Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad Refresh 08:53 - Apr 21 with 2238 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Mick has said there will be some big changes this summer. It sounds like there will be a bit of a spring clean, which is what the club needs as a number of players have stagnated in recent seasons.

Some players are ageing and not up to their former standards, some will be wearied by the negativity around this season, and some just haven't lived up to standards at all in their time here.

These are the players I think need to be moved on:

Berra
Best
Digby
Coke
Bru
Douglas

There are others who I'd also strongly consider - players who might have done a job, but are perhaps blocking younger, more talented players from getting their chance.

Discuss!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Squad Refresh on 13:15 - Apr 21 with 511 viewsTIB

First bet on a player coming in is that Lloyd Isgrove. Contract is up at Southampton I believe?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Squad Refresh on 13:45 - Apr 21 with 489 viewsbontcho

If we get a buyer I think Pitman will leave. He must be one of our bigger earners but hardly plays so would free up a bit of wage space if we could move him on.

I wonder if either Dozzell or (more likely) Bishop might be available at the right price, because they are essentially fighting for the same place (probably with Ward).

I think we'll be on the look out for a young central defender to be back up to Smith, Chambers (assuming he signs), Webster and (assuming he survives pre season) Taylor. I'm not aware of someone in the youth ready to step up.

I'd like us to sign a relatively small number of first team players (2 or 3) but of real quality, have a slimmer squad and push a few of the U23s closer to the first team squad.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024