Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors 11:56 - Mar 10 with 2178 viewsitfcjoe

Following Serie A in doing so

An inevitability it will be us soon in this country

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 11:57 - Mar 10 with 2183 viewsitfcjoe

I feel sorry for the fans of Liverpool, Leeds and Coventry - 3 big clubs starved off success who finally are going to get there but have to do it in front of empty stadiums

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:01 - Mar 10 with 2127 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 11:57 - Mar 10 by itfcjoe

I feel sorry for the fans of Liverpool, Leeds and Coventry - 3 big clubs starved off success who finally are going to get there but have to do it in front of empty stadiums

Said that this morning.

Wonder how it'll impact relegation battles too.
Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:06 - Mar 10 with 2109 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect that'll be the least of our worries. The stories coming out of Italy sound horrendous, and we're no better placed to cope.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:12 - Mar 10 with 2075 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:06 - Mar 10 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect that'll be the least of our worries. The stories coming out of Italy sound horrendous, and we're no better placed to cope.

Whilst the virus will spread just as much over here - it is not likely to hit us as hard. Italy has quite an elderly population in general and i think it has had the lowest birth rate of any big country for a while so it is a huge concern for them. It is unlikely we will have a close number of deaths to them.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:21 - Mar 10 with 2035 viewspositivity

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:12 - Mar 10 by JammyDodgerrr

Whilst the virus will spread just as much over here - it is not likely to hit us as hard. Italy has quite an elderly population in general and i think it has had the lowest birth rate of any big country for a while so it is a huge concern for them. It is unlikely we will have a close number of deaths to them.

our main positive over italy is we have their experience to learn from, and, if we can delay it enough, it will avoid the worst of the winter flu season

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:51 - Mar 10 with 1967 viewsitfcjoe

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:06 - Mar 10 by Swansea_Blue

Of course.

Just heard on a podcast that the whole Italian season may be cancelled - when the guy said surely it will be behind closed doors for a bit was met with "If you were over here, and could see what it was like, you'd understand" or words to that equivalence

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 13:29 - Mar 10 with 1861 viewsFtnfwest

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 11:57 - Mar 10 by itfcjoe

I know its all relative but just the two champions leagues in the last 15 years.... We on the other hand still 'have' to watch what gets served up at FPR.
Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 15:39 - Mar 10 with 1736 viewstextbackup

fans of Liverpool and leeds will simply turn up and stand outside the grounds IMO.

Coventry, well they'll just stay in Coventry while the team play in birmingham

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 15:41 - Mar 10 with 1725 viewsBlueStreak

Supposed to be going to Madrid Valencia Saturday week. That trip has been canned!
Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 15:51 - Mar 10 with 1700 viewsStokieBlue

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:12 - Mar 10 by JammyDodgerrr

You are certainly right that Italy has a larger percentage of people of 65 (23%) but in actual numbers terms the differences aren't so large.

13.8m people over 65 in Italy, 12.6m people over 65 in the UK.

If it spreads in the same way we are likely to be just as challenged as the Italian health service. I guess the big point there is the "if".

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 16:00 - Mar 10 with 1686 viewsPhilTWTD

Asked the club where things are at on this front and the EFL message at present is business as usual, but obviously could well change. Club being guided by the authorities.
Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 16:01 - Mar 10 with 1675 viewsgiant_stow

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 15:51 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

You are certainly right that Italy has a larger percentage of people of 65 (23%) but in actual numbers terms the differences aren't so large.

13.8m people over 65 in Italy, 12.6m people over 65 in the UK.

If it spreads in the same way we are likely to be just as challenged as the Italian health service. I guess the big point there is the "if".

SB

Stokie, I know you're keeping up on the science of all this, so any idea why the Italians are been hit so hard with this? In particular, their relatively high death rate?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 16:32 - Mar 10 with 1593 viewsTIB

I'm in midst of planning a mini beer festival at the Town Hall before the Pompey game on 21st...starting to panic a bit that something like this will happen here and I'll be left with 1000 pints and an empty room!!!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 17:09 - Mar 10 with 1548 viewsBloomBlue

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 12:51 - Mar 10 by itfcjoe

Of course.

Just heard on a podcast that the whole Italian season may be cancelled - when the guy said surely it will be behind closed doors for a bit was met with "If you were over here, and could see what it was like, you'd understand" or words to that equivalence

Let's hope they dont cancel the season and liverpool miss out on winning the prem that would terrible.

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 22:05 - Mar 10 with 1401 viewsStokieBlue

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 16:01 - Mar 10 by giant_stow

Stokie, I know you're keeping up on the science of all this, so any idea why the Italians are been hit so hard with this? In particular, their relatively high death rate?

I don't think there has been anything specifically said in regards to that. I think the fact it's been there a while and went unnoticed meant it could get into many families. A lot of older people also live in the family group there meaning a lot of vulnerable people are getting it.

There could also be an underlying genetic reason but no research is out that I've seen. The mortality rate is very high though - up above 6% as of today which is massive - 60 times that of seasonal flu.

It could just be a function of more old people getting it there than other places. We won't know until a few more European countries get heavily infected.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Next 2 weeks of fixtures in La Liga are behind closed doors on 22:20 - Mar 10 with 1358 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Best bit of news I have heard all season.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024