Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 3 New Signings 10:23 - Aug 15 with 13353 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

So we assume Adam Armstrong for £8million is not happening, but we were told there are 3 more key signings coming. The club has managed to keep these ones closer to their chest, maybe after what happened with George Hirst being stalked and hounded that is for the best, but I am honestly at a loss to even make a guess at who it is. I would expect a centre half but no idea who! Any guesses?

On the leavers I would be on Edmundson, Edwards (a given now), Evans, Ball and even Ladapo could be a shout to be off to make room for the new three.
The 3 New Signings on 10:25 - Aug 15 with 7447 viewsBseaBlue

Do we think it will be that many? I do wonder whether the start to the season (including pre season) may have changed things slightly as some of the fringe players have performed well.
The 3 New Signings on 10:29 - Aug 15 with 7387 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Think Ashtons mouth might have got the better of him. I think he probably wants a few more, but we might not get 3. But if we do;

I think Rak Sakyi is going to come here, which excites me a lot.

Then i think we will get a left sided defender on loan.

And maybe John Jules late in the window to be that versatile striker/3 behind player. I'm a big fan, I think if you keep him fit he is more than capable of playing at this level. And without the pressure of him being the main man, he could excel imo.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The 3 New Signings on 10:34 - Aug 15 with 7310 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Ashton mentioned those 3 signings over 3 weeks ago, think those birds have already flown. McNally was one that got away. Guess most of our first choice signings didnt happen it all depends what goes on now before deadline day. Just hope we dont end up with two panic buys right at the end of the window like we did last summer.
We really could do with an experienced CB and another striker. We could also do with someone challenging Burns a bit more.
Cant see Edmundson leaving its an area we need to strengthen not weaken. Ladapo wont go either,again we need another striker, 2 really isnt enough. Ball will stay he is versatile,can switch to a few positions.
Edwards, Evans(maybe) they could be on their way. Harness also.
The 3 New Signings on 10:35 - Aug 15 with 7298 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'm not sure the club has ever said 'key' signings. Also MA said that weeks ago, also saying that two were a long way down the line, and nothing has materialised, so we've either missed out, moved on, or they are far more complicated that we know.

Right now, I would be surprised to see Fridge, or for that matter Ball, move on even if we bring a CB in. We are very light at CB and RB with the injuries to Clarke and Edmundson. Baggot is an option, but unproven at Championship level, far more likely to see introductions for him from the bench, late in games that are sewn up.

My big worry in defence is if someone comes in with a big bid for Wolfie or Davis for example, we are going to be really struggling to get a replacement before the end of the window.

With Evans, giving him the captaincy when Morsy isn't there shows the respect for him in the building, and I see him as Morsy's back up. For Ladapo to go, we'd have to sign 2 strikers.

I think we will see one maybe two come in, but only if someone moves on. January will be our key window, depending on where we are come December 1st.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 12:05]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The 3 New Signings on 10:38 - Aug 15 with 7223 viewsBiGDonnie

The 3 New Signings on 10:34 - Aug 15 by Naylorsrightboot

Ashton mentioned those 3 signings over 3 weeks ago, think those birds have already flown. McNally was one that got away. Guess most of our first choice signings didnt happen it all depends what goes on now before deadline day. Just hope we dont end up with two panic buys right at the end of the window like we did last summer.
We really could do with an experienced CB and another striker. We could also do with someone challenging Burns a bit more.
Cant see Edmundson leaving its an area we need to strengthen not weaken. Ladapo wont go either,again we need another striker, 2 really isnt enough. Ball will stay he is versatile,can switch to a few positions.

Come on Southampton. Your boys absolutely bottled it Saturday. Loser.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The 3 New Signings on 10:39 - Aug 15 with 7213 viewsthe_toff

In:

Tuanzebe
Rak-Sakyi (loan)
Armstrong

Out:

Edwards
Ladapo
Evans
Baggott (loan)

I would be delighted with this business, would feel like a Jan 2023 window level of upgrade. I can't see us paying anywhere near that amount for Armstrong though, perhaps we've identified another forward that we're working on.
The 3 New Signings on 10:41 - Aug 15 with 7168 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I do hope we don’t rest on our laurels. We’ve had a brilliant start, but I still think we need to add some quality to the squad - if nothing else because a couple of injuries or key players would significantly weaken us.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s not much movement, and they see how things pan out with a view to possibly strengthening in January. Exciting times ahead for sure.
The 3 New Signings on 10:43 - Aug 15 with 7125 viewsRegencyBlue

I think it’s fair to say our transfer business hasn’t gone completely to plan.

I’m pretty sure the club would have wanted to be further advanced with things than it is. Ashton may well regret being quite so bullish a few weeks ago as it very much looks like we have missed out on our remaining first choice targets.

Having said that there are still a few weeks to go so time will tell.
Login to get fewer ads

The 3 New Signings on 10:44 - Aug 15 with 7090 viewsthe_toff

Not sure we would need to sign 2 strikers if Ladapo goes, just an upgrade with him leaving would be fine. Would leave us with Hirst and the new signing vying for that role, with the other coming on. In the event of injuries we'll still have Jackson who can fill in short term. You would normally have 4 for 2 forward positions so I don't see the issue having 2 (3 with Jackson) for 1. Especially when we have Burns, Broadhead, Chaplin, Hutchinson who are all quality players playing in the wide and number 10 positions.
"Panic buys" on 10:46 - Aug 15 with 7064 viewsDyland

It's not MEG anymore. There have been no panic buys. In fact, I wouldn't even call them that under MEG. Sh1t... and/or bargain basement... and/or canny would be more appropriate, based on budget and manager. The term "panic buying" is really inaccurate, and quite rude really.

An example of "panic buying" is bananas trying to fill their whole house with bog roll and baked beans during the first Covid wave.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The 3 New Signings on 10:46 - Aug 15 with 7048 viewsKieran_Knows

Hirst wasn't stalked and hounded, Ashton couldn't have overstated that anymore if he tried.

He was photographed by several different people in several different locations who just got a bit happy that he was signing and had seen on social media that this car was at the ground.

It got creepy, don't get me wrong, but he definitely wasn't followed around Town. My feeling is that Ashton was using that as a deflection because he hasn't quite got the deals over the line that he mentioned a few weeks back.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The 3 New Signings on 10:47 - Aug 15 with 7023 viewsKieran_Knows

The 3 New Signings on 10:25 - Aug 15 by BseaBlue

Do we think it will be that many? I do wonder whether the start to the season (including pre season) may have changed things slightly as some of the fringe players have performed well.

I hate this, just because we've had a good start, doesn't now mean everything is rosy.

We need 3 players, minimum, if we are looking to compete at the top end of this division.

The 3 New Signings on 10:47 - Aug 15 with 7023 viewsBlueBoots

We have room for 2 already if Edwards moves on (as seems likely); can see it being TJJ and a CB, and business done until we re-assess what we have to go again in the winter window.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

The 3 New Signings on 10:48 - Aug 15 with 7010 viewsitfc48

Might be a bit out of our reach but I'd love Cameron Archer. Rumours are Villa are open to a sale albeit with a buyback clause.
The 3 New Signings on 10:49 - Aug 15 with 6986 viewsLankHenners

The 3 New Signings on 10:29 - Aug 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Think Ashtons mouth might have got the better of him. I think he probably wants a few more, but we might not get 3. But if we do;

I think Rak Sakyi is going to come here, which excites me a lot.

Then i think we will get a left sided defender on loan.

And maybe John Jules late in the window to be that versatile striker/3 behind player. I'm a big fan, I think if you keep him fit he is more than capable of playing at this level. And without the pressure of him being the main man, he could excel imo.

Said yesterday it was a bit stupid of him to say that really and only looks more daft now.

Going off what has been said by people who know and putting things together, you can work out that 2 of the '2 or 3' were probably McNally who we thought was coming here but went to Stoke, and Rak-Sakyi who has been reported by Phil and other journalists to be looking very likely to come here but I imagine Leicester's interest in him in particular has made that one more difficult. If Olise leaves Palace as well they may U-turn on sending R-S out on loan.

Just hope we don't end up the same as last summer when we make a rash move for players we don't *really* need/want because we haven't been able to land the main targets.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The 3 New Signings on 10:53 - Aug 15 with 6889 viewsParky

Terence Kongolo
Jesurun Rak-Sakyi
Keane Lewis-Potter
The 3 New Signings on 10:54 - Aug 15 with 6864 viewsKieran_Knows

The 3 New Signings on 10:53 - Aug 15 by Parky

Terence Kongolo
Jesurun Rak-Sakyi
Keane Lewis-Potter

Lewis-Potter would be an unreal signing on loan.

The 3 New Signings on 10:57 - Aug 15 with 6824 viewsxrayspecs

MA said 2 or 3 rather than three signings.

As others have said, it looks like we missed out on one or two of our targets, which is quite normal in the transfer window.

A LCB and FW, possibly someone who can play multiple attacking positions appear to be the most obvious gaps in the squad.

We will have two senior spaces when Edwards moves on.

We can put to bed the notion that Jackson or Harness will be moved on this window, KM clearly rates them both and they gave us really good options from the bench on Saturday. Ball is an experienced and established Championship player, so we would be mad to get rid of him. You would only sell Freddie if we were bringing in two forwards, which I do not see.

If a third player comes in, then Evans (who slows the game down too much for KM style) and possibly Edmundson could be those most likely to miss out on the 25 man squad.

And we will not be spending big fees or big wages on those coming in, so Armstrong is not a realistic option at £8m, nor Tuanzabe (sp?) who was on £50k/week at Man U.
The 3 New Signings on 11:00 - Aug 15 with 6741 viewspointofblue

The 3 New Signings on 10:53 - Aug 15 by Parky

Terence Kongolo
Jesurun Rak-Sakyi
Keane Lewis-Potter

Kongolo was mentioned soon after McNally joined Stoke but that's all gone quiet since.

Our interest in Rak-Sakyi seems genuine but going to be a challenge with elsewhere. Can only hope the form of Davis, Woolfenden, Broadhead and Hirst can persuade him.

Lewis-Potter would be amazing but he wouldn't be coming here to be a squad player.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The 3 New Signings on 11:00 - Aug 15 with 6724 viewsBiGDonnie

Ronnie Edwards
Rak Sakyi (loan)
TJJ

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The 3 New Signings on 11:04 - Aug 15 with 6653 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

The 3 New Signings on 11:00 - Aug 15 by pointofblue

Kongolo was mentioned soon after McNally joined Stoke but that's all gone quiet since.

Our interest in Rak-Sakyi seems genuine but going to be a challenge with elsewhere. Can only hope the form of Davis, Woolfenden, Broadhead and Hirst can persuade him.

Lewis-Potter would be amazing but he wouldn't be coming here to be a squad player.

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi I would take on loan with a view to buy, because he's still untested in the Championship.
The 3 New Signings on 11:04 - Aug 15 with 6642 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The 3 New Signings on 10:48 - Aug 15 by itfc48

Might be a bit out of our reach but I'd love Cameron Archer. Rumours are Villa are open to a sale albeit with a buyback clause.

Yeah that's not happening, would be lovely mind.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The 3 New Signings on 11:07 - Aug 15 with 6576 viewsxrayspecs

The 3 New Signings on 11:04 - Aug 15 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi I would take on loan with a view to buy, because he's still untested in the Championship.

If JRS does well in the Champ, then we could not afford him.

In this scenario, it is more likely for Palace to add him to their first team squad next season as with Premiership appearances/experience he could be worth £20m+ to them.
The 3 New Signings on 11:08 - Aug 15 with 6562 viewsLankHenners

The 3 New Signings on 11:04 - Aug 15 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

He would only be available for a loan and certainly wouldn't have any 'view to buy' clauses. Palace are fairly hopeful he's not far off being ready to play for them at PL level.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The 3 New Signings on 11:08 - Aug 15 with 6552 viewspointofblue

The 3 New Signings on 11:00 - Aug 15 by BiGDonnie

Ronnie Edwards
Rak Sakyi (loan)
TJJ

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we bring TJJ back. Think he's in the final year of his contract so Arsenal are probably looking to sell - can't imagine he'll cost that much though.

I wouldn't want a long term contract with him, maybe two years with the club having an option on a third. Green but with plenty of promise.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024