call trolling? You've got me hooked. We simply aren't good enough to be anywhere near the top 6, but we still think we have an outside chance? We are simply not one of the best or consistent 6 sides in this league.......doesn't matter how much you try and sugarcoat it - 'We're only 7 points off the play offs!' If MM gets us top 10 that's a decent season. A repeat of last season's finish seems more realistic the way things are going.

We aren't going to be in danger of going down, we probably need 15 points from 20 games which isn't going to be a big ask - but Mick probably deserved another shot from Evans at getting close to the play offs, but he can't manage it from here so why delay the inevitable

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:25 - Jan 2 with 5422 viewschristiand

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:10 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

We aren't going to be in danger of going down, we probably need 15 points from 20 games which isn't going to be a big ask - but Mick probably deserved another shot from Evans at getting close to the play offs, but he can't manage it from here so why delay the inevitable

I need to apologise here ITFCJoe, I read your title for your post and then went off on one. If I had read your post thoroughly that would then have made more sense. Not sure is my stand. I believe ME will keep MM until the end of season as he won't want to pay him off early and then pay the new manager's salary on top. I think we've all realised that if ME can save a pound note, he'll do it. I also think MM doesn't deserve to be pushed either. ME hasn't really helped him with proper funding for transfers. The deals in the summer were merely token efforts - if you get average in, that's where you'll end up. If ME then backs MM in January is that then money wasted? These players are then MM's players and if he moves on a new manager might not rate them and will want to offload. Think the club is currently stuck between a rock and a hard place. What would you do Joe? Take the emotion out of tonight's defeat before replying. That feeling of last season is slowly returning for me though.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:55 - Jan 2 with 5324 viewsdavblue

I don’t think we would get into the play offs but having all those players injured is plainly not helping one little bit.

I
To me it feels like there is something to be built on now team wise.
Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 23:33 - Jan 2 with 5243 viewsBadgerBajner

Realistically, we were highly unlikely to make the play offs. I think it shows the state we are in when so many fans were clinging on to a glimmer of hope, with us in and around the play off area most of this season so far. We don't have much hope these days, so it was something. The evidence was there though that we were well above our true position. We had failed to beat a top half side until Derby a couple of weeks ago, and our fixtures up to mid November had been fairly kind. Since then we have slipped away with the tougher run of fixtures, despite some good results. The run of tough fixtures will continue to the end of this month. Bolton away isn't going to be easy at this moment either.

How will Mick see the cup match on Saturday? Can't risk the first team squad members with so many injuries, so put a weak 2nd string out, with the likelihood of going out in the 3rd round again? Or hopefully, we will be a Championship side next season, lets go for a cup run, earn some money and have some interest. If the former is his attitude, then we could see the 2nd half of the season becoming fairly meaningless, and that isn't going to encourage fans back when basically the season is done and dusted by February.

I think we all need to accept that we are now a Championship side, certainly while ME is here. Spending money on players isn't everything, but with the way the game has gone, there has to be a fairly significant spend to challenge at the top. I think we do need a new manager to raise some interest, do something different and to develop a more attractive style. Do we want to continue playing generally dull football, finishing mid table and sacrificing cup competitions?
on 00:50 - Jan 3 with 5173 views_

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 02:09 - Jan 3 with 5096 viewstractorboy1978

I think the first key question we need answering is whether Mick will be here after the final game of the season. You would assume and like to think both parties are already aware one way or the other.

With regards to whether now is the right time to make a change, that's one that could seriously go either way - it would all depend on the appointment and how it goes until the end of the season. if we appointed someone for 15-20 games and it was much of the same, meandering around 13th/14th place that isn't going to do anything for a lot of people.

Presuming Mick goes (and I agree he has to) Evans simply needs to get the appointment right or it could be curtains completely. Does anyone actually have faith in the appointment Evans will make? If Phil were to run a poll tomorrow I think the answer would be a resounding no. In fact, you'd struggle to run a poll where opinion was less divided. He won't pay compensation and I seriously cannot see him changing the structure of the club with a DOF which limits our pool for a start.
Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 03:09 - Jan 3 with 5053 viewstextbackup

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 23:33 - Jan 2 by BadgerBajner

Realistically, we were highly unlikely to make the play offs. I think it shows the state we are in when so many fans were clinging on to a glimmer of hope, with us in and around the play off area most of this season so far. We don't have much hope these days, so it was something. The evidence was there though that we were well above our true position. We had failed to beat a top half side until Derby a couple of weeks ago, and our fixtures up to mid November had been fairly kind. Since then we have slipped away with the tougher run of fixtures, despite some good results. The run of tough fixtures will continue to the end of this month. Bolton away isn't going to be easy at this moment either.

How will Mick see the cup match on Saturday? Can't risk the first team squad members with so many injuries, so put a weak 2nd string out, with the likelihood of going out in the 3rd round again? Or hopefully, we will be a Championship side next season, lets go for a cup run, earn some money and have some interest. If the former is his attitude, then we could see the 2nd half of the season becoming fairly meaningless, and that isn't going to encourage fans back when basically the season is done and dusted by February.

I think we all need to accept that we are now a Championship side, certainly while ME is here. Spending money on players isn't everything, but with the way the game has gone, there has to be a fairly significant spend to challenge at the top. I think we do need a new manager to raise some interest, do something different and to develop a more attractive style. Do we want to continue playing generally dull football, finishing mid table and sacrificing cup competitions?

We know exactly how he’ll approach Saturday, even with a fully fit squad we know what he’d do, hence the 5000 tiks being sold and sections of stadium shut.
We know exactly what will happen, why do some on here think it will be any different to the last 5 years of cup football under MM?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 03:23 - Jan 3 with 5050 viewsBrettenhamBlue

We are only 12 points away from the relegation zone now, which is a tad concerning. 6 points away and we'd all start to get very nervous.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 04:32 - Jan 3 with 5029 viewsBenters2

Great post Joe.
Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 06:15 - Jan 3 with 4994 viewsDeano69

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 22:04 - Jan 2 by JoeSoap

I suspect we will be out of the cup so we can concentrate on that 15th place.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Effectively need 39 points from 20 games to finish in the top 6.... on 06:26 - Jan 3 with 4986 viewskeanekipper

I would say wait till everything is mathematically decided. No point in upsetting the apple cart with birmingham being the prime example and with the quality of the squad and injuries i dont see a new manager giving us the major upturn in results we need for the play-offs, a major slide would be more probable imo as it still feels very much like a team playing for big mick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024