Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traitors. 13:01 - Feb 6 with 958 viewsirishtim

Personally I think Evans and Milne Setting Mick up for a fall.
Traitors. on 13:09 - Feb 6 with 932 viewsGuthrum

That would be to suggest that they haven't discussed matters. Unlikely, given McCarthy has often stated that his role is absolutely clear.

He is here to run the team on a very tight budget, allowing the club to operate as close to break-even as possible, while maintaining at least Championship status. In return, he has the pretty much unqualified backing of the owner in terms of the security of his job and no iterference on the playing side.

There is no logical reason why Evans would undermine McCarthy. It would only be damaging to ITFC, there are no benefits whatsoever.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Traitors. on 13:14 - Feb 6 with 916 viewsFifeITFC

I think Mick is doing that all by himself actually, even if ME isn't positively helping matters.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Traitors. on 13:15 - Feb 6 with 906 viewsirishtim

Think the owner and his sidekick forcing Mick hand.
Tractors. on 13:21 - Feb 6 with 889 viewshoppy

Personally I think we should try and lose the tractor boys tag - it is a bit sad that it seems to have become one of our official nicknames and sets us up to be thought of as fools.

CLEGG OUT.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Traitors. on 13:21 - Feb 6 with 890 viewsGuthrum

Traitors. on 13:15 - Feb 6 by irishtim

Think the owner and his sidekick forcing Mick hand.

What, to resign? Not really.

This window was merely a continuation of a policy which has been in place for some time.

McCarthy obviously feels he can still do a job with the tools available and has said several times he's going to continue at least to the end of the season.

Most of the pressure on the manager has come from the fans, due to performances and results, not from above.

Traitors. on 13:30 - Feb 6 with 815 viewsirishtim

Traitors. on 13:21 - Feb 6 by Guthrum

This window was merely a continuation of a policy which has been in place for some time.

McCarthy obviously feels he can still do a job with the tools available and has said several times he's going to continue at least to the end of the season.

Most of the pressure on the manager has come from the fans, due to performances and results, not from above.

Really Gunthrum. Milne only a few weeks ago backing mick. Now a change?
Tractors. on 13:31 - Feb 6 with 806 viewsBenters

Tractors. on 13:21 - Feb 6 by hoppy

Personally I think we should try and lose the tractor boys tag - it is a bit sad that it seems to have become one of our official nicknames and sets us up to be thought of as fools.

CLEGG OUT.

It all depends if you like tractors and a boy i guess ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Traitors. on 13:31 - Feb 6 with 809 viewsTheBlueBarca

Traitors. on 13:21 - Feb 6 by Guthrum

Mick will go in the summer, regardless, you can see he no longer wants to take the flack for those policies here. He should have resigned as if we are relegated the blame will be largely with him now he's stayed.

Evans and Milne however are totally incompetent and the fact they believe the players are top 6 quality shows how out of touch with the game they are. We were barely top 6 when Gerks, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Skuse and Dids were younger and fitter! Now we have taken Murphy and Mings out of the question 14th-15th place is about right now.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Login to get fewer ads

Traitors. on 14:09 - Feb 6 with 726 viewsGuthrum

Traitors. on 13:30 - Feb 6 by irishtim

Really Gunthrum. Milne only a few weeks ago backing mick. Now a change?

I've listened to that interview, I didn't take anything he said as no longer backing McCarthy. Indeed, most of it was trying to assert that they still are, to the limits of what budget Evans had made available.

That doesn't mean I think the support has been adequate for the task at hand, but it doesn't sound like McCarthy's job is at risk from Evans.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 14:10]

Traitors. on 14:20 - Feb 6 with 705 viewsJohnny_Boy

Think Mick was perfectly happy to tow the party line of spending peanuts - as long as his lucky good fortune continued & the results were favourable.

Was happy to take all the accolades & that contract extension.

As soon as any whiff of fan disenchantment happened, he dropped ME like the proverbial hot-potato.

MM played him (and the fans), just as much as Evans did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024