Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating 17:26 - Sep 17 with 3201 viewsitfcsuth

But the brutal reality is a point at Hillsborough is a really good result.

We put in the perfect away display until we scored the second, and then a moment of nativity from Burns and what looked like an offside to me.

Take the point through this tough run of fixtures and we move on to the next. We remain in a really healthy position.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 17:29 - Sep 17 with 2659 viewsmr_bean

Yes. Wednesday must have thought that Christmas had come early.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 17:31 - Sep 17 with 2631 viewsGuthrum

A draw is a draw, whatever order the goals go in. Would have been more surprised if we had kept a clean sheet. We've still taken a point from a rival at their place.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 17:36 - Sep 17 with 2596 viewsRyorry

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 17:31 - Sep 17 by Guthrum

A draw is a draw, whatever order the goals go in. Would have been more surprised if we had kept a clean sheet. We've still taken a point from a rival at their place.

... and taken two points away from them of course ...

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 18:26 - Sep 17 with 2510 viewsBlue_Moses

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 17:36 - Sep 17 by Ryorry

... and taken two points away from them of course ...

We defended for most of the game so let's take the point and move on of course being 2-0 up makes it worse
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 18:57 - Sep 17 with 2447 viewsbournemouthblue

The key in these fixtures really is not to lose, come out of these unscathed and we'll be in a healthy position
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 19:52]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 18:59 - Sep 17 with 2438 viewsmarchy

I am to be frank incensed by that offside decision.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 19:03 - Sep 17 with 2407 viewsEdwardStone

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 18:59 - Sep 17 by marchy

I am to be frank incensed by that offside decision.

I'm a bit myrhh about it
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 19:06 - Sep 17 with 2391 viewsmarchy

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 19:03 - Sep 17 by EdwardStone

I'm a bit myrhh about it

Very annoying that the goldid stand.
Login to get fewer ads

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 19:51 - Sep 17 with 2298 viewsitfcsuth

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 18:57 - Sep 17 by bournemouthblue

The key in these fixtures really is not to lose, come out of these unscathed and we'll be in a healthy position

Especially on your travels, you go to Hillsborough, Fratton Park, Home Park for example and come away with minimum a point, as well as putting in a good display for large parts of the game, you are really happy.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 19:54 - Sep 17 with 2277 viewsbournemouthblue

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 19:51 - Sep 17 by itfcsuth

Especially on your travels, you go to Hillsborough, Fratton Park, Home Park for example and come away with minimum a point, as well as putting in a good display for large parts of the game, you are really happy.

Definitely, then pan them at FPR

Sheffield Wednesday were definitely the side I was most concerned about because they're big and physical, I still think an effective physical side is likely to be our kryptonite

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 20:05 - Sep 17 with 2236 viewsitfcsuth

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 19:54 - Sep 17 by bournemouthblue

Sheffield Wednesday were definitely the side I was most concerned about because they're big and physical, I still think an effective physical side is likely to be our kryptonite

Yeah for me it was Sheff Wed & Posh - never really do well at Posh but they do seem to be struggling a bit.

The home advantage helps when the support is with you - it really can make a difference - it just adds another layer to the pressure, and it did today especially in the final 15.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 20:07 - Sep 17 with 2227 viewsAndy1867

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 19:54 - Sep 17 by bournemouthblue

fair play to your travelling support today...enjoyed chatting to some of you...out of politeness we all agreed on a point apiece
good game I thought, ruined by some baffling officiating.
The only good decision I can recall is your opener when the ref decided to play on after the foul on you number 7?.....Sadly he also allowed play on after the foull on our attacker and you broke and got the second...As for the equaliser...after watching it back...yea ..its offside...
2 sets of passionate fans...3 bloody woeful clowns running the circus...entertaining/...probably for a neutral...most owls and town fans probably not so happy
Good luck for the rest of the season
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 20:14 - Sep 17 with 2188 viewsVic

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 20:07 - Sep 17 by Andy1867

fair play to your travelling support today...enjoyed chatting to some of you...out of politeness we all agreed on a point apiece
The only good decision I can recall is your opener when the ref decided to play on after the foul on you number 7?.....Sadly he also allowed play on after the foull on our attacker and you broke and got the second...As for the equaliser...after watching it back...yea ..its offside...
2 sets of passionate fans...3 bloody woeful clowns running the circus...entertaining/...probably for a neutral...most owls and town fans probably not so happy

Cheers Andy.

Hope you come 2nd in the league

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 20:20 - Sep 17 with 2159 viewschicoazul

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 18:57 - Sep 17 by bournemouthblue

No.
We HAVE to be winning games like this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 20:22 - Sep 17 with 2134 viewsAndy1867

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 20:14 - Sep 17 by Vic

Cheers Andy.

Hope you come 2nd in the league

i'll take that Vic...sick of this division
I suppose its pretty similar for you lot...20k in watching a ref and 2 linos that should be directing traffic...(well maybe thats too dangerous) ruining what was a decent game of football, between 2 teams trying to play it in a good atmosphere , sadly some of our lot couldn't keep the dummy in , but nothing against Town or their fans, it must have been just as annoying for you when the equaliser went in
its not as though ive not watched this crap before...3rd time down here, first was in the 70's and its not got any better
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 21:13 - Sep 17 with 2016 viewsVic

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 20:20 - Sep 17 by chicoazul

No.
We HAVE to be winning games like this.

Why? Not sure I get your thinking chizzers

Draw away, win at home and it’s job done.

Of course we want to win, but a draw against your closest rivals is never a bad result.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 21:25 - Sep 17 with 1966 viewsjas0999

It’s a considerably worse result for Wednesday than it is us. Dropped two points at home.

Still a Bit disappointing, but not at our best and still took an away point.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 21:43 - Sep 17 with 1908 viewsArnieM

We gifted it to the last season too.

But I’d take a point at their place thanks. We move on.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 21:46 - Sep 17 with 1895 viewsitfcsuth

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 20:07 - Sep 17 by Andy1867

Did you really think the referee was that poor today - I thought a couple of strange decisions but that happens every week at this level - that is why they aren’t officiating further up the pyramid.

I thought he could have played advantage for us late in the second half and Wes Burns was clean through but blew his whistle too early.

I have to say the slamming of the referee today from SW fans and some Town fans is incredibly over the top.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 23:18 - Sep 17 with 1717 viewschicoazul

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 21:13 - Sep 17 by Vic

Why? Not sure I get your thinking chizzers

Draw away, win at home and it’s job done.

Of course we want to win, but a draw against your closest rivals is never a bad result.

It is if you need to finish above them. We have to get wins against everyone including our main rivals at their place.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 01:03 - Sep 18 with 1612 viewsBigCommon

Tough fixture ticked off.. No change at the top of the league.
I'm ok with a point at Hillsborough.
It was important not to lose.
We got Plymouth up next. They conceded a 94th minute equaliser at Pompey today.
That's football for you.
They'll be in similar mood tonight, as us, no doubt.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 03:44 - Sep 18 with 1548 viewsBondiBlue

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 23:18 - Sep 17 by chicoazul

It is if you need to finish above them. We have to get wins against everyone including our main rivals at their place.

You don't have to win every game to get promoted. When you're top, getting a point away at your closest challengers to keep them behind you is fine. Only your closest challengers obviously, but i think sheffield wednesday will be right up there.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 06:39 - Sep 18 with 1471 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 21:46 - Sep 17 by itfcsuth

Did you really think the referee was that poor today - I thought a couple of strange decisions but that happens every week at this level - that is why they aren’t officiating further up the pyramid.

I thought he could have played advantage for us late in the second half and Wes Burns was clean through but blew his whistle too early.

I have to say the slamming of the referee today from SW fans and some Town fans is incredibly over the top.

Referee was bad but they almost all are at this level.

All about balance isn’t it - we were the better side today and should see out the game. One or two will learn a lot from that and hopefully that’ll serve them well as we progress.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 06:46 - Sep 18 with 1461 viewsWestcountryblue

Totally agree. Preventing a fellow automatic promotion team from 3 points at home is a good result, especially if we can pick up 3 points later on in the season at PR.

The difference between us and Sheff Wed is that we can truly play teams off the park at this level. Sheff Wed's physicality and high tempo press will be matched by other physical teams at this level.
Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 07:58 - Sep 18 with 1335 viewsSawtrich

Of course it’s incredibly frustrating on 23:18 - Sep 17 by chicoazul

"we have to get wins against everyone"

do we, blimey! we've messed up the season already then haven't we, 6 wins, 3 draws, 0 defeats, all over for us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024