Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC has got to coach some really bad habits 21:14 - Mar 9 with 1045 viewstextbackup

Out of really average/poor footballers ASAP, or have a massive clear out.

I trust him to see this and in time be able to achieve it.

They just aren’t brave, attack minded. Revert back 80% of the time.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:15 - Mar 9 with 1012 viewschrismakin

One immediate difference however.. lack if needless fouls given away in our half. Much much better

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:16 - Mar 9 with 1011 viewsclive_baker

It’s remarkable how often you see one of our players take 2 steps forward with the ball before checking back. There’s a real lack of confidence, as well as options in advanced areas. We look so afraid of losing the ball.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:17 - Mar 9 with 971 viewsMrTown

Indeed, going to be really tough between now and the end of the season to do so, due to lack of training. Think he’s had the same amount of games as full days training with the squad so far.

He’s a top class manager, a proven winner, will get it rights especially with a possible clear out and a pre season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:18 - Mar 9 with 969 viewsjeera

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:16 - Mar 9 by clive_baker

It’s remarkable how often you see one of our players take 2 steps forward with the ball before checking back. There’s a real lack of confidence, as well as options in advanced areas. We look so afraid of losing the ball.

In the first 20 odd minutes or so of the first half we saw a side who were constantly pushing forwards.

But the second half [!] seemed to revert to type.

It's been coached into them so much, this fecking Lambert thing of passing and passing meaninglessly with no end product.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:19 - Mar 9 with 944 viewsDubtractor

Yep, that habit of checking back from promising positions is a massive problem for us. At a stroke, the attacking opportunity is gone and the defence is set.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:19 - Mar 9 with 939 viewschrismakin

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:18 - Mar 9 by jeera

In the first 20 odd minutes or so of the first half we saw a side who were constantly pushing forwards.

But the second half [!] seemed to revert to type.

It's been coached into them so much, this fecking Lambert thing of passing and passing meaninglessly with no end product.

Whilst you're spot on. We also showed when we did push forward we were then having issues with their wingers we didnt see anything of them when we slowed down

I think it was a sensible move

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:21 - Mar 9 with 925 viewsitfcjoe

They;ve had it drummed into them all season to not lose the ball, and been getting bo11ocked when they do, or threatened to be sent in from training if they do......it won't be a quick fix from there unless we can spin a few decent results together and kick on.......not beyond the realms of possibility when you see fixture list that we do so and momentum builds

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:21 - Mar 9 with 915 viewstextbackup

I’d personally like to see Wolf next to Wilson.

Wolf can play so him bring it out, and up the pitch a bit, will force the midfield up to receive it.

Sitting deep tapping it around gets you nothing.

Login to get fewer ads

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:23 - Mar 9 with 883 viewstextbackup

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:21 - Mar 9 by itfcjoe

They;ve had it drummed into them all season to not lose the ball, and been getting bo11ocked when they do, or threatened to be sent in from training if they do......it won't be a quick fix from there unless we can spin a few decent results together and kick on.......not beyond the realms of possibility when you see fixture list that we do so and momentum builds

Your man off BM was saying similar on Twitter, it’s engraved in their brains to play this way.

Just hope the players quickly pick up on PCs enthusiasm and passion for driving up the pitch at pace. Jackson being up top would help that, I think

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:25 - Mar 9 with 844 viewsZXBlue

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:23 - Mar 9 by textbackup

Your man off BM was saying similar on Twitter, it’s engraved in their brains to play this way.

Just hope the players quickly pick up on PCs enthusiasm and passion for driving up the pitch at pace. Jackson being up top would help that, I think

It was noticeable in the first 20 minutes, that several players were being positive and driving with the ball. Edwards and Bishop in particular. They reverted as time went on, but I was happy with what I saw. Lots of work to do, but some nice movement and interchanges to build on.
PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:25 - Mar 9 with 840 viewstownblue

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:21 - Mar 9 by textbackup

Wolf can play so him bring it out, and up the pitch a bit, will force the midfield up to receive it.

Agreed. A bit worrying that he's not made the squad.
PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:26 - Mar 9 with 841 viewsDubtractor

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:21 - Mar 9 by textbackup

I'd agree with that re Woolf instead of Toto. Toto is the better defender, but it stuck out like a sore thumb tonight how much Lincoln just let him have the ball and just closed off the simple pass options.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Having watched that game.... on 21:28 - Mar 9 with 803 viewsBloots

...I felt the need to have a massive clear out too.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:34 - Mar 9 with 742 viewstextbackup

PC has got to coach some really bad habits on 21:26 - Mar 9 by Dubtractor

I'd agree with that re Woolf instead of Toto. Toto is the better defender, but it stuck out like a sore thumb tonight how much Lincoln just let him have the ball and just closed off the simple pass options.

Lol - never seen a player given that much time.

I’m chuffed we got a draw, and started well, have full support in PC.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024