Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporter since I was 10 13:04 - Mar 17 with 892 viewsbluefunk

and regular at PR for all that time, over 1000 ITFC games attended (would have been more but for playing Saturdays for 20 years) and 100 mile round trip from Essex for every home game - I am in that unfortunate 800 people who are affected by the change to prices for those aged between 60 and 65

I don't expect a medal for my financial and vocal support, even though I have stuck with the club and the current regime through thick and thin, but equally, I don't expect to have my ticket increase by over 50% (or 25% next year only if I have read correctly)

This feels personal, as ridiculous as that sounds, it's like someone saying "well you know all that support you have given us, well thanks but it really doesn't mean anything". It will be hard to give up, I have been doing this for over 50 years, but this might just be the end for me
Supporter since I was 10 on 13:07 - Mar 17 with 859 viewsmaccyd9

Sad but entirely understandable.

I'm 37 so effected by the 1.5%.

As I said somewhere else, the 1.5% is just ignorance, it's the effect on the likes of you that really get's to me.
Supporter since I was 10 on 13:17 - Mar 17 with 801 viewsSwansea_Blue

When you say "this might just be the end for me" I hope you mean for attending Portman Road and you're not planning on running of naked into the sea at Aldeburgh never to be seen again?

I can see it seems personal. In principle I've nothing wrong with the age band being increased to match that of other clubs (assuming that's the case, I've just taken that on trust from the statement). But agree it's been handled insensitively.

They could scrap the adult/concession age bands completely and have a loyalty scheme instead. 1% reduction per year or something. That would be a much better way of winning hearts and minds. Facters would then be paid to attend games!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Supporter since I was 10 on 13:27 - Mar 17 with 754 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Supporter since I was 10 on 13:17 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

When you say "this might just be the end for me" I hope you mean for attending Portman Road and you're not planning on running of naked into the sea at Aldeburgh never to be seen again?

I can see it seems personal. In principle I've nothing wrong with the age band being increased to match that of other clubs (assuming that's the case, I've just taken that on trust from the statement). But agree it's been handled insensitively.

They could scrap the adult/concession age bands completely and have a loyalty scheme instead. 1% reduction per year or something. That would be a much better way of winning hearts and minds. Facters would then be paid to attend games!

The PR people at Portman Road aren't very good.

Stumbling from 1 bad decision to another.

15 years in the championship and counting.

2017 might just be the end for me too.
Supporter since I was 10 on 13:52 - Mar 17 with 693 viewsbluefunk

Supporter since I was 10 on 13:17 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

Not Aldeburgh, it's too cold....

Like the idea about a loyalty bonus though and not just because it would benefit me - that seems a good way to keep people interested and avoid the situation I find myself in - of course it's not personal but it's been appallingly delivered
Supporter since I was 10 on 13:54 - Mar 17 with 674 viewsSwansea_Blue

Supporter since I was 10 on 13:27 - Mar 17 by BtreeBlueBlood

The PR people at Portman Road aren't very good.

Stumbling from 1 bad decision to another.

15 years in the championship and counting.

2017 might just be the end for me too.

Funny isn't it, when ME is supposed to be a corporate event whizz? I guess it proves that football fans don't want to be treated like corporate customers. And that football isn't just another type of business.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Supporter since I was 10 on 13:56 - Mar 17 with 669 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'd tell everyone to go an watch grassroots. Not the sunday morning football but step 6/step 5 over Suffolk way.

It's competitive, fun and the clubs genuinely appreciate every person that walks through the turnstyle.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024