Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One 22:33 - Aug 21 with 2822 viewsTommyparker

"We have two teams in Bolton & Bury on negative points, we've got two teams not fulfilling fixtures. It's a joke. The EFL need to have a serious look at themselves because it's ruining our league. Our league's ruined.
Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 22:37 - Aug 21 with 2748 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No. I rarely would agree with either of those two.

It is not ruining the league at all.

However, it is a sign of how football has gone a long way down the road to ruin.

I do, however, agree that the EFL needs to be doing something soon.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 22:37 - Aug 21 with 2739 viewsSuperblue95

Which one said that?

“Our league’s ruined”. Get a grip ffs

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 02:26 - Aug 22 with 2361 viewsStNeotsBlue

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 22:37 - Aug 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

However, it is a sign of how football has gone a long way down the road to ruin.

This is a very contradictory opinion. I'm confused.
Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 07:47 - Aug 22 with 1997 viewstractorboy1978

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 22:37 - Aug 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

There is certainly a potential can of worms with Bolton if the takeover does eventually go through and they strengthen the side.

Firstly because they've called off the game with Doncaster without real valid reason when they would have very likely lost - those points could be the difference between promotion/relegation come the end of the season.

Secondly because those that have faced them so far have played a team that is barely competitive. And again, the points will affect the final league table for these sides.
Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 07:52 - Aug 22 with 1973 viewsITFC_Forever

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 07:47 - Aug 22 by tractorboy1978

There is certainly a potential can of worms with Bolton if the takeover does eventually go through and they strengthen the side.

Firstly because they've called off the game with Doncaster without real valid reason when they would have very likely lost - those points could be the difference between promotion/relegation come the end of the season.

Secondly because those that have faced them so far have played a team that is barely competitive. And again, the points will affect the final league table for these sides.

The strength of teams has often changed as a season goes on, depending on who is injured / suspended etc, although is an extreme example.

Also, it gives a minor advantage in Bolton’s case to have has a week off before they okay us, but a bigger one to Donny before they play away at the team second in the league (Lincoln).

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 07:56 - Aug 22 with 1960 viewstractorboy1978

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 07:52 - Aug 22 by ITFC_Forever

The strength of teams has often changed as a season goes on, depending on who is injured / suspended etc, although is an extreme example.

Also, it gives a minor advantage in Bolton’s case to have has a week off before they okay us, but a bigger one to Donny before they play away at the team second in the league (Lincoln).

Small things perhaps but it does of course threaten the integrity of the competition. How a side that couldn't complete its final 2 fixtures last season have been allowed to start this season when they there has been no change in circumstances is beyond me.
Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 08:28 - Aug 22 with 1858 viewsSaleAway

To be fair - I think its an extreme reading of their comments. But they do have a valid point. The integrity of the competition is at risk - although the thing of donny getting a rest before playing LIncoln doesn't bother me that much, given that the vagaries of fixture lists for international call offs and cup competitions means that its fairly common that one team has a midweek game when one doesn't.

My issue with this whole thing is that Bury have been stopped from playing their matches, as, according to the EFL " They need to prove that they can complete their fixtures". But Bolton have now proved that they CAN'T fulfill their fixtures, so why aren't they having their games called off by the EFL?

Its a massive shambles. Living up here in the NW, I know a few of the fans of both clubs, and as usual, its the fans that suffer.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 08:35 - Aug 22 with 1825 viewschicoazul

Barton is a moron and a joke. Cowley makes a fair point.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 08:44 - Aug 22 with 1782 viewsGuthrum

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 07:56 - Aug 22 by tractorboy1978

Small things perhaps but it does of course threaten the integrity of the competition. How a side that couldn't complete its final 2 fixtures last season have been allowed to start this season when they there has been no change in circumstances is beyond me.

You could argue that the legal interference by Bassini (which prevented an agreed deal going through a couple of weeks ago) is an external factor, outside the control of the club, in much the same way as heavy snowfall or a flooded pitch.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 08:55 - Aug 22 with 1723 viewsSaleAway

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 08:44 - Aug 22 by Guthrum

You could argue that the legal interference by Bassini (which prevented an agreed deal going through a couple of weeks ago) is an external factor, outside the control of the club, in much the same way as heavy snowfall or a flooded pitch.

And yet - despite the legal block being lifted ( and given that they said they were hours away from completing when the injunction was brought in), they still haven't managed to get it done. Bassini is an easy target, but its not purely down to him that this is dragging on.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:01 - Aug 22 with 1690 viewsJimmyJazz

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 08:55 - Aug 22 by SaleAway

And yet - despite the legal block being lifted ( and given that they said they were hours away from completing when the injunction was brought in), they still haven't managed to get it done. Bassini is an easy target, but its not purely down to him that this is dragging on.

If Bury actually get to a position of being able to play fixtures they are already 4 games behind everyone else (and rising). So they will have to cram even more fixtures into a shorter period of time

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:01 - Aug 22 with 1690 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m concerned that with two clubs already as good as down that only leaves one relegation place up for grabs. The lesser teams will play with less fear against the bigger teams. Makes a mockery of the league.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:06 - Aug 22 with 1660 viewsJimmyJazz

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:01 - Aug 22 by GlasgowBlue

I’m concerned that with two clubs already as good as down that only leaves one relegation place up for grabs. The lesser teams will play with less fear against the bigger teams. Makes a mockery of the league.

This is league 1. 4 teams get relegated

But what is the alternative? Kick out Bolton and Bury in the summer? Think the EFL are attempting a difficult juggling act of giving both clubs as much of a chance as possible

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:15 - Aug 22 with 1620 viewsN2_Blue

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:01 - Aug 22 by GlasgowBlue

need to brush up on your football knowledge GB.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:45 - Aug 22 with 1538 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:15 - Aug 22 by N2_Blue

need to brush up on your football knowledge GB.

I hadn’t previously needed to worry about things like relegation from the third division.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:53 - Aug 22 with 1501 viewsRadlett_blue

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 08:28 - Aug 22 by SaleAway

To be fair - I think its an extreme reading of their comments. But they do have a valid point. The integrity of the competition is at risk - although the thing of donny getting a rest before playing LIncoln doesn't bother me that much, given that the vagaries of fixture lists for international call offs and cup competitions means that its fairly common that one team has a midweek game when one doesn't.

My issue with this whole thing is that Bury have been stopped from playing their matches, as, according to the EFL " They need to prove that they can complete their fixtures". But Bolton have now proved that they CAN'T fulfill their fixtures, so why aren't they having their games called off by the EFL?

Its a massive shambles. Living up here in the NW, I know a few of the fans of both clubs, and as usual, its the fans that suffer.

Bolton could fulfil their fixtures by playing the kids twice a week. Whether that's a good idea is another matter and whether cancelling their fixture this week was tactical, I don't know.
Bolton are slightly different from Bury as the club has been a near basket case since Eddie Davies pulled out. However, Bury were promoted last season despite running up unsustainable losses. I thought there were salary caps in these leagues to stop this kind of thing form happening?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 09:58 - Aug 22 with 1474 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Do you agree with Joey Barton & Danny Cowley comments regarding League One on 08:35 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

Barton is a moron and a joke. Cowley makes a fair point.

Whatever your opinion of Barton he is clearly not a moron.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024