Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson uptop tomorrow? 13:35 - Jan 13 with 4247 viewsFrimleyBlue

No idea of the pace of the 2 new signings.. but I did wonder if we might see Jackson uptop to start with to stretch the likes of Wilson.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:36 - Jan 13 with 2878 viewsWhataday78

que the unnecessary hate....
Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:38 - Jan 13 with 2832 viewsIllinoisblue

Given who we’ve just signed that would be quite something.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:38 - Jan 13 with 2826 viewsDyland

I just can't remember him doing well as a lone striker, ever....

Maybe on the right, he can still trouble them with his pace from there.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:39 - Jan 13 with 2806 viewsclive_baker

Hirst is pretty quick, can't see him starting tomorrow though.

9 out of 11 are nailed on surely, I can't decide who leads the line or partners Chaplin in the number 10 role though. I'm thinking it might be Harness and Ladapo with both newbies on the bench.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:40 - Jan 13 with 2802 viewsJackNorthStand

I understand the thinking behind this pace wise and you may be correct. I would be surprised if, given the new signings, we see Kayden Jackson start too much in the future. Though I guess giving the new signings time to bed in may be a factor.
Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:40 - Jan 13 with 2794 viewsStokieBlue

An interesting idea, however I think that many (including myself) think he's far better off the wing as we don't really play balls in behind. Also worth noting that Plymouth generally play 3 at the back so stretching 3 players is going to be harder than 2.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:48 - Jan 13 with 2695 viewsMetal_Hacker

Not a chance I wouldn't have thought

Broadhead and Chaplin number 10's with Freddie starting after last week's performance

See how it goes and if things look ok after 60 swap Freddie for Hirst maybe unless Freddie is about bag a hat trick !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:48 - Jan 13 with 2703 viewsvilanovablue

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:39 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

9 out of 11 are nailed on surely, I can't decide who leads the line or partners Chaplin in the number 10 role though. I'm thinking it might be Harness and Ladapo with both newbies on the bench.

I can't see a player costing 1.5 mill being benched. Leif Davis was bought into the side immediately and he had virtually no time with the club and had been in Australia only a few days before our first game. Broadhead will have had a good period of time to train with the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:48 - Jan 13 with 2699 viewsParky

Nope.
Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:50 - Jan 13 with 2685 viewstractordownsouth

I hope not. The game turned at Home Park when Jackson went up front and we lost the presence of Ladapo as an out ball.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:51 - Jan 13 with 2663 viewsHerbivore

I can see the logic, but it sounds like Plymouth sat pretty deep at Bolton and I'd expect to see similar from them at PR. A point is an excellent result for them. Against teams that sit deep, Jackson doesn't offer enough in that number 9 role. Think this is a game for Freddie to start and if Jackson makes an appearance it'll be out wide against tiring legs. That's where he can make a big contribution.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:57 - Jan 13 with 2530 viewsBlueBlood90

Where is this burning pace that Jackson supposedly has? I genuinely don't ever recall him bursting past anyone who has a 5-10 yard head start.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:57 - Jan 13 with 2516 viewshomer_123

Ahadme to start and score a hat-trick.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:57 - Jan 13 with 2519 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:51 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

I can see the logic, but it sounds like Plymouth sat pretty deep at Bolton and I'd expect to see similar from them at PR. A point is an excellent result for them. Against teams that sit deep, Jackson doesn't offer enough in that number 9 role. Think this is a game for Freddie to start and if Jackson makes an appearance it'll be out wide against tiring legs. That's where he can make a big contribution.

I think it was Lincoln where we went with Jackson starting. Tbf might have been because of the bug thing.. but I did wonder if it might be a plan of KMs and then introduce the new lads with ladapo in the 2nd half.

Either way. Some great options to have.

Waka waka eh eh

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:59 - Jan 13 with 2502 viewsGarv

Hope not.

Walton
JD Wolf Burgess*
Burns Evans Morsy Davis
Chaplin Broadhead
Ladapo

*Wouldn't be at all upset to see Edmundson. Seems crazy that he can't get a game and overall I still rate him over Burgess, but he deserves his place currently.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:59 - Jan 13 with 2496 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:57 - Jan 13 by BlueBlood90

Where is this burning pace that Jackson supposedly has? I genuinely don't ever recall him bursting past anyone who has a 5-10 yard head start.

Think it's more of a case of a lasting pace rather than electric. Altho managers have said he is incredibly quick.

Waka waka eh eh

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:01 - Jan 13 with 2453 viewsLancsBlue

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:39 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

I agree. Hirst has had very little football and McKenna will want his existing (very good) players to know that they are not being left out in the cold. I expect Broadhead and Hirst both to be on the bench and both to come on. If McKenna springs a surprise it's more likely to be Jackson for Burns for his pace, or possibly even Edmundson for Burgess as a better footballer against a side that won't be relying on early balls into the box.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:02 - Jan 13 with 2422 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:59 - Jan 13 by Garv

Hope not.

Walton
JD Wolf Burgess*
Burns Evans Morsy Davis
Chaplin Broadhead
Ladapo

*Wouldn't be at all upset to see Edmundson. Seems crazy that he can't get a game and overall I still rate him over Burgess, but he deserves his place currently.

That's the starting line up just there

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:03 - Jan 13 with 2411 viewsGeoffSentence

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:57 - Jan 13 by BlueBlood90

5 to 10 yards is a hell of a headstart in a footy game where most sprints are very short. I wouldnt expect to see anyone in the game make up that sort of gap.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:04 - Jan 13 with 2404 viewsHerbivore

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:57 - Jan 13 by FrimleyBlue

I think it was Lincoln where we went with Jackson starting. Tbf might have been because of the bug thing.. but I did wonder if it might be a plan of KMs and then introduce the new lads with ladapo in the 2nd half.

Either way. Some great options to have.

Yes, he started up top against Lincoln and he did get their player red carded but otherwise didn't offer enough, especially once they sat even deeper with ten men.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:05 - Jan 13 with 2399 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:59 - Jan 13 by Garv

Hope not.

Walton
JD Wolf Burgess*
Burns Evans Morsy Davis
Chaplin Broadhead
Ladapo

I don't think an in and out edmundson is the way to go tomorrow. And we are going to need Burgess height at times.

Rest of line up is nice tho. Don't know enough about the new lads to talk much of them but I know harness is so hot and cold ill trust KM if he thinks broady is ready straight away

Waka waka eh eh

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:08 - Jan 13 with 2347 viewsitfcjoe

Not for me Clive, I hope I have seen the last of Jackson as a number 9 at Portman Road as it just doesn't suit him, there will be the odd away game where it might do but if he plays I want it to be where he hurts the opposition as a wideman.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:10 - Jan 13 with 2325 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:05 - Jan 13 by FrimleyBlue

I don't think an in and out edmundson is the way to go tomorrow. And we are going to need Burgess height at times.

Rest of line up is nice tho. Don't know enough about the new lads to talk much of them but I know harness is so hot and cold ill trust KM if he thinks broady is ready straight away

I'm not convinced we are any better at defending in the air when Burgess is playing. Most of the goals we concede aren't because the CB's have missed them, it's the full backs or wingers not winning the header.

Burgess has done fine but after watching Edmundson again the other match it's clear to me that Burgess is slower to make the decision on what to do with the ball. Still think Burgess will start tomorrow though.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:13 - Jan 13 with 2255 viewsjaykay

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 13:51 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

good to see you back in the fold.hope to see others back soon

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Jackson uptop tomorrow? on 14:16 - Jan 13 with 2226 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Can't believe we'll see Jackson "up top" again. It's not a role he's good at.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024