Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have I just read this correctly? 07:05 - Jan 9 with 3463 viewskentishblue

In the news article has Berra been correctly quoted? " they (Lincoln) are a full time outfit and were very fit and we had to match that".
Am sure missing something? If I had read that article with no context I would have thought I was reading a comment from a player at a part time club.
Why was matching their fitness such a big deal? Surely that is a given as we are in the second tier of English football?

Just don't understand some of the comments that are coming out. It's like constantly matching up to opponents tactically wise /formation wise rather than imposing ourselves on others- it all just feels rather negative to me.

We need to get ourselves back on the front foot in the head and on the pitch.
Have I just read this correctly? on 13:10 - Jan 9 with 334 viewsDarth_Koont

Have I just read this correctly? on 08:34 - Jan 9 by BorisOrTrevor

You are missing the point. Why mention a non leagues club fitness, at home, in an interview? When playing professionals who get paid x times as much money should not even be on the table.

Doesn't sit right on any level as much as you want to argue against the flow on every thread.

Eh? Don't be silly. I'm not "arguing against the flow", I'm just saying how I took it.

I don't believe for one moment he was suggesting that it was a stretch for us to compete with their fitness. Just that there was a competition on that score which hasn't always been the case for non-league sides.

We should nevertheless have had enough skill and experience to get past them. But it speaks volumes about the importance of confidence and momentum when the difference in these made us second best.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024