Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pearson 21:30 - Jan 31 with 3444 viewscressi

Seems as only a rumour nothing to prove otherwise
Pearson on 21:31 - Jan 31 with 3436 viewsSitfcB

It’s come from Phil hearing whispers.

The official twitter is dead quiet by PhilTWTD 31 Jan 2021 16:57
Not sure whether these games were a turning point as such, but with ME having put such store by the pre-Christmas form being down to injuries, they were three games with most of the injured players back and a new signing. As I say, if and when Marcus makes a decision, he'll look for and sort another manager before he makes a change.

Further to that, I've heard whispers ME has had contact with various potential managers for a little while now from various sources, Paul Cook, the Cowleys, Nigel Pearson among them and two people mentioned Neil Harris as a potential target to me last week. How serious those contacts might have been, I don't know.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Pearson on 21:32 - Jan 31 with 3421 viewstextbackup

aiming way too high IMO....

Cook or Cowleys for me - and even they could be seen as beyond our reach

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pearson on 21:37 - Jan 31 with 3339 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pearson on 21:32 - Jan 31 by textbackup

aiming way too high IMO....

Cook or Cowleys for me - and even they could be seen as beyond our reach

In a perverse way, I think the fact that we have fallen so far will be an attraction to some contenders.

Cook, and the Cowleys (and Pearson for arguments sake), will remember what we were and the managers that have passed through the door or Portman Road and want to be the one to lift us up off the floor.

To some that will be more appealing that a 6 month contract at a non descript championship club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pearson on 21:41 - Jan 31 with 3304 viewsBugs

Pearson on 21:37 - Jan 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

In a perverse way, I think the fact that we have fallen so far will be an attraction to some contenders.

Cook, and the Cowleys (and Pearson for arguments sake), will remember what we were and the managers that have passed through the door or Portman Road and want to be the one to lift us up off the floor.

To some that will be more appealing that a 6 month contract at a non descript championship club.

We are certainly a more attractive proposition than some fans think we are.
Pearson on 21:42 - Jan 31 with 3287 viewsWD19

Half a million quid a year, a minimum of a 4 year contract, the only way is up.
I think we can attract someone decent enough to get us up.
Pearson on 21:45 - Jan 31 with 3265 viewstextbackup

yep get what you are saying - the failing/sleeping giant could be awaken again.

and honestly, if someone came in a took us into the playoffs they would be seen as a hero, standards are THAT low.

Pearson on 21:50 - Jan 31 with 3208 viewsgazzer1999

It's going to be Pearson, better get used to it. It's the same as when Lambert got the job gradually little bits creep out.
Pearson on 21:55 - Jan 31 with 3154 viewscressi

Pearson on 21:50 - Jan 31 by gazzer1999

It's going to be Pearson, better get used to it. It's the same as when Lambert got the job gradually little bits creep out.

I personally think it will take either Pearson or the Cowleys I'm not sure how strong Cook would be with the senior pros at the moment the club is rotten
Login to get fewer ads

Pearson on 21:56 - Jan 31 with 3137 viewsBlueBadger

Pearson on 21:50 - Jan 31 by gazzer1999

We are well below his level. It's not going to happen.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pearson on 22:00 - Jan 31 with 3111 viewsgazzer1999

Pearson on 21:56 - Jan 31 by BlueBadger

We may be 'below his level' but a sky sports occasional pundit without a job? But I hope it won't happen. Still think it should come from within or someone with links to the club, but that's me wishful thinking I guess. All other ways have failed, I bet if Brian Klug had some input into the team selection there would be no 1 up top and I bet he would start 3 at the back.
Pearson on 22:05 - Jan 31 with 3068 viewsjeera

Pearson on 21:56 - Jan 31 by BlueBadger

It would be good if someone competent who didn't need the money, (so almost anyone who's been anyone in football in the past 2 decades then), just fancied a challenge and gave it a go.

You know, came in with an honest agenda with only good intentions and no search for self financial gain.

Yes, parallels could be drawn elsewhere too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pearson on 22:39 - Jan 31 with 2912 viewsGarv

Pearson on 21:45 - Jan 31 by textbackup

yep get what you are saying - the failing/sleeping giant could be awaken again.

and honestly, if someone came in a took us into the playoffs they would be seen as a hero, standards are THAT low.

Genuine question, are we a sleeping giant?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Pearson on 22:44 - Jan 31 with 2867 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pearson on 22:39 - Jan 31 by Garv

I stopped short of using that phrase.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pearson on 22:53 - Jan 31 with 2823 viewstextbackup

nope..... not in my eyes we aren't...… but if a manager walks in and see's the names before him etc, he might see it that way.

we are done for in my eyes, never gonna return from this, evans has killed us.

Pearson on 23:11 - Jan 31 with 2750 viewsGarv

Pearson on 22:53 - Jan 31 by textbackup

nope..... not in my eyes we aren't...… but if a manager walks in and see's the names before him etc, he might see it that way.

we are done for in my eyes, never gonna return from this, evans has killed us.

Who? Lambert, Hurst, McCarthy, Jewell, Keane, Jim Magilton?

Going a long long way back to be in awe or even genuinely impressed by previous names.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Pearson on 23:17 - Jan 31 with 2704 viewstextbackup

Pearson on 23:11 - Jan 31 by Garv

Who? Lambert, Hurst, McCarthy, Jewell, Keane, Jim Magilton?

Going a long long way back to be in awe or even genuinely impressed by previous names.

going a long way back is what im getting at.

Pearson on 23:29 - Jan 31 with 2664 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Pearson on 23:40 - Jan 31 with 2623 viewsIP4_Blue

Pearson on 23:17 - Jan 31 by textbackup

going a long way back is what im getting at.

Only need to see who 2 stands are named after might be along time ago but still good history. Plus 30k capacity ground bigger than a few in premier league now I believe we are still an attractive proposition we are still seen as a well respected football club with a good history from the outside
Pearson on 07:59 - Feb 1 with 2372 viewsfergalsharkey

Pearson on 21:31 - Jan 31 by SitfcB

It’s come from Phil hearing whispers.

The official twitter is dead quiet by PhilTWTD 31 Jan 2021 16:57
Not sure whether these games were a turning point as such, but with ME having put such store by the pre-Christmas form being down to injuries, they were three games with most of the injured players back and a new signing. As I say, if and when Marcus makes a decision, he'll look for and sort another manager before he makes a change.

Further to that, I've heard whispers ME has had contact with various potential managers for a little while now from various sources, Paul Cook, the Cowleys, Nigel Pearson among them and two people mentioned Neil Harris as a potential target to me last week. How serious those contacts might have been, I don't know.

Nigel Pearson!

Cloud cuckoo land.

League 2 beckons.

Poll: Cook out?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024